Love Is In The Air 15 Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
Posts: 8257
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista

Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:31 pm

babbtke wrote:I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it.
But how much do you spend on bracelets?
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:30 pm

babbtke wrote:
bayharborbutcher wrote:Babbtke is a known flipper?
I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it. I really enjoy the hunt and how these pieces look on the wall. I guess the art nerds on this forum are intimidated by a buyer with a huge bankroll. Its seem like there a just a few that constantly harass me here but for the most part I have enjoyed doing business with many many of you. I have recently got into MBW 1/1's and Fairey HPMs. These are much easier to obtain directly from the artist rather than haggling with you "flippers". Nothing in my collection is for sale, I only do trades.
i was away for a few days, now just seeing this. hey a deal is a deal, but i dont think anyone is mad that you have "175k into this" or whatever, but playing dumb ("i dont know this artist, i think my son might like it"- really?) to get a better price when you now say youre bankrolling a gallery is pretty scummy. id like to think theres still a fair bit of real art fans and not just those exclusively coming here at the sign of $. oh well, live and learn i guess, no one put a gun to my head to sell anything and shame on me for believing a stranger on the internet. do you actually have a son btw?
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:32 pm

meskell wrote:
babbtke wrote:The only reason I joined this website was to establish my contacts in the art community and to build relations with the artists. I am opening a lowbrow gallery in...
merel'd :D
That's some goooooood fudge right there... :lol: :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
bayharborbutcher
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:33 pm

oh and sorry for derailing this thread on this piece, (but at least its just mbw, so i dont feel too bad! ;) ) i just saw some rumblings about someone i sold a print to for their son and figured that i would ask what was up..
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:39 pm

bayharborbutcher wrote:
babbtke wrote:
bayharborbutcher wrote:Babbtke is a known flipper?
I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it. I really enjoy the hunt and how these pieces look on the wall. I guess the art nerds on this forum are intimidated by a buyer with a huge bankroll. Its seem like there a just a few that constantly harass me here but for the most part I have enjoyed doing business with many many of you. I have recently got into MBW 1/1's and Fairey HPMs. These are much easier to obtain directly from the artist rather than haggling with you "flippers". Nothing in my collection is for sale, I only do trades.
i was away for a few days, now just seeing this. hey a deal is a deal, but i dont think anyone is mad that you have "175k into this" or whatever, but playing dumb ("i dont know this artist, i think my son might like it"- really?) to get a better price when you now say youre bankrolling a gallery is pretty scummy. id like to think theres still a fair bit of real art fans and not just those exclusively coming here at the sign of $. oh well, live and learn i guess, no one put a gun to my head to sell anything and shame on me for believing a stranger on the internet. do you actually have a son btw?
Keep in mind that the kids rarely exist and the various ailments (cancer, etc.) always seem to be a ruse in the long run. Not always, but most times :wink:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
Posts: 8257
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista

Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:02 pm

I got this recently

Image
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9946
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Mon Feb 16, 2015 6:16 pm

Must be saving that P H A T bankroll for a rainy day, eh? :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
babbtke
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 am

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:48 pm

bayharborbutcher wrote:
babbtke wrote:
bayharborbutcher wrote:Babbtke is a known flipper?
I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it. I really enjoy the hunt and how these pieces look on the wall. I guess the art nerds on this forum are intimidated by a buyer with a huge bankroll. Its seem like there a just a few that constantly harass me here but for the most part I have enjoyed doing business with many many of you. I have recently got into MBW 1/1's and Fairey HPMs. These are much easier to obtain directly from the artist rather than haggling with you "flippers". Nothing in my collection is for sale, I only do trades.
i was away for a few days, now just seeing this. hey a deal is a deal, but i dont think anyone is mad that you have "175k into this" or whatever, but playing dumb ("i dont know this artist, i think my son might like it"- really?) to get a better price when you now say youre bankrolling a gallery is pretty scummy. id like to think theres still a fair bit of real art fans and not just those exclusively coming here at the sign of $. oh well, live and learn i guess, no one put a gun to my head to sell anything and shame on me for believing a stranger on the internet. do you actually have a son btw?

I had no idea who that artist was until I paid you $400 for the print, peaked my interest and dove little deeper. I have been in communication with PEZ and even though he speaks French his english is not too shabby. I now have several of his HPM's so if you would like yours back I would be more than willing to send it back to you. I just got my first commissioned piece from PEZ for valentines day for my wife. It is a one off unpublished sketch.

And yes I have a son but you cannot have him too.
User avatar
babbtke
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:49 am

Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:54 pm

maden wrote:
babbtke wrote:I just started collecting art about 5 moths ago and have about $175,000 into it.
But how much do you spend on bracelets?
Hahaha, the only bracelets I have were sent to me by Mr Brainwash. He sent me all of his t-shirts and they came in cool spray cans. Included with the t-shirts he sent, were 2 bracelets and two stickers per can. So to answer your question $0.
User avatar
HisBobness
Art Expert
Posts: 3566
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: California

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:11 pm

babbtke has my vote for 14/15er of the year.
User avatar
Noah0189
Art Expert
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:14 pm

:iagree:
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
User avatar
Noah0189
Art Expert
Posts: 2362
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 1:05 pm

Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:15 pm

Chico meets Foodrap meets Particle
acidburn wrote:...Was one of those bootleg Spidermans that looked like a luchador and showed my excuse for a bulge.
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26928
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am

babbtke wrote:I had no idea who that artist was until I paid you $400 for the print
Image
babbtke wrote:And yes I have a son.
Image
just a foil for me today, thanks
User avatar
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:42 pm

Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:47 am

I just received my tube form Mr Brainwash. I am bummed a little, no lithos and no hand finishing. I am quite sure wifey will like this print though.
Here are a few quick photos
Image
Image
Image
The balloon strings seem abnormally long to me in this one.
The Original Pure Hemp Rolling Papers NOT Made In CHINA Unlike A Lot Of Our Competitors

PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
User avatar
maden
Art Expert
Posts: 8257
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:52 pm
Location: Del Boca Vista

Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:50 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:I am bummed a little, no lithos and no hand finishing
So, exactly what you paid for?
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

Image
Post Reply