POW 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:37 pm

This topic is dedicated to: POW 07 Fairey

But-we-unleashed-a-lion
Art Expert

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:37 pm

next week?
Flimby

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:39 pm

But-we-unleashed-a-lion wrote:next week?
yes, 12/4
password
Art Connoisseur

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:42 pm

This is a Pictures On Walls and Obey collab?
aahnutz
EB Team

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:55 pm

password wrote:This is a Pictures On Walls and Obey collab?
POW = Prisoner of War
Flimby

Sat Dec 01, 2007 4:56 pm

aahnutz wrote:
POW = Prisoner of War
my mind = blown
kevron62007
Art Expert

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:13 pm

First Fairey that I feel like I must own. See you guys on Tuesday
jjbehren
Flipper

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:18 pm

Flimby wrote:
aahnutz wrote:
POW = Prisoner of War
my mind = blown
:lol:

I like it. I wonder what the edition size will be. Will it be a larger run due to the charitable givings. I know Hope was a slightly larger run.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:34 pm

jjbehren wrote:
Flimby wrote:
aahnutz wrote:
POW = Prisoner of War
my mind = blown
:lol:

I like it. I wonder what the edition size will be. Will it be a larger run due to the charitable givings. I know Hope was a slightly larger run.
probably 400-450
pjtaper
Art Freak

Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:53 pm

taper approved!
artoholic
Art Expert

Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:39 pm

Maybe we should cut their heads off and beat their dead bodies instead of holding them on suspicion of terrorist activities. Or maybe we should just release them so they can go back to working on plots of horrific atrocity against humanity.

I wonder if Shepard Fairey would be beating the drum about this issue if his wife had been one of the 3,000 people killed on 9/11. Maybe he would feel differently if his best friend had been beheaded by Iraqi militants while serving his tour of duty. Maybe we should round up all of the bleeding heart liberals and hand them over to Al-Qaeda. I would think that they might start to change their attitude as they watch each other get horrifically executed one by one.

No one likes war and in a perfect world we would all be able to coexist in peace and harmony. Unfortunately the world is not perfect and there are people who would rather kill you and I then live in peace with us. The reality is that most of the people being held in Guantanamo would slit your throat just as soon as they would look at you. A small percentage of these people may be innocent, but that is the case in every prison in the world.

I realize that I am going to receive criticism for voicing my opinion, but I feel that it is important for people to consider both sides. We need to stop and think before blindly joining the herd behind our favorite artist or Hollywood star. Just because a movement is trendy or popular doesn’t make it right.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2005 ... 04info.pdf
http://www.jtfgtmo.southcom.mil/mission.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unlawful_combatant
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:19 pm

I can honestly say that if my wife was killed in the 9/11 attacks I would still feel the way I do about torture and holding innocent people. This country's penal system was built around the concept of "it's better to let ten guilty people go free than to convict one innocent one." Locking up mass quantities of innocent people is one giant step toward a dictatorship/authoritarian government, not a democracy. (Side note, interesting note I just read comparing an authoritarian government to a democracy: Authoritarian governments have ready access to information about its citizens and its citizens are limited in their ability to obtain information about the government. A democracy is the opposite.) If you want to live under authoritarian government than please leave this country. That is not what America is. I am sure there are a lot of authoritarian governments that would take you.

Not to mention the fact that "Iraqi militants" as you call them had NOTHING TO DO WITH 9/11!! You must watch a lot of Faux (Fox) News.

Now, because of big brother, I am now on a government watch list for writing the post. God help us all.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:23 pm

Many of those being tortured have SHITALL to do with 9/11.

And the goddamn troops shouldn't be in Irak to begin with, therefore eliminating the entire beheading issue.

Nice spin though, artho.

E
jjbehren
Flipper

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:43 pm

DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Many of those being tortured have SHITALL to do with 9/11.

And the goddamn troops shouldn't be in Irak to begin with, therefore eliminating the entire beheading issue.

Nice spin though, artho.

E

I understand that the word "goddamn" was said in frustration with the Iraq situation and not towards the troops, but be careful with that. The talking point is that those who are anti-war want the US to lose and that we blame the troops.
DeltaSigChi4
Flipper

Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:50 pm

Fair enough. I was a U.S. American troop who served in Irak though. And we already lost. It has no military solution.

E