The Blue Milky Way 15 Petrie

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:10 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Blue Milky Way 15 Petrie

Thundergod125
Art Enthusiast

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:38 pm

What is wrong with this print? I have little experience in the art scene and was wondering what about this print may have turned people away. I would have thought this print would be sold out. Mostly because of the subject matter, size of print, and cost. I personally think it's a good looking print and fresh concept. I like what the artist did with the background elements as well.

Did the Jaws print (Chum Chart) take all the spotlight? Not enough profit margin for the flippers? Are there just way better Star Wars prints at that cost? Is it the Wookie's belt that looks like a sex toy? (LoL, was going to use dildo to describe it but wasn't sure if I'd be censored)

Regardless I am pleased to have been able to obtain one of these prints.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jan 22, 2015 12:49 pm

This print is cool for the die-hard Star Wars fan, but it's also very busy. Might play some role in the aftermarket prices, who knows
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:23 pm

I don't know....
I gotta agree with 'Thundergod125.'
I saw this print online before the release, and it's one of the reasons I decided to go. I was worried it was going to sell out for sure and the second I saw it I loved it! I thought it had good colors, was creatively planned out, and very aesthetically pleasing. It is busy, but it's the good kind of busy: the kind that makes you want to really look over the poster and see every little bit of it. Maybe I'm just sick of all the Luke Skywalker/Darth Vader posters out there.
I dig it, and was bummed that the Variant sold out before I got to it. But, I grabbed the regular and I'm stoked I did.

I wish more peeps would comment on this piece so I can get an idea of what kept this from selling out. I can only imagine that if I showed this to any Star Wars dork (who isn't a poster dork) they would completely fall in love with it. So....what's keeping all the Star Wars dorks on this site from not totally loving it?

?Anyone?