Banana Split 15 Mr. Brainwash

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 5:59 pm

dsanacore wrote:
MaxCollinsII wrote:How much do you all think framing is going to run for this?
Depending on a lot of things (Frame choice, museum glass vs UV plexi, matting options, etc) I would guess that framing this will range anywhere from $400-$1,400
JamelD great frame job, the splashes on the matte are a nice touch. $400 I could do, after $500 I might have to rethink this. I am not eve sure what wall to hang this on. Thanx for the links.

Link? To DIY
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
shoeless
Art Expert

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:03 pm

MaxCollinsII wrote:
Link? To DIY
You may have to enter everything in, but: http://www.framedestination.com/picture ... -wood.html

Frame style 500
50x25
No mat
Acid free foam core
UV acrylic
$199.98
Beakman
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:13 pm

these are gonna be real nice looking with the hand finishing/stenciling! I hope each one is individual and different like the one he did with the Panda bear Lennon I think it was? It had thick pink splash's all over the print? Those were nice prints and I'm hoping these turn out the same!
Wanna Bot? PM ME....

$1500 buy in!
canuck wrote:I think I have jammed that check out button a hundred times now.
sephirot8
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 26, 2015 1:04 am

Arborescens4 wrote:
spagucci1 wrote:This print is better than a lot of stuff being released right now.

Indeed... such as excrement, nuclear waste, greenhouse gasses, sewage, and just about anything by Miley Cyrus.

I do have a great idea for the frameup though....
toilet.jpg
Couldn't found better. Fantastic framing idea!! Hope everyone who bought it Will do the same.
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:46 am

Can I can get some clarification on this piece... Is it going to be hand finished with the drips along with a hand finished spray paint stencil on the bananas? I think we might be in for a surprise with this one.
tranito
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 am

From the description, I get that the black color should be stenciled by hand with black spray paint. The other colors should be screened. There should also be some hand finishing with yellow acrylic paint. You can see yellow dripping off the peel of the banana on the gray version that doesn't show on the white one, so that has to be the hand applied acrylic paint.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:03 am

tranito wrote:From the description, I get that the black color should be stenciled by hand with black spray paint. The other colors should be screened. There should also be some hand finishing with yellow acrylic paint. You can see yellow dripping off the peel of the banana on the gray version that doesn't show on the white one, so that has to be the hand applied acrylic paint.
That's what I assume as well and the main reason this was worth picking up imo.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:28 pm

I received a shipping notice today, has anyone received their tube yet?
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
babbtke
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:32 am

Just got mine today... No litho included but these are amazing. Each one will be different, the hand finished spray paint with the yellow and black acrylic splatter is DOPE!
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:26 pm

babbtke wrote:Just got mine today... No litho included but these are amazing. Each one will be different, the hand finished spray paint with the yellow and black acrylic splatter is DOPE!
Any chance you have a photo or two to share?
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:32 pm

babbtke wrote:Just got mine today... No litho included but these are amazing. Each one will be different, the hand finished spray paint with the yellow and black acrylic splatter is DOPE!
Yup, I was pretty shocked at how thick some of the paint splatters are! Pretty sweet. No pics, mine are relaxing for a few days before I flatten it out.
Codeblue wrote: I’m sorry for everything.
disdig1
Art Expert

Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:39 pm

this guy has some pics

eBay 171662980155
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:17 pm

Thank You
soam24
Art Freak

Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:34 pm

I'll post my photos later, it is heavily hand finished.. that one on ebay of actual photos look like they got the short end of the stick
shibby
Art Expert

Mon Feb 09, 2015 5:06 am

In person, this is actually quite a really cool print. The sheer size of looking at 3 huge Warhol-ish bananas is quite hilarious. Good execution. It's not a homage, not a ripoff, but more of an inside joke. I like it.