Drunken Promises 15 Doyle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:09 am

selenite wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
selenite wrote:Jesus, whitey and MPE, give it a drymounting rest. You guys are insufferable.

And is that your art in your avatar and collection, MPE? Don't quit your day job. :vomit:
That's my sister's art...

Well, then, tell your sister not to quit her day job.
She's a professional graphic designer and works for CBS Sports. She's doing fine.
selenite
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:10 am

Superfro33 wrote:
MoviePosterEmpire wrote:
selenite wrote:Jesus, whitey and MPE, give it a drymounting rest. You guys are insufferable.

And is that your art in your avatar and collection, MPE? Don't quit your day job. :vomit:
That's my sister's art...
http://society6.com/product/han-solo-pr ... print#1=45

She should really list if those aren't limited. Would just be a simple few words.
Yeah, how do I know if that 28" x 35" of Han Solo's vector traced hair won't be reprinted in the future?
MoviePosterEmpire

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:11 am

Superfro33 wrote:
http://society6.com/product/han-solo-pr ... print#1=45

She should really list if those aren't limited. Would just be a simple few words.
She doesn't claim them to be limited on there so there's no problem.
Last edited by MoviePosterEmpire on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:11 am

DixonSteele wrote:
Jesusmalverde wrote:Life is too short to get all worked up over a limited/reprint of a dinosaur riding starlord light saber medley mashup.
Completely agree.
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:14 am

Whitey9457 wrote:
alexfugazi wrote: The truth is, I just REALLY like debating and arguing on the internet. My time would be better spent elsewhere. But I think this discussion is important.
But think about what you're saying for a moment- you're implying that I'm lying about my support. But why do you think there is a 10th edition of Cook, Change into a Truck, or 'Got to be Kind'? It's because all the previous editions sold out. Someone is buying those prints, man. People who like my art. That's just 3 of my in-print posters. They may not be people active in the online community- but the mistake people make is thinking that the internet, or boards like this represent a significant portion of the buying public.
The Cook is popular because Breaking Bad is popular and your art is cheap to buy. People bought got to be kind because they like kurt vonnegut and it's cheap. Change into a truck is popular because you took someone else's well received art and spoofed it with another popular franchise...

None of these pieces are really that great IMO although none of my complaints are with the art you produce. I would've maybe considered buying The Cook (because I am a breaking bad fan and your art is cheap) but on principle I won't buy your stuff anymore because you deliberately deceive people and then make fun of them online. Only the tactics you use to sell them which you call "advertising" and "marketing" but it is just lowering the bar while taking advantage of the industry standards... basically your only justifications are "well i'm not breaking any laws by lying" and "I make more money this way"
Umm- isn't this the whole thing? Like- this art is popular, or has popular references and is cheap to buy? I don't understand how this is a bad thing? I make popular art. There's a term for it.

I don't make fun of people. Well- normal people. People who get really upset at a silly drawing of Starlord on a Raptor kind of are opening themselves up for slight ribbing now and then.

I've only got one mom joke, and I'm standing on that one.
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:15 am

I still say Chris Prat and The Raptors is a fantastic band name.
Last edited by mobius006 on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

alexfugazi wrote:
DixonSteele wrote:
Jesusmalverde wrote:Life is too short to get all worked up over a limited/reprint of a dinosaur riding starlord light saber medley mashup.
Completely agree.
Yes, I'm not surprised that you want to move on since it's your conduct that is at issue. And if you really think that's what this is about then you clearly haven't paid any attention to a word said in here.
danieldanger
LORD KINGSHIT

alexfugazi wrote: But what if I told you- the only thing keeping you from having those prints is you.
im well aware im the thing keeping me from doing reprints. thats on purpose. something something ethics (sorry, i literally cant care about anything except spiderman right now).

reading all this, and i read it through carefully, i know its already very clear we operate in different realms and have very different end goals. you can tell me that i could make my model like yours, but it should be pretty clear that i actively chose the other path here. i get why you operate the way you do, but it aint for me. it would probably keep me up at night. thats not how i see this for myself and the people who support what i do.
its great your model makes more money than mine, its great you can sell 10,000 unliscenced simpsons prints vs my couple hundo sad asshole prints about death, its great that your fans come up to you and tell you how much they like the print of the thing they already liked, things are just great and congrats on all your success. but man, youve got people basically begging you for transparency and youre still just smearing the grease on your body to slip around it.

no foolin, i think your original content art prints are about 1000 times stronger and more interesting than any of the straight referential pop culture stuff that takes up 96% of your time, and id be legit curious what would come out of you if you just focused on original work for a year and put the other peoples toys away. because as much as youve told us how successful your company business model is, and how its better than all us other artists business model, youve taken alot of "shortcuts" with the content you sell.

anyways, im out.
talk amongst yourselves....
dsanacore
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:16 am

I don't really like much of Tim's art (Sorry Tim) but Change Into A Truck is pretty hilarious and well excited.

Just because you don't like a person or don't agree with them doesn't necessarily mean that everything they do is wrong. If all you can see is the bad in a person then you need to take a good long look at yourself before you pass judgement on them.

Basically, blah blah eyes clouded by hate Princess Mononoke quote hugs and rainbows. I give thebends 1 page before he posts a blowjob gif.

Edit: To explain that. Basically, I think Tim has made some... questionable judgement calls in how he runs his business. I think he's made mistakes, and I strongly disagree with his business model. Despite that, it doesn't mean I'm going to fudge on everything the guy he does. His business practices and the quality of the art are totally unrelated. Change Into A Truck is a funny poster. If Tim was Saint Nicholas, or Ghengis Khan, it would still be a funny poster. Does that make sense? Whatever. I'm going to bed.
Last edited by dsanacore on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
dsanacore
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:19 am

Also I totally broke up with my girlfriend tonight and I'm super emotional right now. That's the only reason I'm even slightly on Tim's side. It's a weird night. I don't know what's happening.
Last edited by dsanacore on Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:19 am

alexfugazi wrote: Umm- isn't this the whole thing? Like- this art is popular, or has popular references and is cheap to buy? I don't understand how this is a bad thing? I make popular art. There's a term for it.
Many if not most artists on here create art from scratch... not just drawing a picture of someone else's art or combining two pieces of other people's art... To each his own, again you're deflecting to this being about your actual art, which it isn't... It's about your dirty tactics when it comes to selling them. That's the crazy part here. It's kind of shocking that an artist needs to get so much hate for that stuff. I wish I could say I hated your art. Like I said, I would even buy some of it if it weren't for the other issues discussed...
mobius006
Art Freak

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:23 am

dsanacore wrote:Also I totally broke up with my girlfriend tonight and I'm super emotional right now. That's the only reason I'm even slightly on Tim's side. It's a weird night. I don't know what's happening.
:oops:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:24 am

Story time!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:28 am

I ended things. She said not nice things about me. I got sad and kind of defended Doyle?

I shall never live down this shame! :P
Image Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:29 am

Worst story eva.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.