Drunken Promises 15 Doyle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 am

dropdoctor wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote: I was happy to just get a vague reference to looking into a possible change in the future...maybe
And really that's what this is all about. You just want to be heard you big doyle fan you :wink:
No. I wanted Tim to stop misleading people. I was "heard" over and over again... It just didn't do any good. Do we really need to go through this again? Sounds like someone else just wants to be heard now... I've moved on...
MoviePosterEmpire

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 pm

Something something can't call it open edition.
Jesusmalverde
Art Expert

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:35 pm

canuck wrote:My head hurts.
Hungover?
badgerthyme
Art Enthusiast

Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:37 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:
badgerthyme wrote:
alexfugazi wrote:
Codeblue wrote: Got fat again already?
Actually, no. Not as thin as I'd like to be, but haven't put back on the weight I lost. The artist on this-Paul Maybury- has known me for a long time, so he might have used an older, fatter reference.

If you friend me on facebook, my trainer posts a lot of photos of me in the gym. I'm sure that will be the highlight of anyone's day.

Beefcake.
Well Mr. Doyle I was irate after hearing about the reprint, I reveled in the storm that was this thread. I bathed in your blood not unlike the sequence depicted in the Wesley Snipes film Blade. I felt hoodwinked and bamboozled.

To add to the fire your retorts painted you as sort of a dick, evoking bill clinton esque depinds what your definition is "reprint" is is.

but then I talked to samson and I realized none of this is important
for the record, I had bill clinton memes ready to go...

hahahaha

I was happy to just get a vague reference to looking into a possible change in the future...maybe
skullyland
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:00 pm

ISO: Rhys Cooper Critters
dwlfennell
Art Connoisseur

Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:44 pm

alexfugazi wrote:
Codeblue wrote: Got fat again already?
Actually, no. Not as thin as I'd like to be, but haven't put back on the weight I lost. The artist on this-Paul Maybury- has known me for a long time, so he might have used an older, fatter reference.

If you friend me on facebook, my trainer posts a lot of photos of me in the gym. I'm sure that will be the highlight of anyone's day.

Beefcake.
You certainly have one of the better "before" pictures out there. That old GP profile pic was magic.
canuck
Art Freak

Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:54 am

Jesusmalverde wrote:
canuck wrote:My head hurts.
Hungover?
Nah. Reading through all dem pages too fast hurts my fragile brain.
DaleCooper
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:09 am

Only just catching up on this. People still buy his crap?
RadRacing
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 am

badgerthyme wrote:
but then I talked to samson and I realized none of this is important
If more people did this the world would be a MUCH better place. So much pointless rage and bickering, with a slight change of perspective, can so easily be avoided.
NoObism
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:13 am

:clap: :milking:
RottenAtom wrote:Put up or shut up. Acting like a beggin ass bitch probably won't get you anywhere.

Welcome to EB :pint:
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:28 pm

Only Tim Doyle would turn a profit off people's hate for him. I hate you Tim but kudos if you make and sell that print. In fact do one for Chris Morkaut or Retna and people will give you a standing ovation.
lazk
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:04 pm

Speaking of Retna, he has made it on TMZ twice in the last few months for brutal assaults ( allegedly ), yet people still buy his art. People around here use the word, "HATE" towards Tim because of reprints? Plus I am also positive he didn't send his "friends" to beat up a EBer for trying to double up on a flip. Same story, different day.
T.K.C.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:11 pm

lazk wrote:Speaking of Retna, he has made it on TMZ twice in the last few months for brutal assaults ( allegedly ), yet people still buy his art. People around here use the word, "HATE" towards Tim because of reprints? Plus I am also positive he didn't send his "friends" to beat up a EBer for trying to double up on a flip. Same story, different day.
Retna supposedly sent friends to beat up a flipper?!? If that's true, guys a lunatic.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:24 pm

lazk wrote:Speaking of Retna, he has made it on TMZ twice in the last few months for brutal assaults ( allegedly ), yet people still buy his art. People around here use the word, "HATE" towards Tim because of reprints? Plus I am also positive he didn't send his "friends" to beat up a EBer for trying to double up on a flip. Same story, different day.

Hate comes in unlimited quantities if you want it... Kinda like how you can like/love more than one artists for different reasons at the same time too.

This debate has kinda gone away anyway (at least until the next time) so not sure why you're trying to bring it back.. but just to be clear, no one cares that Tim does reprints. He should feel free to do them as often as he wants, but he shouldn't give the impression that he won't do reprints in order to sell prints/tshirts, etc. That was the real issue IMO.

For the record - I never said I hated Tim. I know others did, but I'm sure they're just exaggerating and you can really blame them when Tim kinda eggs them on or at least has done so in the past.
MoviePosterEmpire

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:19 pm

Yep. Don't care if he reprints or does open editions, just don't represent it as limited edition, one edition only, when it's gone it's gone.