Drunken Promises 15 Doyle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:41 am

Whitey9457 wrote:
bryndavies wrote:This nerd battle still going?
It was dead until a few people decided they were bored i guess...

Isn't it same old same old? Dude sucks at art, reprints upon reprints, lies, lies, lies, excuses and more excuses, bangs moms, but not really because no one drymounts comic nerds, rinse repeat..?
ImageT.K.C.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:44 am

Whitey9457 wrote:On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove a thread you've posted in from appearing in the "View Your Posts" section?

I for one like to avoid things that make me angry... Things don't often make me angry. I didn't even buy this print and simply feel bad for the people who were misled by Tim ... (and then insulted and instigated into debating by him because he gets off on it). I stopped buying his work as soon as I first saw him making fun of his customers on here...
So people can talk fudge for days about an artist but when he stands up for himself there is problem ? Ok, check.
selenite
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:55 am

Whitey9457 wrote:Things don't often make me angry. I didn't even buy this print
OK, dude, OK. Go be with your jam band prints and find your happy place. You're just not the Batman EB deserves right now. :roll:
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:56 am

ChefFerrari wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove a thread you've posted in from appearing in the "View Your Posts" section?

I for one like to avoid things that make me angry... Things don't often make me angry. I didn't even buy this print and simply feel bad for the people who were misled by Tim ... (and then insulted and instigated into debating by him because he gets off on it). I stopped buying his work as soon as I first saw him making fun of his customers on here...
So people can talk fudge for days about an artist but when he stands up for himself there is problem ? Ok, check.

Interesting interpretation... I welcomed him to defend himself but it didn't really get much further than "I didn't technically lie" and "I make more money this way". I honestly don't think people talked much "fudge" about him as an artist but of course when people are angry they're going to say stuff in anger. Mostly, the criticisms were with him as a businessman.

Regardless, both sides said their parts and then we moved on. It doesn't help that Tim needs to remind everyone that he thinks it's a joke when his customers feel deceived though...
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:57 am

selenite wrote:
OK, dude, OK. Go be with your jam band prints and find your happy place. You're just not the Batman EB deserves right now. :roll:
Sorry I didn't realize my jamband prints weren't classy enough for the Drunken Promises thread...
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:06 am

Whitey9457 wrote:
selenite wrote:
Sorry I didn't realize my jamband prints weren't classy enough for the Drunken Promises thread...

Jamband prints are what started this whole website. So......
ImageT.K.C.
selenite
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:07 am

Whitey9457 wrote:
selenite wrote:
Well, now you know. Jam bands suck. And since you didn't even buy this print, you have no horse in this race and you should probably stop trolling this thread.
MoviePosterEmpire

Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:21 pm

"I apologize for making some people angry at my art sometimes. I tried really hard to make EVERYONE angry ALL the time. I failed."

"Nobody is ever angry at your art. People are only ever angry at your business practices and ethics. How do you not understand?"
BlindDog
Art Enthusiast

Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Flippers gotta flip, yo! :shock:
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:02 am

3rd edition incoming! On press next week I think.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:06 am

stay classy doyle, glad it pays the bills
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:41 am

guy would print trump posters if there was a buck in it for him :vomit:
alexfugazi wrote:
xangelx wrote:I wonder if this print is the biggest cash cow he's milked to date? If so I foresee him developing quite the drinking problem.

Nah- I've sold 1000's of copies of Change Into a Truck, White Dragon, and The Cook at this point. Cook and Truck are in their 10th editions. That's crazy.
Also- no drinking for a few weeks now- trying to get back under 200 lbs- the holidays ruined my diet.

Phone is ringing- someone's mom is calling...

Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:49 am

Why?

Its a poster for an inside joke made in a private Facebook group more than a year ago. There are currently more for sale than people who are ISO. :?
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:12 am

binky79 wrote:Why?

Its a poster for an inside joke made in a private Facebook group more than a year ago. There are currently more for sale than people who are ISO. :?
Because...I sell a lot of prints at in person events, and the last convention I did where I had these, they flew out the door. I wish I had a lot more. This is a lesson in something- just because you guys aren't buying 'em doesn't mean someone else isn't.

Why mention it here?

Because it's fun to see who is still angry at this.
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:13 am

GiantBoyDective wrote: Image
Thank you!