Drunken Promises 15 Doyle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25830
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:51 pm

Some of you have real hard-ons for Doyle....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23991
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Fri Feb 13, 2015 5:01 pm

rubberneck wrote:Some of you have real hard-ons for Doyle....
Dude slept with their moms. What other reaction would you expect?
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
coffe4u
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 14
Joined: Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Honestly, I just wanted the poster because I like the art. If you bought this so that you could sell it for a profit later and now you are boned and wasting all of your time complaining on here, I have no sympathy for you. I am so tired of trying to buy prints to frame and hang only to find out that it's already sold out but I can buy one for 4x the original cost on eBay.
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:19 pm

Listen to Tim Doyle on Adventures in Design podcast. In the bonus content (subscription), they address this issue of reprinting.

The guy has been using this business model for years now, so you're all just beating a dead horse at this point.
Image
alexfugazi
Art Expert
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 am

Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:24 pm

Satisfied customer.
(contains footage of someone shooting the poster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WKLeb2xO90
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:02 pm

coffe4u wrote:Honestly, I just wanted the poster because I like the art. If you bought this so that you could sell it for a profit later and now you are boned and wasting all of your time complaining on here, I have no sympathy for you. I am so tired of trying to buy prints to frame and hang only to find out that it's already sold out but I can buy one for 4x the original cost on eBay.
machination wrote:Listen to Tim Doyle on Adventures in Design podcast. In the bonus content (subscription), they address this issue of reprinting.

The guy has been using this business model for years now, so you're all just beating a dead horse at this point.
alexfugazi wrote:Satisfied customer.
(contains footage of someone shooting the poster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WKLeb2xO90
After a week of silence on the matter you guys post this stuff... sounds like you actually want to keep the debate going...
Image
apruski03
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:18 pm

alexfugazi wrote:Satisfied customer.
(contains footage of someone shooting the poster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WKLeb2xO90

Damn, now we have Guardians of the Galaxy, Jurassic Park, Terminator, Star Wars AND American Sniper all together.

Pop culture overload!
apruski03
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 484
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 am

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:19 pm

Whitey9457 wrote:
coffe4u wrote:Honestly, I just wanted the poster because I like the art. If you bought this so that you could sell it for a profit later and now you are boned and wasting all of your time complaining on here, I have no sympathy for you. I am so tired of trying to buy prints to frame and hang only to find out that it's already sold out but I can buy one for 4x the original cost on eBay.
machination wrote:Listen to Tim Doyle on Adventures in Design podcast. In the bonus content (subscription), they address this issue of reprinting.

The guy has been using this business model for years now, so you're all just beating a dead horse at this point.
alexfugazi wrote:Satisfied customer.
(contains footage of someone shooting the poster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WKLeb2xO90
After a week of silence on the matter you guys post this stuff... sounds like you actually want to keep the debate going...

Either that or they just don't really care and are having some fun with it all. Look at the drymounting print man. It's Star-Lord riding a damn Raptor. Shouldn't you be in like the Geddes thread or something for super serious proper art work?
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:23 pm

apruski03 wrote:
Whitey9457 wrote:
coffe4u wrote:Honestly, I just wanted the poster because I like the art. If you bought this so that you could sell it for a profit later and now you are boned and wasting all of your time complaining on here, I have no sympathy for you. I am so tired of trying to buy prints to frame and hang only to find out that it's already sold out but I can buy one for 4x the original cost on eBay.
machination wrote:Listen to Tim Doyle on Adventures in Design podcast. In the bonus content (subscription), they address this issue of reprinting.

The guy has been using this business model for years now, so you're all just beating a dead horse at this point.
alexfugazi wrote:Satisfied customer.
(contains footage of someone shooting the poster)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WKLeb2xO90
After a week of silence on the matter you guys post this stuff... sounds like you actually want to keep the debate going...

Either that or they just don't really care and are having some fun with it all. Look at the drymounting print man. It's Star-Lord riding a damn Raptor. Shouldn't you be in like the Geddes thread or something for super serious proper art work?

It's been a while since anyone commented on Tim's actual art. We're really only complaining about his business methods... not sure how many times we need to go in these circles...
Image
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7466
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Sat Feb 21, 2015 11:37 pm

At the present time, I don't like this. Had this come out when I was a teenager, I would have slapped it on the wall with some pushpins. Even then it would only be good for a few months as the novelty of seeing such a mash-up would inevitably get old. It would accomplish it's goal of being a little piece of fun art though.
alexfugazi
Art Expert
Posts: 1539
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 am

Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:22 am

Cragars wrote:At the present time, I don't like this. Had this come out when I was a teenager, I would have slapped it on the wall with some pushpins. Even then it would only be good for a few months as the novelty of seeing such a mash-up would inevitably get old. It would accomplish it's goal of being a little piece of fun art though.
It is a deeply silly idea, and that's kind of the point...It made a bunch of people smile, and that was the intention.
It also made some people very, very angry.
User avatar
chalkdust
Art Expert
Posts: 7151
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:00 am
Location: St. Louis

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:09 am

those people would have just found something else to be angry about..
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 am

On an unrelated note, can anyone tell me if there is a way to remove a thread you've posted in from appearing in the "View Your Posts" section?

I for one like to avoid things that make me angry... Things don't often make me angry. I didn't even buy this print and simply feel bad for the people who were misled by Tim ... (and then insulted and instigated into debating by him because he gets off on it). I stopped buying his work as soon as I first saw him making fun of his customers on here...
Image
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:32 am

This nerd battle still going?
ImageT.K.C.
Whitey9457
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 691
Joined: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:52 am

Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:38 am

bryndavies wrote:This nerd battle still going?
It was dead until a few people decided they were bored i guess...
Image
Post Reply