Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 14 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
MagiaOrganica
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:03 am

This is the art comment thread. Please place your posts regarding flips where they belong. Up your ass.
Thebialy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:03 am

Ozzysworld wrote:Looks like I'm playing 'Refresh Psycho' at Starbucks again tomorrow morning.
Wish I wasn't such a flip newbie....curious whether the variant or regular will be better for flips or trades. Are there any cases when the variant version is not more popular? It seems like variants are always more popular/'worth' more.

I agree with a few of the above posts:

1) Which website? Newbie or oldie no matter--the year is 2014. I know three year olds that can use the magic google machine to find such an easy answer to such an easy question.
2) And, yes....$100 is not very expensive in this hobby--especially when it comes to Horkey.

then this guy enters the thread
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:19 am

Yeah! Either one will flip. Moron.
Count
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:25 am

ZOMG HORKEY/STOUT/MOSS Mondo drops never fail to bring out the valuable new members.
desch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:41 am

oinkoink wrote:It would be cool to see Aaron do a Hobbit piece with Smaug, but that's probably a dream for a future MMM.
That would be truly epic. :shock:
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:09 am

Well, I thought I clicked on 'comments' for this print, but apparently I clicked on the 'only-discuss-the-quality-of-the-art-page.' I figured all and any comments on this print were welcome....but I guess not.
Anyways, as above user stated: I'll be posting on using an acquisition of one of these prints to trade towards a Horkey I really want in the "up my ass" forum.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:19 am

When you openly admit your sole reason for obtaining a print is for a flip, then there goes any hope for anyone willing to help you out.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
DarkenedShrine
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:06 am

Ozzysworld wrote:Well, I thought I clicked on 'comments' for this print, but apparently I clicked on the 'only-discuss-the-quality-of-the-art-page.' I figured all and any comments on this print were welcome....but I guess not.
Anyways, as above user stated: I'll be posting on using an acquisition of one of these prints to trade towards a Horkey I really want in the "up my ass" forum.
:lol:
ImageImageImage
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:11 am

UrsusMorris wrote:When you openly admit your sole reason for obtaining a print is for a flip, then there goes any hope for anyone willing to help you out.
Yeah, keep it on the DL.
fitz
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:32 am

thisisjosh wrote:
UrsusMorris wrote:When you openly admit your sole reason for obtaining a print is for a flip, then there goes any hope for anyone willing to help you out.
Yeah, keep it on the DL.
and have an entirely implausible excuse up your sleeve as to why you are having to move it on swiftly but reluctantly (but still at a hefty mark up).

edit: unexpected car related expenses are often a good fall back option for this.
Last edited by fitz on Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:46 am

Ozzysworld wrote: I'll be posting on using an acquisition of one of these prints to trade towards a Horkey I really want in the "up my ass" forum.
I hear that forum is invite only.

This is growing on me the more I look at it. I think what sells it to me is the look on the Balrog's face. Horkey's color palette is always a bit difficult to discern in jpeg, so I'm going to assume this won't look muddy or too busy in person.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:57 am

fitz wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:
Yeah, keep it on the DL.
and have an entirely implausible excuse up your sleeve as to why you are having to move it on swiftly but reluctantly (but still at a hefty mark up).

edit: unexpected car related expenses are often a good fall back option for this.
Yes and also a "huge ISO" that somehow never gets bought.
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:06 am

Yup. I mean, if you're only buyin it to flip it, by all means, own up to it. But at least wait until after the drop to admit it lol. Don't ask for any assistance beforehand. That's just spittin into someone's face in my book.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 am

I appreciate the advice to keep it on the DL. I didn't know until now that flips/trades offend collectors here. Which, is slightly confusing to me considering that we're ALL collectors, meaning here and there we all flip and trade--in order to get other prints. Not like I'm looking to flip for new rims, and gas $ to get to the voting booth to abolish art programs in schools. I love this print, because I love Horkeys style! I think this one is an example of when he gets a little too busy and, I dont consider the proportions of Barlogs anatomy to be amazing, and I think he could have done a little better at the 3-d effect of Barlogs right arm coming out. (Not to say I could do any better.) The only point I am making is that although I really dig Horkeys art, this is not my favorite one by him. So, I'm hoping to acquire it to trade up for another Horkey....I just cannot afford his stuff, and I'm just being honest--no different than anyone who will post this print tomorrow in the for sale/trade section.
But, maybe I'll see it in real life and it wont look so busy and muddy--as a few of you have already stated.
Now, on a more positive note, I love the way he did the horns and face, and the colors are awesome. The borders of course are beautiful with the way he does those patterns, and of course lets not forget his signature lettering. Its awesome.

I do not currently own any Horkey prints, and I've wanted a few for a while. If someone really, really wants this one, they can (plausibly) get it from me--especially if it gets me closer to one of his other prints that I really want! Isn't this how we all collect?
Ozzysworld
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:43 am

Also, I'd like to add that I do not purchase or flip anything I do not like. So, in essence I am always only a collector of art that I love. Stout?? Not. A. Fan. At. All. So, that being said I would never purchase a Stout drop just to flip. I do not buy anything with a sole intention to flip. I only buy art that I love, and if I end up flipping or trading, than its only in order to acquire more art that I love.

Now, I can only hope to god that someday Horkey does a Smaug print. That would be stupendous! In the meantime this IS my favorite of the LOTR set he's done so far.