Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring 14 Horkey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Halo97
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:36 pm

sargas wrote:without bots and cheats no way to get that, even if you dont fall in the f5 poster section fail. Mondotees.com you should add bots protection...
How exactly would a site recognize the difference between a bot and me refresh spamming? I've had the spam verification come up trying for an Obey print. I really don't think the problem is bots, its that 5,000 people tried for 1,000 prints.
jkw3000
EB Team

Tue Dec 16, 2014 4:49 pm

Halo97 wrote:
sargas wrote:without bots and cheats no way to get that, even if you dont fall in the f5 poster section fail. Mondotees.com you should add bots protection...
How exactly would a site recognize the difference between a bot and me refresh spamming? I've had the spam verification come up trying for an Obey print. I really don't think the problem is bots, its that 5,000 people tried for 1,000 prints.
Yeeeeeep. Sure there are bots, and sure they take up a chunk...but they're clearly not locking down the majority of the run, it's just a LOT more fans/flippers out there than prints.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
natemacd
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:09 pm

Cant wait to see this thing in person. i feel that this is a definite, "pictures just cant do it justice"
Dreadyhead4
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:17 pm

natemacd wrote:Cant wait to see this thing in person. i feel that this is a definite, "pictures just cant do it justice"
Such is the case with all Horkeys.
ImageTHCImage
natemacd
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:42 pm

Dreadyhead4 wrote:
natemacd wrote:Cant wait to see this thing in person. i feel that this is a definite, "pictures just cant do it justice"
Havent been lucky enough to see one up close
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:44 pm

Dreadyhead4 wrote:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:48 pm

Lots of Release Discussion talk here in the Art Comments thread...
whiskaz
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:50 pm

Yea people. Keep it in the Rele thread.

;)
egrimens
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:55 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
Halo97 wrote:
Yeeeeeep. Sure there are bots, and sure they take up a chunk...but they're clearly not locking down the majority of the run, it's just a LOT more fans/flippers out there than prints.
I beg to differ there were about 250-300 carted instantly many of which got released from carts, bots would be the only real reason why more than 100+ would drop out of locked in carts.

I managed to snag one that got released from a cart, so not bitter or anything,

I'm also curious at what point it holds it for you? I got to the payment page initially and lost it on submitting that, I thought once you got to that step is when you have it actually "carted" but I guess I was wrong. Just wondering what actually causes the posters to get held.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:29 pm

I hope this Horkey looks better in person... get a headache from the jpeg
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 10:25 pm

cardhawks wrote:I hope this Horkey looks better in person... get a headache from the jpeg
UrsusMorris wrote:
Dreadyhead4 wrote:
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
valotron
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:54 am

Any metals on this one?
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:31 am

Metallics?
ajharrington321
Art Expert

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:23 pm

I'm betting on yes
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:38 pm

egrimens wrote:
jkw3000 wrote:
Halo97 wrote:
I beg to differ there were about 250-300 carted instantly many of which got released from carts, bots would be the only real reason why more than 100+ would drop out of locked in carts.
Again, yes, bots are carting a bunch...but are you really doubting that at least 300 other people nationwide (let alone globally) weren't F5ing like mad and all hitting "add to cart" and starting checkout at the same time? Even if we're taking bots totally out of the equation, there's also the speed/luck of getting the site refresh at the same time as everyone else, instead of being maybe a fraction of a second or two off. I'll admit bots are a clear factor, I'm just saying their influence is starting to get overblown...

Anyway, to return to the art again...looking forward to the printing details. Hope the variant gets the same metallic ink love that TT got, that thing looked like it was dipped in bronze so hope there are some cool surprises to see from photos of the FOTR variant.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.