The Terminator 14 Gabz

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Count
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:54 pm

dskdaniel wrote:
kyler4444 wrote:
isunktheship wrote:
kyler4444 wrote:Arnold's name is killing this print for me. I wish they could have at least done the lettering differently or possibly portrayed the "Schwarzenegger" text as if it was on fire or something to blend it in a bit more. The large white border also doesn't do it for me but I guess they had to make room for Schwarzenegger's name. I think a full bleed would have looked better.
Could mat over it
Another good suggestion.
I'm going to add in "'Hasta La Vista, Baby' - T-800" to the bottom of mine.
Hang on. Is this a poster for the original Terminator, or the sequel, or both? That quote is definitely from T2.
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:05 pm

Count wrote:
dskdaniel wrote:
kyler4444 wrote:
isunktheship wrote: Could mat over it
Another good suggestion.
I'm going to add in "'Hasta La Vista, Baby' - T-800" to the bottom of mine.
Hang on. Is this a poster for the original Terminator, or the sequel, or both? That quote is definitely from T2.
Putting quotes from the sequel on the original's poster is en vogue these days.
malfeitor
Art Enthusiast

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:01 pm

HarpuaFSB wrote:I guess they couldn't get the rights to Arnold's likeness? He's there in shadow but there's something off-putting about his name being so prominent at the top and then having him basically be a no show in the print. Would work much better if that text wasn't there.

This. I wondered the exact same thing when I saw this.

Also, could do without two appearances from Mr. Biehn too. (And no Arnold? SMH)

I wonder if that means Arnold will be absent from the T2 poster as well.
isunktheship
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:18 pm

malfeitor wrote:
HarpuaFSB wrote:I guess they couldn't get the rights to Arnold's likeness? He's there in shadow but there's something off-putting about his name being so prominent at the top and then having him basically be a no show in the print. Would work much better if that text wasn't there.

This. I wondered the exact same thing when I saw this.

Also, could do without two appearances from Mr. Biehn too. (And no Arnold? SMH)

I wonder if that means Arnold will be absent from the T2 poster as well.
duh
Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
dskdaniel
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:28 pm

But there will be at least 3 Robert Patricks.
bubbie
Art Expert

Thu Dec 11, 2014 9:48 pm

dskdaniel wrote:But there will be at least 3 Robert Patricks.
Thank god for that!
No go otherwise.
spankman
Art Expert

Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:53 am

Grey Matter has been hitting them out of the park for the most part but this a big giant whiff. Arnold's name is bolder than the title, his likeness is replaced by a smudge and two kyle reeses (one of them holding the endos peen!). All in all this is a pretty disappointing effort.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
StaggerLee
Art Enthusiast

Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:20 pm

This is an excellent print, in my opinion. I wonder at the criticisms i see so often on these pages, in the forums. The criticisms from people who couldn't design/create a print if their existence depended on it. I dont need Arnold's likeness being more prominently featured to know this is a Terminator print/appreciate it. I think the variant color scheme is fantastic, really pops. Far as the gun being at crotch level, perhaps undernourished brains may make some metaphorical connection. I see a great print here. Not phallic fallacies, ha. I feel that Gabz' work is grossly underrated. To each his own. Kudos!
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Wow a lotta hating on this one. I like for the most part but sorry Gabz y'all are right about the name on top, other than that it's killer.
DeadHand
Art Expert

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:38 pm

spankman wrote: Arnold's name is bolder than the title.
I was sorta wondering about this since I noticed Richard's Total Recall pulled the same thing . Then I looked up the original posters on GIS

ImageImage

8)

E:beat'd
listerfeend wrote:
ONEYE wrote:In case you wonder, the size of Arnold’t name was a studio guideline too...
JC Richard said the same thing of his 'Total Recall' poster for Mondocon.
furycat
Art Connoisseur

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:33 pm

ONEYE wrote:From Gabz, "Hello,

I really want to say thank you, but that’s just nitpicking the way I see it.
In case you wonder, the size of Arnold’t name was a studio guideline too...

Have a nice day.
---
Regards,
Grzegorz Domaradzki / Gabz"

In response to my note, "I love your art, but the chip port on the Terminator’s head is on the wrong side.
Having Kyle holding a shotgun at crotch level? That’s like an invitation for penis jokes."
when i see this print i think " at last a terminator print taht show people" but somehow there something off about it .. well after reading this, now i just think about robot with a penis.....
#nohomo
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:47 pm

GiantBoyDective wrote:ya'll will never see a licensed print with arnold likeness.
What about Conan?

isunktheship
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:22 pm

Creation88 wrote:no top tier artists: no stout, no moss, no taylor, no horkey, no ansin
jjdungca
Art Expert

Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:30 pm

Personally I love this print and glad it was easy to pull a variant! Also, I am looking forward to the T2 that should be coming out in the next couple of months to hang with it.....and I welcome Arnold's name at the top of that one as well. :D
ImageImageImage
Daggermouth
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:50 am

I picked it up the variant & I know that fudge is going to look bad ass on my wall. Ultimately that's all that drymounting matters.