While You Sleep 14 Oliveira

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:08 pm

This topic is dedicated to: While You Sleep 14 Oliveira

bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:29 pm

I like it. Tim's pattern pieces have caught my eye for a bit now. Happy to make this my first Oliveira.
ImageT.K.C.
geebee
Art Connoisseur

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:22 pm

bryndavies wrote:I like it. Tim's pattern pieces have caught my eye for a bit now. Happy to make this my first Oliveira.
I've got quite a few of his pieces. Just a couple on my walls currently, but I have plans for the rest in my media room at some point. This color/pattern series is great IMO and this one keeps up the trend.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:23 pm

geebee wrote:
bryndavies wrote:I like it. Tim's pattern pieces have caught my eye for a bit now. Happy to make this my first Oliveira.
I've got quite a few of his pieces. Just a couple on my walls currently, but I have plans for the rest in my media room at some point. This color/pattern series is great IMO and this one keeps up the trend.

I need some of the other patterns now.
ImageT.K.C.
golobulus
Art Expert

Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:32 pm

What do you guys appreciate about this particular piece? I'm genuinely curious. Is it the particular colors, the combination? What is the core of the appeal?
bryndavies
Art Expert

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:12 pm

golobulus wrote:What do you guys appreciate about this particular piece? I'm genuinely curious. Is it the particular colors, the combination? What is the core of the appeal?

On a simple level, I generally like colors and shapes/lines, so that is what draws me in to these patterns initially. Then, and I can't quite describe it, but there is just something familiar about the piece, and I actually feel some sort of basic connection to it. Almost reminds me of a dream about seeing an old friend at the store or somethin, but you're not quite sure it's the person, so you look at them longer and harder, and you feel/remeber the memories you have of that person, but you're still not quite sure it's them, so all you do is stare, all while you sleep.
ImageT.K.C.
jazzmeat
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:29 pm

I like it. Simple with a great color palette plus if you've never bought form Tim before his print quality is top notch. Can't wait to see it in person.
123daz
Art Enthusiast

Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:57 am

golobulus wrote:What do you guys appreciate about this particular piece? I'm genuinely curious. Is it the particular colors, the combination? What is the core of the appeal?
Great question, golo. Me, I generally really dig Tim's use of color and the geometric aspects of this series. I like this and many of Tim's other pieces because he creates a good, fun feeling without trying to be whimsical, and he is able to play with otherwise very formal composition without being too formal or serious. I think it boils down to this: I like urban art, I like challenging political art, I like frous frous gallery art, and even can appreciate some of the gaudy works by the sidewalk masters at Venice Beach. But sometimes you gotta just appreciate art for art's sake, and be wowed by the pretty colors -- let the work make you happy. Many of Tim's portraits and abstract creations do this for me.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:21 am

123daz wrote:
Great question, golo. Me, I generally really dig Tim's use of color and the geometric aspects of this series. I like this and many of Tim's other pieces because he creates a good, fun feeling without trying to be whimsical, and he is able to play with otherwise very formal composition without being too formal or serious. I think it boils down to this: I like urban art, I like challenging political art, I like frous frous gallery art, and even can appreciate some of the gaudy works by the sidewalk masters at Venice Beach. But sometimes you gotta just appreciate art for art's sake, and be wowed by the pretty colors -- let the work make you happy. Many of Tim's portraits and abstract creations do this for me.
:clap: way better said.
ImageT.K.C.
golobulus
Art Expert

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:00 am

I can appreciate these comments :clap: Thanks for sharing your opinions. I'm used to seeing Oliveira's backgrounds usually with some sort of appealing model at the forefront. Regardless of subject, for me, the art has to be aesthetic and pleasing to my eye to make it to the wall. I can see how some combinations of colors can have that appeal.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:45 am

bryndavies wrote:

On a simple level, I generally like colors and shapes/lines, so that is what draws me in to these patterns initially. Then, and I can't quite describe it, but there is just something familiar about the piece, and I actually feel some sort of basic connection to it. Almost reminds me of a dream about seeing an old friend at the store or somethin, but you're not quite sure it's the person, so you look at them longer and harder, and you feel/remeber the memories you have of that person, but you're still not quite sure it's them, so all you do is stare, all while you sleep.
You may have been abducted by aliens as a child.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
ricv64
Art Expert

Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:04 am

You should try Kenneth Noland
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
automator
Nobody

Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:11 am

New image While You Sleep 14 Oliveira

bryndavies
Art Expert

Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:52 pm

this thing is just great. got a nicely packed tube from tim today and the colors and printing on this are just amazing. :clap: nicely done, tim. you've gained a new fan with this. :notworthy:
ImageT.K.C.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:02 pm

yeah, mine arrived yesterday. love it. nice work Tim. High quality printing, superb packing, and top notch customer service. :pint: :pint:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.