MangchiBoy 14 Choe

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:09 pm

This topic is dedicated to: MangchiBoy 14 Choe

CityandColour
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:10 pm

Just got a DM from DVDASA on Instagram stating I was chosen and expect to receive the toy in a couple weeks. Awesome way to start my Thanksgiving morning!
Top 2 ISO's:
Obey Peace Fingers 06 Fairey (Gold Edition)
Flaming Lips Chicago NYE 03-04 Fairey

Peep my trades: http://www.expressobeans.com/members/tr ... p?id=16154
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:08 pm

congrats :clap: so these were not for sale?
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
CityandColour
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:40 pm

There were 100 made and they were all given away. Here's David Choe original post about them from Instagram:

I handmade 100 of these #MaNGChiBoy toys , I glued and assembled each one together , There is only 100 and they are not for sale. What they are is FREE! To celebrate my band @mangchihammer new song "MANGCHI:hello song!" On vid.me and YouTube (You can see an animated mangchi boy kill with drum sticks in the video , he's the dude with striped shirt , drumset backpack and turntable head ) these are extremely limited , they are small and precious I put a lot of time and care into each one , they are not for sale the only way you can get one, is by making you're own mangchi boy art , toy, music video animations , clothes, costume, etc. make anything , using anyone and anything in the world of #mangchi help us spread the message of @mangchihammer and make sure to # tag it #mangchiBoy and #mangchi and the whole band will pick the winners, #mangchiBoy contest starts now and ends thanksgiving! I'm gonna go ahead and give one to @misterandersons for making the sickest giant #mangchihammer heads for our first 2 shows without anyone asking him to. Don't be afraid don't be scared , be bold be creative listen to the music feel it be inspired by the spirit of it and create something beautiful

http://instagram.com/p/vLnbCmvz2u/?modal=true
Top 2 ISO's:

sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:53 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: that's really awesome. i'd like to find one.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fnord
Art Expert

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:55 pm

Congrats!
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
lilorphanFunkhouser
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:08 pm

sidewaysscott wrote: i'd like to find one.
same here.
アキラImage
"Gkohler"-it only takes 1 idiot to throw that much cash at something for it to instantly be "worth" that much.
"Celsius"- Welcome to Expressobeans, bitch.
CityandColour
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 25, 2014 1:17 am

Just received mine a couple days ago, it's noted and reported that many winners received broken toys in the mail. These figures are incredibly delicate. Unfortunately, they were shipped loose in their plastic cases causes them to move around and sustain damage. Broken arms, broken cymbal stands, and head are what i've seen reported. Nothing some model can't fix though. I've uploaded pictures of the case to the profile.

Here's the Instagram post noting the damage:
http://instagram.com/p/w80llBQ059/?modal=true

mangchihammer wrote:

"All the winners of the #mangchiboy contest should be getting their prizes in the mail soon , sorry! lots of the toys are arriving broken, #CHOEY hand assembled all of these with #kragle Krazy glue from parts of hundreds of unloved discarded broken toys to begin with ! So sorry if you got a broken one we apologize , we are not professional toy makers or toy shippers all we are is the best band in the whole drymounting world we sort of suck at everything else , we will try harder in the future ! get some glue and fix it yourself in the meantime #artsandcrafts time! Btw costume design contest , #mangchi Album cover design contest , make your own stepdad video contest , remix video contest , song remix contest,make your own hammer sculpture contest , all coming soon !"
Top 2 ISO's:

automator
Nobody

Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:59 pm

New image MangchiBoy 14 Choe

automator
Nobody

Thu Dec 25, 2014 12:59 pm

New image MangchiBoy 14 Choe

automator
Nobody