Pulp Fiction 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:52 am

New image Pulp Fiction 14 Durieux - Variant

fredo
Art God

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:11 pm

This movie could not have gotten a better poster.
just a foil for me today, thanks
bombaguy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:37 pm

poopsicle wrote:Between this and the Welker, gonna (hopefully) be picking up 2 nice Pulp prints :D
I would love both as well but this blows Welkers out of the water. And Welkers is amazing. It is interesting to see what the final run on this will be.
shibbyaholic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:29 pm

bombaguy wrote:
poopsicle wrote:Between this and the Welker, gonna (hopefully) be picking up 2 nice Pulp prints :D
I would love both as well but this blows Welkers out of the water. And Welkers is amazing. It is interesting to see what the final run on this will be.
I could not disagree more. This poster has some appeal, but Welker's does a much better job moving your eyes around the poster telling the story. The lettering on this poster ruins it for me. Fiction looks like the lettering from a fallout video game packaging. I can't wait to get my hands on the Welker.
Image Image Image
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:35 pm

This is not the Stout you're looking for.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
blazin173
Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 27, 2014 11:40 pm

should be cheaper down the road when there 10,000 copies out there.
sephirot8
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:08 am

Codeblue wrote:This is not the Stout you're looking for.
Stout is overrated just like moss and horkey ( dont kill me guys )
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:15 am

Wonder who's likeness rights they couldn't get on this one. Gotta be Travolta, no?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
sephirot8
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:20 am

shibbyaholic wrote:
bombaguy wrote:
I could not disagree more. This poster has some appeal, but Welker's does a much better job moving your eyes around the poster telling the story. The lettering on this poster ruins it for me. Fiction looks like the lettering from a fallout video game packaging. I can't wait to get my hands on the Welker.
Welker's not bad but why is sl Jackson showed 2 times in the print?
Why we barely see jonh travolta? Why is Maria de medeiros so big in the poster? So like the other partner said, is this a stout style print? Why welker dont have is own personality? Sorry m8 but laurent's version is 1000 times above, but this is my opinion only, and gladly every taste is in nature.
ajmmck
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 am

There's some good ol' fashion trolling up in here today!
sephirot8
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:50 am

ajmmck wrote:There's some good ol' fashion trolling up in here today!
Yup exactly what i was thinking when read ur post!
tankpig
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:02 am

shibbyaholic wrote:
bombaguy wrote:
Where can I see this other pulp fiction print? Any pics guys?
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 8:35 am

sephirot8 wrote:
shibbyaholic wrote:
bombaguy wrote:
Welker's not bad but why is sl Jackson showed 2 times in the print?
Why we barely see jonh travolta? Why is Maria de medeiros so big in the poster? So like the other partner said, is this a stout style print? Why welker dont have is own personality? Sorry m8 but laurent's version is 1000 times above, but this is my opinion only, and gladly every taste is in nature.
The thinking behind the narrative in the Welker poster was that the Butch character was the actual driving force behind the plot and the center sequence depicts the fateful moments in the loss and recovery of his fathers watch. In essence the Travolta & Jackson characters are satellite characters in the film. His line work, composition and approach is nothing like Stout's or anyone else in the poster scene.
You can analyze, praise or pan that poster in it's own thread next week.
Back on topic I think that Laurent's poster is an interesting and ambitious depiction of the film, and the irony of the sunny, somewhat sterile scene, and whether or not it captures the essence of the film is hugely subjective and open to interpretation.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:35 am

I'll take the Welker over this one too.
SULACO
Art Enthusiast

Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:48 am

I supposed you talking about this:
You preffer this more than the Durieux one? seriously?
Last edited by SULACO on Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.