The Year Without a Santa Claus 14 Whalen

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody
Posts: 128683
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:00 am

Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:05 pm

This topic is dedicated to: The Year Without a Santa Claus 14 Whalen

Image
User avatar
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert
Posts: 1339
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:06 pm

Image
STD Edition

Image
VARIANT Edition
cdhague
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 469
Joined: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:47 am
Location: Texas

Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:56 am

Standard edition FTW.
User avatar
soleblazer
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 227
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:01 pm

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:02 pm

cdhague wrote:Standard edition FTW.
User avatar
Superfro33
Art Expert
Posts: 7085
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:50 pm
Location: Marion, IA

Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:14 pm

The reg definitely fits the source colors better, but I'm a sucker for that variant color scheme. Forever a slave to those Whalen teals and oranges. :P
User avatar
KNEEL13
EB Team
Posts: 7901
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:21 pm
Location: Chicago area

Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:29 pm

This is one of my favorite Christmas specials. Tom did an amazing job on this! I got the regular edition. :)


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGRkNaMFp6w
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11561
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Nov 13, 2014 2:33 pm

Great print

But have to believe the pricing came to roost on this one

Its easy to charge 80 when prints flip
otherwise it can leave you holding a stack
User avatar
jeffreyjonesbsme
Art Expert
Posts: 1167
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:08 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 3:19 pm

Flip worthy or not, I really like this print and it's going on my wall every December for the rest of my life.

+1 Standard
Most of what you read on the internet is not true....signed Abraham Lincoln
User avatar
DarkHallMansion
Art Expert
Posts: 1339
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:05 pm

jeffreyjonesbsme wrote:Flip worthy or not, I really like this print and it's going on my wall every December for the rest of my life.

+1 Standard
:clap:

DHM
http://www.DarkHallMansion.com
User avatar
woodierock54
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:57 am

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:35 pm

jeffreyjonesbsme wrote:Flip worthy or not, I really like this print and it's going on my wall every December for the rest of my life.

+1 Standard
Yup, completely agree. Will have a space on my wall for the holidays for a long time.
EdsonNascimento
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 39
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:51 am

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:40 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:Great print

But have to believe the pricing came to roost on this one

Its easy to charge 80 when prints flip
otherwise it can leave you holding a stack
Doubt it's a stack, and I'd rather artists get the $$$ instead of flippers. Think of the math - if they sell 50 variants at $80, it's $4,000. So, if they sell 40 at $100, they've accomplished the same thing and warded off the flippers, and people who really want them get them without having to give money to someone that hasn't earned it. For those that want to collect, hang, own, the $20 difference will not stop them. And without the instant sell out, they actually have time to purchase without going into shopping cart hell. If that's the cost of stopping the flippers, I'm more than happy to give it to the artist. Quite frankly, I was surprised the foils weren't more like $200-$250.
peternel
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 53
Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:25 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:55 pm

My Charlie Brown Christmas now has a wall buddy; bought and will frame it for the holidays
User avatar
whiskaz
Art Expert
Posts: 2108
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:57 pm

103 regs/13 vars left... not bad imo for this print (a seasonal, somewhat niche property) with a price tag that's a little higher than Mondo and others (but no different than other DHM releases).
User avatar
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak
Posts: 11561
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:41 pm
Location: Nirvana

Thu Nov 13, 2014 6:29 pm

EdsonNascimento wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:Great print

But have to believe the pricing came to roost on this one

Its easy to charge 80 when prints flip
otherwise it can leave you holding a stack
Doubt it's a stack, and I'd rather artists get the $$$ instead of flippers. Think of the math - if they sell 50 variants at $80, it's $4,000. So, if they sell 40 at $100, they've accomplished the same thing and warded off the flippers, and people who really want them get them without having to give money to someone that hasn't earned it. For those that want to collect, hang, own, the $20 difference will not stop them. And without the instant sell out, they actually have time to purchase without going into shopping cart hell. If that's the cost of stopping the flippers, I'm more than happy to give it to the artist. Quite frankly, I was surprised the foils weren't more like $200-$250.
It was wrong to bring finance discussion into the art thread- one last comment, very doubtful the artist is the direct recipient but thats not my point nor our business.

My apologies DHM

It wasn't meant to be a reflection of the quality
this hits my age bracket
TOTAL lover of t.v special to this day....it was more appreciated when it was shown once a year days of old.......

Marvelous work
User avatar
woodierock54
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 170
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:57 am

Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:20 am

Sorry if this is common knowledge or posted somewhere else I completely missed, but I've never purchased from DHM before, is there an expected shipping window? Was just wondering if I'll be able to frame & hang it for this Christmas.
Post Reply