Phish Las Vegas I 14 Millward

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:53 pm

Well put

The print is very cool in person. Colors look great, I only picked up one seeing as 150 bucks for all 3 wasn't in my budget for Vegas.

Had the prints looked more like the Chicago prints I may have been more inclined to have to have all 3.

Also, the lines sucked because they weren't enforcing the 1 per person rule like they should.
Common sense, is not that common
turnJBup
Art Freak

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:54 pm

Phish may be past their prime but no one else is coming close to playing like that so...
Maybe it's over.
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:56 pm

Thanks for the input Drew! Love your work :2thumb:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:58 pm

ErocAfellar wrote:Thanks for the input Drew! Love your work :2thumb:
Agreed!!
ImageT.K.C.
drewmillward
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:06 pm

Nice to hear they turned out well, I've not seen them in the flesh, so to speak. If anyone wanted to post a photo, that would be cool.
haven
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:09 pm

For the holiday and location I thought these were pretty much perfect.
Browntrout
EB Team

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:16 pm

drewmillward wrote:Nice to hear they turned out well, I've not seen them in the flesh, so to speak. If anyone wanted to post a photo, that would be cool.
Ton's of gold metallic ink.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:23 pm

Drew, are you allowed to solve an oft debated issue on this board; what does an official phish poster print offer the artist? Flat fee, a certain dollar amount per print breakdown? Sort of a crass question, but any insight would be interesting. Totally understand if you're not able nor willing to divulge. Just keep up there great work. Or, and more art prints please!!!
ImageT.K.C.
drewmillward
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 6:40 pm

I'd love to tell you, but I can't.
I will say that in terms of working with, both creatively and financially, they are about the best I have ever encountered. If they were a nightmare to work with, no amount of money would keep me coming back, but as it is, it's a great balance of both aspects.
A lot of bands don't care about posters/merch, so it's a refreshing change to find any band that care as much as Phish and their management do about that side of things.
drewmillward
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:01 pm

As for art prints, I've got about 13 ready to go, it's just finding the time to get them done, then fitting them into a release schedule, so as not to overwhelm people.... Or rather bankrupt me with printing costs.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:04 pm

drewmillward wrote:As for art prints, I've got about 13 ready to go, it's just finding the time to get them done, then fitting them into a release schedule, so as not to overwhelm people.... Or rather bankrupt me with printing costs.
Maybe start a subscription? I'm sure there's a number of people that would jump on board. That way you would get some of those printing costs up from with the subscription service dues. Regardless, happy to hear there are a bunch in store for the near future. Cheers.
ImageT.K.C.
drewmillward
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:09 pm

It had crossed my mind. We'll see. Subscriptions, the same as commissions, bring with them a lot of added pressure. I'm a worrier, so spend the whole time thinking I'm going to let someone down.
They'll all get out there eventually. May just aim for one a month in 2015.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:11 pm

drewmillward wrote:It had crossed my mind. We'll see. Subscriptions, the same as commissions, bring with them a lot of added pressure. I'm a worrier, so spend the whole time thinking I'm going to let someone down.
They'll all get out there eventually. May just aim for one a month in 2015.
It's all deadly. And that way people can just pick up the prints that they really want. Looking forward to seeing what's in store for 2015. Cheers.
ImageT.K.C.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:14 pm

drewmillward wrote:I'd love to tell you, but I can't.
I will say that in terms of working with, both creatively and financially, they are about the best I have ever encountered. If they were a nightmare to work with, no amount of money would keep me coming back, but as it is, it's a great balance of both aspects.
A lot of bands don't care about posters/merch, so it's a refreshing change to find any band that care as much as Phish and their management do about that side of things.
That's really good to hear.
EsthersDoll
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
drewmillward wrote:I'd love to tell you, but I can't.
That's really good to hear.
I agree!!

I would also like to extend my gratitude to Drew Millward for chiming in here! :)

(and I haven't seen these prints in person yet either, but they are all en route so to speak, and they look good online so I'm pretty sure they'll be beautiful once they reach my hands!)
Minds are like parachutes, they work best when open.