Lil Groot 14 Collier

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
rocker
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:46 am

I am groot
https://www.facebook.com/groups/posterbuddies/
Facebook group for chatting about prints
kyler4444
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:35 am

Here comes the peanut gallery
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
LeeKaye
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:38 am

actorinthisplay wrote:You all need to lighten up. It's a 4x6 drawing of a baby tree. Get over yourselves.

Anti-Hype!
kyler4444
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:37 am

RPT111 wrote:
dsanacore wrote:This is from the same person who had done those Mike Mitchell/JLU's fanpieces, yes?

Just my two cents but I thought that was in bad form. This is also, in my eyes, a direct imitation of Mike's style. Sure, you can say it's just the same (digital) medium but after seeing the "JLU's" that were made prior to this I don't think that argument holds any water. Stout has his Morkaut, I guess Mike has his own imitators now as well. I suppose it's just a part of the hobby but I generally don't like seeing this aspect of it. :?
All this guy does is direct imitations. Just look at the t shirts and stickers he puts out. Not one an original idea or style.
Haters gonna hate yo :hanging: :lame: :poo: :cussing: :quack:
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
cmatthews11
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:14 am

Congrats Derek on the quick sell out! And to everyone else, relax. Everything I've ever seen Derek do has been listed at cost and is a lot of fun for the community.

I'm sure the $375 they pulled in for this sale (minus costs/fees) is the equivalent of crab legs in the grocery store. More like a stick of gum.
soleblazer
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:37 am

Congrats and god bless. These little tribute pieces are cool..and yeah this is the opposite of a cash grab.

And pffft, those peanut people..some of us are OK :-P
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:02 am

This is the first thing I've seen him do...where was the other stuff released that you guys speak of? Also through HCG?
bmerwinsuwc
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:08 am

IWish wrote:This is the first thing I've seen him do...where was the other stuff released that you guys speak of? Also through HCG?
I don't know of any other official releases, but I know some folks, myself included, are familiar with him/his work via movie parody stickers and shirts he's made for the Poster Buddies and Traders group.
jkw3000
EB Team

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 am

That's the thing, there are ZERO official releases outside of this Lil' Groot. Everything else that's been designed/"knocked off" has just been for and about the PB&T facebook group - t-shirts, stickers, little giveaway prints.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
dweebofthedead
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:22 am

IWish wrote:This is the first thing I've seen him do...where was the other stuff released that you guys speak of? Also through HCG?
PB&T (Poster Buddies & Traders) Group on Facebook. He's one of the mods for the group. He's always designing stickers, shirts, and small prints that's related to the hobby. He's good peeps.
Sushigod7
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:42 am

bathroommonkey wrote:not harsh at all. this dude is ripping off at least two artists here.

you guys are blind and applaud. it's gross.

you realize that an actual artist, possibly writer (s), producer (s) and director created "lil Groot", right? Collier is just stealing their creative property. it's worse than walking into a grocery store and walking out without paying with crab legs. why do you movie nerds not understand this?

is your life not complete without a lil groot print?

if collier makes any profit he should ship it off the Gunn and he can spread the wealth.
:hanging:

Haha nice one peanut about 50% of the database on this site is unofficial can't find anything else to complain about huh? Also Google baby groot you'll see hundreds of artists who are inspired by the movie not by Michell's art. You think Mitchell created small fan art prints? :roll:
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:49 am

Everyone goes all OMG ISO over the Moss Rocket and Groot (which Moss made thousands of dollars in profit on), and get's butthurt about this? Come on people...I believe they call that a double standard
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:02 pm

Ah, I see. I looked for the other stuff mentioned and didn't see anything and I don't subscribe to HCG newsletter. Just curious.
Sushigod7
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:34 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Everyone goes all OMG ISO over the Moss Rocket and Groot (which Moss made thousands of dollars in profit on), and get's butthurt about this? Come on people...I believe they call that a double standard
Exactly
cargoflipper
Art Expert

Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:42 pm

Sushigod7 wrote:
jmagee87 wrote:Everyone goes all OMG ISO over the Moss Rocket and Groot (which Moss made thousands of dollars in profit on), and get's butthurt about this? Come on people...I believe they call that a double standard
Exactly
hellosir wrote:People truly bitch about everything these days