The Matrix 14 Eng

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
NickTierce
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:21 pm

Holy fudge. Okay, I need one of these.
Crash607
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:22 am

How do they look in person?
63schoeffling
Art Expert

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:00 am

Crash607 wrote:How do they look in person?
Variant looks way better than I was expecting.

I think the reg is my favorite though.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 am

63schoeffling wrote:

Any pics of the variant you can share? I was expecting the variant to be my favorite, just hoping the GID doesn't ruin the daylight experience on it...
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:28 am

Jaspar wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:

Any pics of the variant you can share? I was expecting the variant to be my favorite, just hoping the GID doesn't ruin the daylight experience on it...
You are going to be really disappointed then. The entire GID layer is visible. Braille
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:30 am

Jaspar wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:41 am

Yeah, think I've seen that pic. Was just hoping to see another pic where it didn't look as bad! Would be ironic if the 'showstopper' feature of the variant was a showstopper (or to put it in another non-nonsensical way, if it killed it, rather than killed it) :lol:
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:42 am

Nope that is exactly how it looks. It's a cool poster but that GID :?
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:53 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:Nope that is exactly how it looks. It's a cool poster but that GID :?
That's a shame. I'm sure you can generally make/get GID more transparent than that. Personally, I wish we'd had the option to abort the GID layer (and had the green on black variant instead :twisted: )
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:56 pm

Oof
maddoghoek100
Art Expert

Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:07 pm

you actually can not get GID on a dark print that does not have this effect, nature of the pigment. You maximize the glow effect against a light background. Against a white background you need substantially less GID ink to achieve the effect. You will almost always have ghosting of the glow layer in daylight against a dark background. because you need a fairly substantial layer of GID and it has different reflective properties. As GID builds up it starts to look white, while in thin layers it is clear.

Im sure it will still be cool in person, and remember as with all GID prints do not frame them with UV glass or they will not glow. The cheaper the glass the better.
Jaspar wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Nope that is exactly how it looks. It's a cool poster but that GID :?
That's a shame. I'm sure you can generally make/get GID more transparent than that. Personally, I wish we'd had the option to abort the GID layer (and had the green on black variant instead :twisted: )
oldgreg
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:48 pm

The GID layer is extremely visible on this print. I could tell how visible it was even in low lighting. It's still a bad ass design, and I bet it glows really well.
Crash607
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:57 pm

thanks for all the quick responses everyone. If someone finds time, can they please upload some detail shots?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:02 pm

oldgreg wrote:The GID layer is extremely visible on this print. I could tell how visible it was even in low lighting. It's still a bad ass design, and I bet it glows really well.
It glows very well. Charges almost instantly.
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
GiantBoyDective
Art Freak

Wed Oct 01, 2014 2:30 pm

thankfully its not as bad in person as it is on pics too. was kinda freaking out about that. under glass im sure it would be even better
Image #trollcru
danieldanger wrote:what you do aint hustlin. see, in MY hustle, i get to sell the whole run and each print only costs me like $6. y'alls is small potatoe street level fudge.