Das Boot 14 Taylor

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri May 30, 2014 11:00 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Das Boot 14 Taylor

sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 30, 2014 11:06 pm

nice.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Fri May 30, 2014 11:07 pm

The pics are mixed up. The Red is the regular.
Zer0T0lerance00
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 10:09 am

Not sure if I like the regular or the variant more. Who's got my photos of this print?
jcbudny
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 12:02 pm

Zer0T0lerance00 wrote:Not sure if I like the regular or the variant more. Who's got my photos of this print?
This may or may not help you in deciding
THC x 3
matt925
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 31, 2014 12:35 pm

I greatly prefer the variant. The red is way too...red.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 12:37 pm

Nice pic. Love this film!
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
DonPiano
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 12:38 pm

The variant is the way to go for this one. Which is odd as I find Ken's regs tend to be better.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
Blakamiss
Art Enthusiast

Sat May 31, 2014 4:52 pm

DonPiano wrote:The variant is the way to go for this one. Which is odd as I find Ken's regs tend to be better.
I can't decide which one I like better. The red reminds me of the scene where they finish off that cargo ship and has the red glow in the sky. Also goes with the red lights on in the inside of the sub. This is def my favorite piece from his show.
Nobody knows what's wrong with themselves and everybody else can see it right away.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 5:11 pm

Blakamiss wrote:
DonPiano wrote:The variant is the way to go for this one. Which is odd as I find Ken's regs tend to be better.
I can't decide which one I like better. The red reminds me of the scene where they finish off that cargo ship and has the red glow in the sky. Also goes with the red lights on in the inside of the sub. This is def my favorite piece from his show.
This is still one of my favorite movies but at just under 5 hours most people can't fathom 8) sitting through it.

The red color is the obvious color scheme for a sub during war time movie, in theory. I just keep getting a Hell Boy feel so will go with the variant.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
rubberneck
Art God

Sat May 31, 2014 5:15 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:
Blakamiss wrote:
This is still one of my favorite movies but at just under 5 hours most people can't fathom 8) sitting through it.

The red color is the obvious color scheme for a sub during war time movie, in theory. I just keep getting a Hell Boy feel so will go with the variant.
This.

Red invokes atmosphere of the film, gold is an alternative color way just to be a variant.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 5:24 pm

Red is the color of the lighting in the control room when a submarine is on patrol and searching. Very appropriate.
fourthstooge
Art Expert

Sat May 31, 2014 11:57 pm

Blakamiss wrote:
EXACTLY I've heard several people bitch about the red and that just tells me they haven't seen the movie.
I used to be a collector...now I'm a hoarder.
whiterabbit40
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:23 am

Heard of this movie for years but never actually seen it. Great print regardless! Nice work Mr. Taylor!!!
desch
Art Expert

Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:43 am

The best submarine movie ever made and arguably, the best war movie ever made. Powerful, gripping stuff. Wolfgang Petersen at his best.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller