Chicago Crown Fish

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:15 am

This topic is dedicated to: Chicago Crown Fish

mwittin
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:25 am

I am surprised at how low the demand is for this poster. It's one of the only ones (if not the only one) done by Phish's ticket artist, and it's unique compared to other Phish posters where the artists sometimes try a little too hard to be clever. Even at the arena there was no line for them, and I doubt they sold out at the show. It's very sleek and sharp. More design-centered than artistic, conceptual, or cutesy. The foil is cool. I like it.
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:26 pm

I agree. I think this kicks ass and the foil is a neat touch
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Fri Apr 03, 2009 4:49 pm

I've seen this print on ebay a couple times, and I've always been tempted to buy it and frame it with my matching mail order ticket. But I'm Running out of space on the walls.

I'm surprised the artist didn't create a couple other versions for the different states.
Common sense, is not that common
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:12 pm

attackonthebass wrote:I've seen this print on ebay a couple times, and I've always been tempted to buy it and frame it with my matching mail order ticket. But I'm Running out of space on the walls.

I'm surprised the artist didn't create a couple other versions for the different states.

it was also my last show, and I decided that phish no longer did "IT" for me. Maybe it was just a bad show, but I'm glad I got out when I did.
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:48 pm

attackonthebass wrote:
attackonthebass wrote:I've seen this print on ebay a couple times, and I've always been tempted to buy it and frame it with my matching mail order ticket. But I'm Running out of space on the walls.

it was also my last show, and I decided that phish no longer did "IT" for me. Maybe it was just a bad show, but I'm glad I got out when I did.

Yeah, the whole "post-hiatus" Phish were not that great, but I just saw them at Alpine and I must say it was the best I have seen them play in about 10 years. You should give them another chance. :D
attackonthebass
Art Expert

Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:15 am

T-Dub13 wrote:
attackonthebass wrote:

Yeah, the whole "post-hiatus" Phish were not that great, but I just saw them at Alpine and I must say it was the best I have seen them play in about 10 years. You should give them another chance. :D

I'm not a hater or 03 - 04 phish NOW, at the time it wasn't doing "IT" for me and I didn't want to be "that guy" who was like "it's nothing compared to 97 - 00" so I just started seeing a lot of other act's

Since 09' I've seen a ton of shows again. It's great that they are "BACK" IMO some of the shows have been better than when I 1st started in 97. I feel like I'm a KID again.

LOVIN every minute of it. Just got back from MSG and Worcescter for the New Year's run, they've been playing some really good stuff. This past fall tour -> New years was really fun to see / listen to, it's nice to see the boys having FUN again.

I'm still tempted to get this print, just cause it was the ONLY show I saw in 03' but I had a lot of bad experience's that night, so I'm not sure I want a print to remind me of that night.

It's a sweet print, that I've seen sell for cheap, but there are soooooo many prints I'm, ISO.

"
automator
Nobody

Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:23 pm

New image Phish Crown Fish Rosemont 03 Sharp

automator
Nobody

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:25 pm

New image Phish Crown Fish Rosemont 03 Sharp
Looks like both foil "20" & the crown flaked off.

stuckeyc
Art Expert

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:45 pm

This was the most hated phish poster by alot of folks for a LONG time. I still dig it
Davino1
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:00 pm

automator wrote:New image Phish Crown Fish Rosemont 03 Sharp

looks great!