And Shepherds We Shall Be 14 Matthews

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed May 14, 2014 12:02 pm

This topic is dedicated to: And Shepherds We Shall Be 14 Matthews

automator
Nobody

Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

New image And Shepherds We Shall Be 14 Matthews - Variant

Skrilly
Art Expert

Wed May 14, 2014 8:10 pm

The price tag on the variant is ridiculous.
JonEwaD
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 am

Skrilly wrote:The price tag on the variant is ridiculous.
Agreed. Reg should be $50 & Var should be $75.
furycat
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:32 pm

any news about this print?
i placed order on 15 may. hvnt heard anything from them since
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:42 pm

june 24th... they started printing.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:10 pm

amateurs...
The Printing has taken FOREVER!!!

We're working with a great print shop in downtown Los Angeles - Family Industries - to do the actual screen printing for the series. These guys have a huge shop (a big wear house space) and they do a ton of work for major brands and Hollywood studios, etc. The owners, Max and Alex have been amazing to work with and we've really come to like them as colleagues and as creatives in their own right.

HOWEVER, and it's a big however, poster printing is the smallest part of their business. They do it and they have lots of great samples from previous projects to demonstrate their ability but it's not their day in, day out business. That said, it's hardly anyones. Screen Printing posters is a highly specialized art form in and of itself and Family Industries is actually one of the very few shops in all of Los Angeles that does it.

As an aside, if you're not familiar with the screen printing process - it's quite different from traditional offset printing which runs, automated, on a mechanical press. For screen prints - each color in the design is separated out and burned onto a large screen. The area of the screen that is not burned allows ink to be pushed through it onto the paper. Each print is than done by hand by registering the paper and than pushing the ink through the screen with a, sort of, large squeegee. When that color has been printed the paper is set aside to dry for 24 hours. Than the next color is applied in the same way. That means that for the regular 4-color edition of the print it's a minimum of a four day process. The 9 color alternate edition will take a minimum of 9 days to print in the same fashion. Additionally, since each step is completed by hand, if a screen doesn't burn properly you have to start over and burn a new one and to complicate matters even further, factors like the amount of humidity in the air can also delay the process.

We've hit snag after snag and delay after delay as we've gone into the initial printing. We've lost several days to humidity or other complications that have delayed the printing for at least 24 hours at a time. We had a bad batch of ink that had to be re-ordered and other issues that have added more delays to the process...

We are not happy (AT ALL) with the speed at which this process has moved. We know for damn sure that you are not and we promise we are moving as quickly as possible to both get the printing completed and ship your orders AND to make sure that the prints are of the absolutely highest quality, that they are worth every penny that you spent on them and most importantly, that they meet and exceed your expectations such that you love the fact that you ordered from us.

So looooong story short, here's where we're at:

Regular Edition Colors 1-3 came out perfect.

After many delays (of the types listed above), we finally laid down the fourth and last color for the regular edition print last Friday. HOORAY! Than F#@K! S#!T HELL!!!! The registration of the final screen was off! It looked great at a glance but when you get close up you can see small white hairlines between the colors - little, unacceptable gaps between color #3 and #4. That means the entire run is bad and has to be redone from scratch.

We've got two options and we're pursuing them both. Our friends at Family Industries are reprinting from scratch this week. They are taking this as a point of pride to get this right. They know we and all of you are counting on them to get it right. They have promised us that they will have them printed to our satisfaction by the end of this coming week - 7/18. From there Troy and the artist will sign and number and, assuming that goes to plan, the regular edition will be in the mail on it's way to you early the following week. Way, way, way later than we had expected but on it's way at last.

Option #2 is we find and work with another printer for at least the rest of the series. We hope we don't need to do this as we would really like to forge an ongoing creative relationship with our printer and we hope the folks at Family Industries will be that printer - however, we are not willing to suffer (or for you to suffer) these types of delays for the rest of the series. It just does't work. So we are talking to a couple other shops - the downside is that the few that specialize in posters are all outside California which adds another variable in shipping from them to us and than from us to you. It's not our favorite idea but we will do whatever it takes to eliminate these issues for the rest of the series.

You all deserve gold stars and 21 gun salutes for your patience. If you're waiting for the regular edition, that long wait looks to be close to over. If you're a Variant edition purchaser, your road is a little longer and lonelier but we promise it will be as short as possible - one way or the other.

1000 apologies (for starters) for the hassle and for the delays. We've been chatting with some of you via email about all of this and we felt it was time to let everyone know what's going on. If you have any further questions, comments or concerns, please do email us at BrilliantWork@M2Action.com

We will be throwing in a couple surprise goodies, free of charge to help ease your pain when each of these editions finally does ship. It doesn't make up for it but we hope it helps.

The bad news is: This is taking waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy to long!

The good news is: We will get it right and having seen the prints almost done we can definitely say that they will look even better than we hoped - darn fantastic!

They are still coming. Thank you so much for your interest, your orders, your faith and your patronage. We really appreciate it.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
xangelx
Art Expert

Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:47 pm

Delayed due to humidity. Hadn't heard that one before.
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:51 pm

Now shipping

1xRun Referral
furycat
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:23 am

mine come beaten due to the bad just bad packing. its amazing that they sent it with a cartoon box. yes its a Rectangular box and without padding.
emailed them regarding this