Serial No. 2716057 14 PEZ

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Post Reply
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

Kramerica wrote:
gonzo303 wrote:
halftonegraphics wrote:^ congrats on the wood. ;)
Thanks! Other than Good/Evil this was the one that spoke Futurama to me the most!!
I have to agree, that was one of the best episodes. The wooden was definitely the best hpm.
Agreed. Gonzo got to it before I could :notworthy:

I also got a shipping notice for the regular already which is awesome.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
User avatar
acidburn
Art Daddy
Posts: 9538
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:06 pm

Tue May 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Funny how I thought zinc would be more popular then maroon.

Not many more maroons left. Zinc isn't far behind.
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Tue May 20, 2014 10:32 pm

FinalKickstand wrote:Haha knew these were coming.
1. I didn't put a price on it or message 50 people looking to buy like like the 50 I got for Lora Zombie's Stay Puft print the opening nite in CA. I messaged one person who clearly is a huge fan.
2. There were 3 I really wanted. Never would've considered getting rid of. Didn't get one of em. One left available. I would've kicked myself for months not buying it.
3. There isn't a print on the top of my favorite list that I didn't pay more than original cost. Drops are nearly impossible. It's the cost of obtaining something you really want that has a high demand.
4. I'm not looking to insta-flip. I could keep this forever and be happy. I'm more interested in using it as trade or PB.
5. If it weren't me it would've been someone else.
6. The complainers are always gonna complain. I didn't get a Englert Star Wars on drop but I didn't cry about it when there were 20 on eBay.

Summary. I love it. I'd love to keep it but if someone wants to hook me up for a future show, offer me an obscene amount of cash or a trade for my ISO then it can be theirs.
TL DR, no one cares noob, it was funny and ironic.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Tue May 20, 2014 11:03 pm

acidburn wrote:Funny how I thought zinc would be more popular then maroon.

Not many more maroons left. Zinc isn't far behind.
zinc is the better one by far. i would assume the maroon is selling faster due to those trying to match background colors with the previous releases.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
FinalKickstand
Art Expert
Posts: 1409
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:25 pm
Location: NEPA

Tue May 20, 2014 11:45 pm

Experts were all born experts.
ISO an avatar
wenjamin
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:53 am

Wed May 21, 2014 1:58 am

i wanted zinc originally... but opted for maroon last minute because i felt it has better contrast and makes the subject stand out more...

without being able to see the prints in person, i worry the grey on grey could look a little blah on the wall...
User avatar
ChrisV
Art Expert
Posts: 3926
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:36 am
Location: MA

Wed May 21, 2014 8:57 am

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is the zinc metallic at all? Or are they both metallic? Bender seems like a good choices for some shiny metals.
User avatar
chavo
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 266
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 11:47 am

Wed May 21, 2014 7:27 pm

wenjamin wrote:i wanted zinc originally... but opted for maroon last minute because i felt it has better contrast and makes the subject stand out more...

without being able to see the prints in person, i worry the grey on grey could look a little blah on the wall...
I was the same way. It took me a while to decide but i chose maroon because of the color of the smoke. My HPM picks were snatched up quickly and congrats to those that got what they wanted to keep :pint:
I would argue that but I am a lazy, lazy man.- Maden
User avatar
Jamilton
Art Expert
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:09 pm
Location: Austin, Texas

Wed May 21, 2014 7:35 pm

chavo wrote:
wenjamin wrote:i wanted zinc originally... but opted for maroon last minute because i felt it has better contrast and makes the subject stand out more...

without being able to see the prints in person, i worry the grey on grey could look a little blah on the wall...
I was the same way. It took me a while to decide but i chose maroon because of the color of the smoke. My HPM picks were snatched up quickly and congrats to those that got what they wanted to keep :pint:
I actually went the other way because of the smoke. I did like the maroon because I think the image pops more against it, but I preferred the white smoke, so I went with the zinc. Plus my wife liked the zinc more...so that pretty much made the decision.
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Thu May 22, 2014 5:09 pm

Ahhh the bird always has the final word haha both are cool but I chose maroon because I like contrast.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
zappa103
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 10:48 pm

I bought the zinc and minutes later regretted not buying the maroon. Now I'm trying to convince myself I wanted the Zinc.... I was after Baby Bender, was in the cart, but not quick enough (also I have my first actual baby due June 23rd and am probably shouldn't be spending $160 on a print.) I bought this, Sentinel, Ghost Rider, and Weapon X from the Mondo Mike Mitchell show in the past few weeks....really gotta back off here soon, or sell something
User avatar
lsmith55
Art Expert
Posts: 5560
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Thu May 22, 2014 11:37 pm

zappa103 wrote:really gotta back off here soon, or sell something
Famous last words. I've heard this story a few times. It's an addiction.
Image Don't try it, you drymount.
zappa103
Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:39 pm

Fri May 23, 2014 8:55 am

lsmith55 wrote:
zappa103 wrote:really gotta back off here soon, or sell something
Famous last words. I've heard this story a few times. It's an addiction.
I'm so excited. .. I'm so excited. . I'm...... so .......scared. .......

But I seriously am running out of wall space. What do you guys that have massive collections do with them all? Just store them for the coming winter?
User avatar
soupysound
EB Trainee
Posts: 3665
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Fri May 23, 2014 9:06 am

zappa103 wrote:But I seriously am running out of wall space. What do you guys that have massive collections do with them all? Just store them for the coming winter?
keep them under the bed and pull them out for late night (or early morning) peen rubs
Image
User avatar
taylorph
Art Expert
Posts: 1694
Joined: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:32 pm
Location: Rancho Cucamonga

Mon May 26, 2014 1:27 pm

soupysound wrote:
zappa103 wrote:But I seriously am running out of wall space. What do you guys that have massive collections do with them all? Just store them for the coming winter?
keep them under the bed and pull them out for late night (or early morning) peen rubs
This^

Also, the ceiling is like a 5th wall in every room and that square footage needs to be exploited as well.
I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...
Post Reply