Journey To The Center Of The Earth 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:59 am

Incentives in an open edition have never determined whether I enter. The odds of winning are so small I never even consider it happening.
listerfeend
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:28 pm

bulkhead72 wrote:An open edition is a good way for a new venture to start off. It allows folks to get familiar with the site and gets the name out there.
I'm also kind of impressed how the site did for the variant drop as well. I don't know how many people were going for it, but the site was smooth, and I didn't hear of any oversells.
automator
Nobody

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:39 pm

New image Journey To The Center Of The Earth 14 Durieux - Variant Detail

golobulus
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:45 pm

I love the image and am +1 on the timed edition. It's funny to me reading about the timed-release being considered an open-edition. I have purchased 4 or 5 timed editions in the past and they have all been numbered and limited, just not limited to such a small edition size.

I've purchased a few open editions, and they are not numbered because the edition size is perpetually growing. Am I missing something about this release?
KNEEL13
EB Team

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:53 pm

golobulus wrote:I love the image and am +1 on the timed edition. It's funny to me reading about the timed-release being considered an open-edition. I have purchased 4 or 5 timed editions in the past and they have all been numbered and limited, just not limited to such a small edition size.

I've purchased a few open editions, and they are not numbered because the edition size is perpetually growing. Am I missing something about this release?
It's technically a timed edition. I am not sure why they are calling an open edition. Whatever sells in 72 hours is the edition size.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:57 pm

KNEEL13 wrote:
golobulus wrote:I love the image and am +1 on the timed edition. It's funny to me reading about the timed-release being considered an open-edition. I have purchased 4 or 5 timed editions in the past and they have all been numbered and limited, just not limited to such a small edition size.

It's technically a timed edition. I am not sure why they are calling an open edition. Whatever sells in 72 hours is the edition size.
Damn Europeans don't know what they are talkin bout...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:27 pm

Anyone else surprised that no eBay sales have happened yet on the variant edition?
wneff
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:29 pm

Since I didn't buy a variant, I am fairly certain it will have some sick GID inks or something :lol:
dolamite24 wrote:Anyone else surprised that no eBay sales have happened yet on the variant edition?
flippers probably waiting until the timed edition closes...
Last edited by wneff on Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:30 pm

dolamite24 wrote:Anyone else surprised that no eBay sales have happened yet on the variant edition?
not really
wneff
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:32 pm

Buy-in cost (with intl shipping ) was pretty high for getting any sort of profit from a quick flip of this.
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:38 pm

I agree with all stated above I'm just surprised there were only a handful listed right out of the starting gate and no jabroni willing to overpay right out of said starting gate. People posted weak prints right away all the time that get scooped up by the aforementioned jabroni.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:40 pm

dolamite24 wrote:I agree with all stated above I'm just surprised there were only a handful listed right out of the starting gate and no jabroni willing to overpay right out of said starting gate. People posted weak prints right away all the time that get scooped up by the aforementioned jabroni.
The people's champ has spoken. I smell what you're cooking breh :pint:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:44 pm

Chances are if you know about this, you probably know there is a regular edition that you can pick up for cost at the moment. Regardless of the quality of the pieces, Durieux's non-Mondo work has yet to flip for crazy (Jaws/King Kong) like levels.

I'm actually surprised that there are not more regular editions currently on Ebay.
That's what she said
UrsusMorris
Art Expert

Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:40 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
dolamite24 wrote:I agree with all stated above I'm just surprised there were only a handful listed right out of the starting gate and no jabroni willing to overpay right out of said starting gate. People posted weak prints right away all the time that get scooped up by the aforementioned jabroni.
The people's champ has spoken. I smell what you're cooking breh :pint:

Roody poo. Yes.
mattkardish wrote:the polar bear would take the great white to the corner of jabroni drive and know your role boulevard and rock bottom his ass onto that stop sign and finish him off with the people's elbow. clearly y'all can't smell what the polar bear is cookin.
AaronBKoontz
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:44 pm

On the fence here if I should pull the trigger. Big LD fan but mostly collect movie prints.

What do you think the final run size will be for this? Even with 3 full days it could still stay under 600 wouldn't you think?
I hate to sound condescending... which means to talk down to you by the way.