Journey To The Center Of The Earth 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
mmdr16
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:15 pm

Laurent’s signature is hard to come by in the US. I’m happy to pay a little extra in shipping if the prints are signed. I think some of you will be kicking yourselves a few years from now for not springing an extra $15-20 for shipping. IMO there are not many people (if any) producing better quality screen prints than team Durieux right now.
“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” --Abraham Lincoln
amb6883
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:30 pm

mmdr16 wrote:Laurent’s signature is hard to come by in the US. I’m happy to pay a little extra in shipping if the prints are signed. I think some of you will be kicking yourselves a few years from now for not springing an extra $15-20 for shipping. IMO there are not many people (if any) producing better quality screen prints than team Durieux right now.
It's print for a book, I'm just shocked anyone would pay $110 for it, sig or no sig. Maybe there are people that really need a Jules Verne print though.
Count
Art Expert

Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:34 pm

mmdr16 wrote:Laurent’s signature is hard to come by in the US. I’m happy to pay a little extra in shipping if the prints are signed. I think some of you will be kicking yourselves a few years from now for not springing an extra $15-20 for shipping. IMO there are not many people (if any) producing better quality screen prints than team Durieux right now.
Laurent's signature is indeed a beauty, but can't quite say it is rare after his Mondo show where almost all the prints were signed.
mmdr16
Art Enthusiast

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:45 pm

amb6883 wrote:It's print for a book, I'm just shocked anyone would pay $110 for it, sig or no sig. Maybe there are people that really need a Jules Verne print though.
really shocked? Have you seen how much it takes to buy Durieux Peter Pan and OZ prints now? Hint...it takes more than $110. And a majority of those are unsigned :P
Count wrote:Laurent's signature is indeed a beauty, but can't quite say it is rare after his Mondo show where almost all the prints were signed.
His signature is still rare on any prints previous to his Mondo show. And I'm guessing it will be rare on future prints that originate from US based galleries.
“You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.” --Abraham Lincoln
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:58 pm

Have to admit, he has done a decent number of book prints. These two with either the reg or var would make a nice trio:

ImageImage
TSgtJedi
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:22 am

aivc wrote:
golobulus wrote:What's up with the shipping from Belgium? That's just cray cray.
Yeah, Nautilus and Laurent are simply going by the Bpost prices. With tubes and packing materials, I can guarantee you they are not making any money on shipping, they are barely breaking even at those prices.

That's why I plan on picking mine up in person. Screw you Austin :lol:
I am hoping they allow combine shipping, me and bud who live in the same city may order it, and have it delivered to one address, but that is still if they can combine shipping, and also if I can get over the fact of that huge wall of Crystal sucking up the whole scene. If it was just cut down in size and more depth to the print would be created with additional imagery.
Last edited by TSgtJedi on Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:37 am

Journey is 12" taller but what about this Jules Verne pairing.

Image Image
TSgtJedi
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:38 am

Doesn't match
bulkhead72
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:39 am

They match thematically, though. :P
thriftypix
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:59 am

I was sent an email about shipping on this poster by Jack Durieux himself. This is what he said:

The shipping/handling fee for a tube below 1 kg (1 poster) + additional track&trace option is 21,20 Euros.

This comes to $29.29 for the shipping, so $91.29 TOTAL, folks. Not $110.
Lockersocks
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:41 am

Agreed...I'm really digging the three prints that I got from the Mondo show and This run might be a little harder to come across in the States. Seems that he only has a handful of prints that depreciate or flatline, probably cost 150-200 bucks in a year or two..If you like it and have the cash might as well grab it.

Side note: I agree with the other guy who doesn't like the size of the crystals in the background.....Also think that LD could have killed the crystals but I might change my mind when I see this in person. Could you guys imagine if Durieux did a series of DC comic (Batman, Superman, The Flash ect.) via 1930's-1940's with his vintage style!!!! Just thought about The Fortress of Solitude when I seen the crystals!
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:50 am

$30 shipping?
Just another day in the office. My last shipping bill from the US was $60 with customs on top.
Lockersocks
Art Connoisseur

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:07 am

jpfondu wrote:$30 shipping?
Just another day in the office. My last shipping bill from the US was $60 with customs on top.
Ouch, Hopefully you got something that you really liked. Honestly I'm debating picking up prints from two other artist (Krause, Millward) that reside in Europe but I keep getting put off by the price.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:24 am

Pm me man. Always happy to ship over to the US. I can combine all the prints for you.
wneff
Art Expert

Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:53 am

Can't say I am all that crazy about the crystal mountains either, although I believe their existence in the image is consistent with JV's novel. But if the crystals were printed with metallic inks...