True Detective Set 14 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Shayanzadeh
Art Enthusiast

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:32 pm

That's true, probably didn't adjust the white balance properly, colours are tricky to reproduce accurately digitally :(
Just wondering, would you have preferred if it was white and why?
KevboNice
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:45 pm

Shayanzadeh wrote:That's true, probably didn't adjust the white balance properly, colours are tricky to reproduce accurately digitally :(
Doesn't have to be white but the way it was represented online, and I understand that variance that can occur from something digital to printed, seems to be different than what was delivered. I guess I was expecting the paper to match what was used on the Heroes/Villains blinds. I work with color on a daily basis at my job so maybe i am being too critical. :roll:
.i open at the close.

http://isofund.bigcartel.com/
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:28 pm

KevboNice wrote:
Shayanzadeh wrote:That's true, probably didn't adjust the white balance properly, colours are tricky to reproduce accurately digitally :(
Doesn't have to be white but the way it was represented online, and I understand that variance that can occur from something digital to printed, seems to be different than what was delivered. I guess I was expecting the paper to match what was used on the Heroes/Villains blinds. I work with color on a daily basis at my job so maybe i am being too critical. :roll:
If you want to dump them let me know! :drool:
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:49 pm

KevboNice wrote:is it just my set or is the paper insanely pink...? :cry:
I agree, a little more pink that I was led to believe, in fact, did not realize it was that pink at all. Still a cool set though! And every time there's a new post here I expect to see the spaghetti man!
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
soma
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 29, 2014 12:48 am

just wanted to put this here in case it was missed:
Olly wrote:It's all the same paper stock, but the BG colour has changed slightly. TD and GoT are the same. It's got slightly more red in it. Tee characters are a lot darker and I thought it fit the sets better.
Static Medium Print & Photo - reproducing your favorite art since 2006.
rayg216
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 12:46 pm

These are the first Olly prints I ordered. When I first placed my order I did so for 2 single editions by mistake. So I placed a 2nd order the next day for the set. I was under the impression the set was a 5x10 but is actually (2) 5x5's which is fine. I received a set a couple weeks ago. The 2nd set is still yet to arrive. So my question is was there a limit to how many sets could be ordered per household? I assume not since this was a timed edition but not all time editions are that way. I'm hoping that my 2nd shipment is being held up due to the bonus print and not because it was a double order. Can someone tell me if there were limits on orders per household?

Also are regular orders without the bonus still being shipped? Did anyone get there's this week?
jpfondu
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 12:52 pm

I don't think there was a limit. The GOT 5's weren't anyway so you may be in for a bonus.
Shayanzadeh
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 01, 2014 12:54 pm

rayg216 wrote:These are the first Olly prints I ordered. When I first placed my order I did so for 2 single editions by mistake. So I placed a 2nd order the next day for the set. I was under the impression the set was a 5x10 but is actually (2) 5x5's which is fine. I received a set a couple weeks ago. The 2nd set is still yet to arrive. So my question is was there a limit to how many sets could be ordered per household? I assume not since this was a timed edition but not all time editions are that way. I'm hoping that my 2nd shipment is being held up due to the bonus print and not because it was a double order. Can someone tell me if there were limits on orders per household?

Also are regular orders without the bonus still being shipped? Did anyone get there's this week?
I'm assuming the ones that arrived are the two single editions?
I doubt you would have been charged if there was a limit on orders per household, so you're probably getting the bonus giclee (jellyyyyy).
choke
Art Expert

Thu May 01, 2014 1:04 pm

rayg216 wrote:These are the first Olly prints I ordered. When I first placed my order I did so for 2 single editions by mistake. So I placed a 2nd order the next day for the set. I was under the impression the set was a 5x10 but is actually (2) 5x5's which is fine. I received a set a couple weeks ago. The 2nd set is still yet to arrive. So my question is was there a limit to how many sets could be ordered per household? I assume not since this was a timed edition but not all time editions are that way. I'm hoping that my 2nd shipment is being held up due to the bonus print and not because it was a double order. Can someone tell me if there were limits on orders per household?

I ordered several sets, all separate to try to increase my chance at the bonus.

They all shipped separately, so there was definitely no limit (and without a bonus)

So I think the above is likely. You've received either your 2 single orders, or the set, and your 2nd set has probably yet to be shipped (and maybe with the bonus?)
Symposium
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 pm

rayg216 wrote:These are the first Olly prints I ordered.
rayg216 wrote:I'm hoping that my 2nd shipment is being held up due to the bonus print

:cussing:

:lol: :wink:
rayg216
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 02, 2014 2:27 pm

Thanks for all the responses. I'm feeling good about my chances of getting a bonus. :D
"But that's the great thing about art. Everyone can have their own opinion about why it sucks" - Homer Simpson
soupysound
EB Team

Fri May 02, 2014 2:30 pm

PaintByNumbers wrote:
KevboNice wrote:is it just my set or is the paper insanely pink...? :cry:
I agree, a little more pink that I was led to believe, in fact, did not realize it was that pink at all. Still a cool set though! And every time there's a new post here I expect to see the spaghetti man!
when i first got mine i had to double check that there weren't different paper editions. however, i did notice when i photographed them w/ my phone the image looked much whiter.
jpfondu
Art Expert

Mon May 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I like the pink. Not sure what that says about me but I like 'em.
reeft
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 05, 2014 5:52 pm

So you guys already got yours or what?
KevboNice
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 06, 2014 11:56 am

I dont think the pink tone would have bothered me as much if i didnt already have some of the previous 5x5s (pokemon, heroes, BB walts) but when i put them with the others they stood out significantly. dont get me wrong i still really enjoy them and plan on keeping them but... :neutral:

Still looking forward to the GoT though!
.i open at the close.

http://isofund.bigcartel.com/