The Jungle Book 14 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:15 pm

Bikejoh wrote:Alright, call me crazy, but a guy at Flatstock showed me an interesting idea for a framing alternative that i think Holt's would work really well with. Only thing is that the print would have no protection from any elements.

http://www.wearewellmade.com/shop/stiicks
That is a terrible idea if you want to preserve your print at all. Also, $50 for two strips of wood is outrageous.
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:19 pm

BetterCallSaul wrote:
Bikejoh wrote:Alright, call me crazy, but a guy at Flatstock showed me an interesting idea for a framing alternative that i think Holt's would work really well with. Only thing is that the print would have no protection from any elements.

http://www.wearewellmade.com/shop/stiicks
That is a terrible idea if you want to preserve your print at all. Also, $50 for two strips of wood is outrageous.
I hear you.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:25 am

Moss Jungle Book vs Holt Jungle Book is a tough call. Normally, I drift towards the illustrators (like Holt) and not as much towards the 'cool concept graphic design guys' (like Olly).

This is a rare instance of me preferring Olly's graphic design approach to Brandon's illustrator style. Brandon's piece is technically stunning. The linework is amazing and it looks sharp in person. My problem is that it lacks heart. I don't see any passion when I look at it and I don't see Disney's The Jungle Book. Olly's piece embodies the Disney film and while his witty approach doesn't always work for me, I think it's spot on here.

I love that both pieces were in the show. There's so many ways one can tackle a property and it's cool to see both approaches.
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:29 pm

RottenAtom wrote:Moss Jungle Book vs Holt Jungle Book is a tough call. Normally, I drift towards the illustrators (like Holt) and not as much towards the 'cool concept graphic design guys' (like Olly).

This is a rare instance of me preferring Olly's graphic design approach to Brandon's illustrator style. Brandon's piece is technically stunning. The linework is amazing and it looks sharp in person. My problem is that it lacks heart. I don't see any passion when I look at it and I don't see Disney's The Jungle Book. Olly's piece embodies the Disney film and while his witty approach doesn't always work for me, I think it's spot on here.

I love that both pieces were in the show. There's so many ways one can tackle a property and it's cool to see both approaches.
well said. and I agree.
Thor
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:14 am

jimbobiii wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:Moss Jungle Book vs Holt Jungle Book is a tough call. Normally, I drift towards the illustrators (like Holt) and not as much towards the 'cool concept graphic design guys' (like Olly).

well said. and I agree.
very nicely put, i agree as well. I got my Moss Jungle book in this past week and its stunning, the color and detail are perfect. From the lettering to the design it has an old school disney feel to it which makes it really nice.
Image Image Image Image
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:21 am

I think Olly knocked this one out of the park. Beautiful. Just wish it wasn't going for do much so I could get one :)
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:06 pm

I absolutely love this poster. Picked it up secondhand, had it for one day, then took it to the framer. I really love it.
I Heart Haddonfield.
Thor
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:12 pm

Post some pictures when you get it back.
Image Image Image Image
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:13 pm

For sure!
I Heart Haddonfield.
DuoSonic
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Yeah, I'm looking forward to see some frame-ups of this one.
Thor
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Me to, i can not wait to see it framed i have been trying to come up with some good framing ideas. My wife saw it and she it not a big Mondo fan and even she was like :shock: that is amazing.
Image Image Image Image
DidYouSeeMeEscaping
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:44 pm

Picked up a few pieces from framing devil earlier this week and took in both Holt's Jungle Book and this one, we both decided he could come up with a more interesting frame for this one, now the waiting game begins
Wockenfuss
Art Expert

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 pm

All of my framed pieces have a black frame, so my wife insisted on sticking with it. I fought for wood, but was denied. :lol:

But I love the triple mat that the three of us picked out. I'm very excited to see it.
I Heart Haddonfield.
Thor
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:08 pm

Awesome, post as soon as you can with what you came up with.
Image Image Image Image
Thor
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:09 pm

My wife suggested a wood frame. Hopefully about time this week I'll take of the frame.
Image Image Image Image