The Jungle Book 14 Moss

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:39 pm

trillainmanila wrote: how do you guys feel about the white spaces?
One of the main reasons why it doesn't appeal to me. Also, I don't like the color orange...never did. Just not my style.
OddKid
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:07 pm

I think this will hold its value. The design is great in my oppinon and the film is extremely popular plus it's an Olly Moss print. The fact it has been selling at these prices suggests people are willing to pay it. Also the small print run limits it's availability which will possibly make it more desirable to own to some folk. It would of been nice if it hadn't rocketed in price, I'm kicking myself that I hesitated over paying $257 for it when the first two appeared on eBay by the same seller. I think Mondo should of limited selling only per customer especially due to its small run.

Overal it's a great poster and a must own for me.
choke
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:18 pm

OddKid wrote:I think Mondo should of limited selling only per customer especially due to its small run.
How many do you think they let each customer buy?
Bikejoh
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:24 pm

Call me crazy, but I prefer Holt's. Don't understand the lack of hype for his. Maybe once this Moss hype dies down, Holt's will come out of its slumber. :wink:
OddKid
Art Enthusiast

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:29 pm

choke wrote:
OddKid wrote:I think Mondo should of limited selling only per customer especially due to its small run.
I think they was able to buy two each as I noticed a few sellers on eBay had a couple available. I could be wrong though.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:30 pm

OddKid wrote:I could be wrong though.
you are
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:31 pm

OddKid wrote:
choke wrote:
I think they was able to buy two each as I noticed a few sellers on eBay had a couple available. I could be wrong though.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:32 pm

OddKid wrote:
choke wrote:
Wives, girlfriends, kids, hobos, etc.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:34 pm

RiotAct wrote:
OddKid wrote:
choke wrote:
Wives, girlfriends, kids, hobos, etc.
Has anyone employed a hobo's girlfriend before?
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 8:35 pm

oddkid, a lot of those who attend these events...they bring family, girlfriends, and personal hobos to buy extra prints for them. It's a dog eat dog world when it comes to posters.
trillainmanila
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:19 pm

IWish wrote:oddkid, a lot of those who attend these events...they bring family, girlfriends, and personal hobos to buy extra prints for them. It's a dog eat dog world when it comes to posters.
that's why as fans we should be more selective of what we buy. i ain't supporting a fanboy business knowing damn well that quality has taken a toll. mondo used to churn out sick posters but after opening their cash grab gallery it's quite clear money > quality has taken effect. mondo used to produce 4/5 dope posters but now it's more like 2/5 per month. they might have started the game as an ace, but i'm demoting them down to my 3rd starter.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:28 pm

I bought less than a dozen posters from Mondo, last year. So, if I get one good print a month (content, appeal), I'm cool.

Mondo has a hell of a lot more going for them compared to the new galleries selling bootlegs. DHM is good in my book too.

This JB print is nice...it's just not my thing.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:32 pm

I hear the complaints. For me, its his best since LOTR (maybe SW). I can't wait to get mine, already have the perfect aged, barn wood frame for it. In fact, I was looking for a print to put in that frame. So excited.
trillainmanila
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:33 pm

IWish wrote:I bought less than a dozen posters from Mondo, last year. So, if I get one good print a month (content, appeal), I'm cool.

Mondo has a hell of a lot more going for them compared to the new galleries selling bootlegs. DHM is good in my book too.

all these so called galleries are nothing special. i hope they pay for that printing machine within 5 years because i doubt pop galleries will survive the time. the only one making any type of of separation is mondo..and that's because they started the game and they actually own their theater. the rest of the galleries are just capitalizing on the pop culture craze.
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:29 pm

trillainmanila wrote:
IWish wrote:I bought less than a dozen posters from Mondo, last year. So, if I get one good print a month (content, appeal), I'm cool.

all these so called galleries are nothing special. i hope they pay for that printing machine within 5 years because i doubt pop galleries will survive the time. the only one making any type of of separation is mondo..and that's because they started the game and they actually own their theater. the rest of the galleries are just capitalizing on the pop culture craze.
The theater owns them. But that's also why they are so lucky, they can use that and their association with the film industry to get an in for licensed properties.

Also I think great prints have come from all the galleries and give a shot to less established artists even if the art isn't always quite as good as top tier mondo stuff its also rarely as expensive or insanely frustrating to purchase.