Year of the Snake 07 McCarthy

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
C-Real
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:14 pm

Year of the snake, here is how I see it :

the snake is sneaky, it infiltrates. I think this print is Dan looking back at this year and saying thanks to everyone it was a breakthrough year, the underdog infiltrated the big league you know....

And that is why I totally disagree with the 2 scheme in the print being separated cause if they are, there is no more message left in this print.
The first plane pics are to show the year that went by, a succesful one so maybe he was really more on the go this year, you know, going back and forth on the plane to attend events maybe, I don't know... and he finishes his art print with what would likely be home sweet home for him, like in the end, looking back at it...

I may very well be wrong, just my interpretation...

You tell me what you think..
Good idea !
Well, I have another interpretation :
The plane is the snake in the sky "kneeling" around in every directions.
The top of the print is represents the fact that there is many planes so much noise in this city.
And the bottom represents nighttime when all is quite. People are sleeping in their houses.

Top : Daylight : Planes for noise
Bottom : Nighttime : house for the quietness
:D
Well ???
dukakus88
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:24 pm

tranito wrote:Year of the snake, here is how I see it :

the snake is sneaky, it infiltrates. I think this print is Dan looking back at this year and saying thanks to everyone it was a breakthrough year, the underdog infiltrated the big league you know....

And that is why I totally disagree with the 2 scheme in the print being separated cause if they are, there is no more message left in this print.
The first plane pics are to show the year that went by, a succesful one so maybe he was really more on the go this year, you know, going back and forth on the plane to attend events maybe, I don't know... and he finishes his art print with what would likely be home sweet home for him, like in the end, looking back at it...

I may very well be wrong, just my interpretation...

You tell me what you think..
My skull just exploded
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:46 pm

thegig wrote:I like it, though it might have been cooler as two separate prints...?
Then cut it with an Xacto knife and there you go! Two separate prints. :lol:
shredkeenan
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:16 pm

Maybe Dan was born in 1977.
mwelche

Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:38 pm

the planes reminded me of the game Snake that used to be on older cell phones
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:32 pm

mwelche wrote:the planes reminded me of the game Snake that used to be on older cell phones
this actually made me LOL. :lol:
sonny
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:34 pm

i like it....hell, i just bought his sub, so i might as well buy this too....
andandan

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:14 pm

it's about september 11. i was thinking it's a scary thought that 4 planes flew silently over serene landscapes before they crashed. i remember walking home from work that night and it was eerie how nobody was walking around outside. in every window up and down my street, people were watching the news and you could see the glow from the television sets.

i agree, it does look like two separate prints.. but they fit together for a reason. feel free to cut them if you'd like (you terrorist!) -dan
tranito
Art Expert

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:27 pm

Was this the first post ever by Dan Mccarthy himself?? :shock:

The Man just joined the community!!!!
:D

Freakin nice to hear from you and always nice to know where the inspiration for an art print came from... in fact it's more than often necessary to fully appreciate the art...

Thx man :wink:
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:57 pm

Thanks Dan :pint:
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:39 am

They all cave eventually.
mwelche

Wed Sep 05, 2007 3:50 am

knowin the real meaning behind it really changes the way i look at it. at first i wasnt too sure about addin it to my collection, but that definitely fueled my interest.

(i still think part of the meaning goes back to the Snake game)
macc5
EB Team

Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:43 am

welcome Dan...

thanks for the post. :D
marshhouse
Art Expert

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:29 am

Now it get's really interesting with 9/11 in mind :

24 January 2001 - 11 February 2002: Metal Snake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal_%28c ... element%29
Bacon is love.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:45 am

I was thinking about 9/11 on my way into work yesterday...the weather is perfect in Boston this week, just like it was that morning six years ago. I clearly remember looking up at the sky that morning while walking down Huntington, feeling the sun on my face and noticing how crystal clear and vibrant blue the the sky was.....