Back to the Future Part II 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
BBQDBANTHA
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:45 pm

SULACO wrote:
jamesmassey1988 wrote:
skis007 wrote:
SULACO wrote:Best BTTF post-Struzan poster.
Echoes of Taxi driver, Blade Runner and E.Hopper there. Noir atmosphere. really interesting reinterpretation. This is what Mondo posters had to be.
5 posts in (almost a year) and you're already hyping this thing.
Bad use of brackets. Also drymount you, if he posts that little he's hardly a hype machine. Not all positive comments are for personal gain. Where would we be if we were afraid about saying that we liked something in fear of being accused of "hyping"?

I'll probably never own this, but it's a beautiful piece and what we've come to expect fro Durieux. An atmospheric poster that does more than just "avoiding likeness rights", Durieux works around that. Almost seems like it's an advantage to him.
I didn't know what is "hyping" yet... Maybe I'm wrong, but it's suposed that I would help to create very high espectatives for a print? What can I get of this? To buy one and then sell it? Of course this is not my intention. People here uses a healthy "print-slang" and very colloquial american english, that's the reason I don't use to write here. I'm from Catalonia and people here use to learn french, not english. Annyway... I'm just a newer forum-boy but not a newer in print art.
Take care everyone. Sorry for my terrible language.
Sulaco, don't about what skis007 wrote. You'll find jerks like that in any forum on any website. As for your comment, I completely agree with you. Mondo has been releasing some pretty subpar prints and from reputable artists. I feel this is on of the best ones thus far.

Always say what you feel and screw what anyone thinks.
Image Image Image Image ImageImage
Jonnywashboard

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:44 pm

skis007 wrote:
SULACO wrote:Best BTTF post-Struzan poster.
Echoes of Taxi driver, Blade Runner and E.Hopper there. Noir atmosphere. really interesting reinterpretation. This is what Mondo posters had to be.
5 posts in (almost a year) and you're already hyping this thing.

This is why I never (one time before) post and really won't. Bravo to SULACO for being a highroader.
mmhmichael

Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Loving this one.

I'm feeling:
Lucky07621
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:17 pm

I desperately want this print!!!! do you think Mondo will see any on the site after? or durieux sell APs?
gmvegas20
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:18 pm

Man, I need a connection in Austin who can help me get prints like this. I need this in my life...going and fighting on the website is a pain in the A.
TobinFrost
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:49 pm

gmvegas20 wrote:Man, I need a connection in Austin who can help me get prints like this. I need this in my life...going and fighting on the website is a pain in the A.
I can assure you that it's less hard than a Stout :P
Lucky07621
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:43 pm

Anyone think Mondo is going to sell these online tomorrow?
MatchsMalone
Art Expert

Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:45 pm

Lucky07621 wrote:Anyone think Mondo is going to sell these online tomorrow?
No, nobody thinks that.
Because it's the print we deserve, but not the one we need right now. So we'll hunt it.

Let's not start sucking each other's dicks quite yet.
Hellboy
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:22 am

I will own this, it is beautiful. Prefer the regular over the variant slightly.
dolamite24
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 08, 2014 12:49 pm

How can you not hype when there's a DeLorean and Marty McFly involved?
TobinFrost
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:53 pm

At what moment will they be posted please ? :drool:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:22 pm

No online sale has been announced. They will usually give a day or so notice before that happens..
TobinFrost
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:24 pm

chalkdust wrote:No online sale has been announced. They will usually give a day or so notice before that happens..
Ok, thank you very much :wink:
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:27 pm

Good luck to you! I'll also be gunning for one.. :pint:
gmvegas20
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:44 am

TobinFrost wrote:
gmvegas20 wrote:Man, I need a connection in Austin who can help me get prints like this. I need this in my life...going and fighting on the website is a pain in the A.
I can assure you that it's less hard than a Stout :P

You're right about that...darn vultures simple prey the mondo site to flip these prints.