Back to the Future Part II 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:11 am

bikewrecked wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:Who gives a fudge? They are his prints.
I do.

But then again I buy art because I like it, not because I want to make money.
I will bet you are happy someone is selling something when you want to buy it then huh?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:16 am

Kramerica wrote:
bikewrecked wrote:
I do.

I will bet you are happy someone is selling something when you want to buy it then huh?
Nope. He gives a completely new meaning to the term rage buy.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:54 am

bikewrecked wrote: I do.

46013461.jpg
Last edited by jrsheppa on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:13 am

^^ you don't preface that meme, noob.

Both of his Back to the Future prints are brilliant, ino. At first blush they don't carry the vibe of the flicks, but after a second or two...
just a foil for me today, thanks
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:22 am

fredo wrote:^^ you don't preface that meme, noob.
Yeah, sure :roll:
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:28 am

Nice edit.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:30 am

fredo wrote:Nice edit.
Haha, the funny part is I edited before your comment. Quite honestly, would never have edited but I never thought someone would comment fast enough at 5 in the morning for it to matter.
fredo
Art God

Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 am

It ain't 5 here.
SULACO
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:11 am

Anyone knows if the variant is Glow in the dark?
thanx
mtarail
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:53 am

fredo wrote:Both of his Back to the Future prints are brilliant, ino. At first blush they don't carry the vibe of the flicks, but after a second or two...
This. But imo the poster for pt II is stronger than pt I.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:09 am

SULACO wrote:Anyone knows if the variant is Glow in the dark?
thanx
Just part 1 bud.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:55 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:So you're upset that someone waited in line for a long ass time in the cold, pb'd for countless people that he didn't have to help and is now selling some of the prints that he owns? That sound about right?

A lot of buy art because we like it. Everyone flips dude. No reason to get butthurt about it. I hope the next person that PBs for you decides to flip all the fudge you wanted :D
Well, no one's pb'd for me. Although I just pb'ed for someone else. But like I said, I'm in it for the art, not the quick markup. Sorry I'm not as cynical about art as you are.
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 pm

Kramerica wrote:
bikewrecked wrote:
I do.

I don't buy prints from people looking to make a quick buck.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:59 pm

bikewrecked wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
bikewrecked wrote:
I do.

I don't buy prints from people looking to make a quick buck.
What about slow bucks? You mean to say you don't buy prints unless you get them on the initial drop? What about AP's that are marked up?
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Kramerica wrote: What about slow bucks? You mean to say you don't buy prints unless you get them on the initial drop? What about AP's that are marked up?
Would you really consider the artist selling their own work as trying to make a quick buck?

I have a couple artist prints that I paid maybe an extra 20 bucks for but I probably wouldn't buy one for 4 times original cost but I think comparing an artist to someone who just waits in line isn't really an equal comparison.

I don't even mind if someone decides down the line to sell a print or whatever after they decide to downsize their collection or just don't want a particular print anymore, I've done that myself, but I don't just try to buy Moss and Stout prints just because I know other people want them.

I just think to blatently go to a gallery scoop up 20 prints when only have interest in 1 makes it less fun for everyone. If you can't wait in line for a gallery without needing to get financially compensated, maybe you should stop going and just try to find a high paying job?