Back to the Future Part II 14 Durieux

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:44 pm

drymount Jeff Goldblum, man

EDIT: Makes no sense on a new page. Nice new avatar, Josh.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 pm

thisisjosh wrote:
bikewrecked wrote:
Konquer1 wrote:Reg>Variant?
Why do you care? You only bought to flip.
wtf? I might be out of the joke here, but just in case I'm not...Konquer PB'd this event to the tune of over $1,500.
He's got a third of the show up for flipping right now.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:25 pm

Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:41 am

I and II are both excellent posters but i'm not sure if they are definitive of what I'd want to hang on my wall. I like that they work well on their own but I feel like he could have done something much more unique and different. Seems like we have so many of just the delorean and the way the titles work is just too abstract.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:58 am

bikewrecked wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:
bikewrecked wrote: Why do you care? You only bought to flip.
wtf? I might be out of the joke here, but just in case I'm not...Konquer PB'd this event to the tune of over $1,500.
Who gives a fudge? They are his prints.
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:15 pm

RottenAtom wrote:(images)
Lovely, cheers for posting! Think I still prefer the reg judging by the photos. Which do you like best in person?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:26 pm

Jaspar wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:(images)
Lovely, cheers for posting! Think I still prefer the reg judging by the photos. Which do you like best in person?
You know, I was dead set on the variant at first, but my buddy framed up a reg and it looks fantastic. The variant has a more 'noirish' look to it, but the blue on the reg is great too. Can't go wrong here :pint:
Nintenjoe
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:19 pm

I think the BTTF2 regular has more of an 80's feel color wise. The darker tones suit the print better. Almost looks Tron-ish.
bikewrecked
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:32 am

RambosRemodeler wrote:
bikewrecked wrote:
thisisjosh wrote:
bikewrecked wrote: Why do you care? You only bought to flip.
Who gives a fudge? They are his prints.
I do.

But then again I buy art because I like it, not because I want to make money.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:37 am

So you're upset that someone waited in line for a long ass time in the cold, pb'd for countless people that he didn't have to help and is now selling some of the prints that he owns? That sound about right?

A lot of buy art because we like it. Everyone flips dude. No reason to get butthurt about it. I hope the next person that PBs for you decides to flip all the fudge you wanted :D
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:46 am

I personally have bought a lot of art at shows with no intention of selling, simply because i felt I had to have that piece or loved the interpretation. Sometimes it doesn't go with what you've got, sometimes you're over some of the properties that they represent, and other times you would rather sell what you have to get something you really want or that goes with other stuff on your wall. I have no problems with people flipping as long as it's not for a ridiculous profit, unless it's a true classic.

I Should add, i've never really sold anything for profit, just cost & shipping, and i've even nearly given away prints because i don't like hoarding art that others might enjoy.
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:56 am

phantomforce wrote:I personally have bought a lot of art at shows with no intention of selling, simply because i felt I had to have that piece or loved the interpretation. Sometimes it doesn't go with what you've got, sometimes you're over some of the properties that they represent, and other times you would rather sell what you have to get something you really want or that goes with other stuff on your wall. I have no problems with people flipping as long as it's not for a ridiculous profit, unless it's a true classic.

I Should add, i've never really sold anything for profit, just cost & shipping, and i've even nearly given away prints because i don't like hoarding art that others might enjoy.
Well, looking at your collection, it seems that you have both Stout RD's. There's no need for both, so your best bet would be to sell me one for cost. :D
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:57 am

Au contraire, I have one RD for my living room and another for my bathroom :lol:
BetterCallSaul
Art Expert

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:00 am

phantomforce wrote:Au contraire, I have one RD for my living room and another for my bathroom :lol:

Just pick the one in the living room off the wall and take it with you every time you take a fudge. Problem solved! :P
phantomforce
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:10 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:
phantomforce wrote:Au contraire, I have one RD for my living room and another for my bathroom :lol:

Just pick the one in the living room off the wall and take it with you every time you take a fudge. Problem solved! :P
You don't want to know what happened the last time I did that! :oops: