Beck 14 Welker

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:33 pm

nrgball wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
nrgball wrote:This is a testament to the evolution and skill seething from Welker's art. Great image and execution. Take notice folks!!
Evolution? This dude did the Rift album cover over 20 years ago.

You don't think he's grown as an artist?
I've put myself in a no-win situation right now, haha. Let me just say I love his work (past, present and future).
nrgball
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:50 pm

It's just a discussion. I do as well. Not every piece and some more than others.

What do you really think?
Image Image
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:58 pm

nrgball wrote:It's just a discussion. I do as well. Not every piece and some more than others.

I really think that the Rift album cover still stands as my favorite Welker of all-time and that arrived over 20 years ago. Doesn't mean that he's regressed as an artist or anything since then. I absolutely love his work. Just kind of meant that he was great back then and he's still great today.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:59 pm

Amazing work, David! :clap:
nrgball
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:10 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
nrgball wrote:It's just a discussion. I do as well. Not every piece and some more than others.

I really think that the Rift album cover still stands as my favorite Welker of all-time and that arrived over 20 years ago. Doesn't mean that he's regressed as an artist or anything since then. I absolutely love his work. Just kind of meant that he was great back then and he's still great today.
Rift is my all time favorite of his work as well. It sits framed above my daughters crib.
Image Image
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:27 pm

nrgball wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:

Rift is my all time favorite of his work as well. It sits framed above my daughters crib.
When your daughter gets older and decides that she would rather have a poster of Miley Cyrus above her bed instead, make sure to remember that poor ol' Timber would love to own a copy of that giclee someday ;)
nrgball
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:36 pm

She loves Sparkle & Lengthwise, PYITE & Wilson. She's hilarious. 3 years old running around the house singing, "I must inquire Wilson, Can you still have fun?"
Image Image
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:39 pm

nrgball wrote:She loves Sparkle & Lengthwise, PYITE & Wilson. She's hilarious. 3 years old running around the house singing, "I must inquire Wilson, Can you still have fun?"
Absolutely adorable!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 pm

nrgball wrote:She loves Sparkle & Lengthwise, PYITE & Wilson. She's hilarious. 3 years old running around the house singing, "I must inquire Wilson, Can you still have fun?"
Sounds like she's off to a good start. Wish I could train my wife like that.
nrgball
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:47 pm

You have no idea. The thing is. She's heard tons of music in her life. She just latches onto the whimsical quality of Phish all on her own. I can't wait to take her to her first show.
Image Image
nrgball
Art Expert

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Timbrh2001 wrote:
I'm lucky, my wife will hit 2-3 shows with me per year. After Jones Beach '09 in the rain with Boogie on Reggae Woman, 2001 & MfMF she was hooked. Shes a great woman. I'm a lucky man.

It all goes back to Rift & the image Welker created. Rift changed my life at 13 and that album cover painted the dreams that became the love I have for Phish. I hope David gets the respect he deserves from Phish and gets more posters next year.
Image Image
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:06 am

nrgball wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:
I'm lucky, my wife will hit 2-3 shows with me per year. After Jones Beach '09 in the rain with Boogie on Reggae Woman, 2001 & MfMF she was hooked. Shes a great woman. I'm a lucky man.

It all goes back to Rift & the image Welker created. Rift changed my life at 13 and that album cover painted the dreams that became the love I have for Phish. I hope David gets the respect he deserves from Phish and gets more posters next year.
For years I've been using Phish as an excuse to get away from my wife, who would have thought?!?! Haha.
EG8
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:04 am

Very cool print, nice work David!
Image Image Image
TOTM
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:55 am

Yips, lovely illustration David... Gorgeous work, really been enjoying all the stuff he's been putting up here & on GP too!

He's definitely on a lil' roll & obviously gone to another level as well... The last several releases have all been knock outs!
veltri
Art Expert

Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Nice! So is this any way related to one of the two new albums Beck's releasing this year?
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.