11th Hour 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:39 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Yeah, Fairey's prints from a few years ago are totally worth fudge these days.
A few years ago he didnt release a print every week. And thats my point, hes flooding the market with crap that all looks the same. Which in turn is just going to bring down the value of these prints hes releasing every week.

As far as the person saying something about Phish. I think you have it wrong my friend, most people collect Phish posters to remember the experience of the show they were at, so they will always retain value as people will always want to remember these shows, especially when they get older. These faireys don't have that same option unfortunately.
how am i wrong, phish posters are tanking. are you blind? and i don't mean that in a haha way.... it's true. are you telling me that the guy that payed 10 grand for a phish poster is cool with that because he has memories from the show......even though he might only be able to get a couple grand for it now. hahahahahahaha, i don't think so.
I never said Phish posters weren't tanking??? I said they would always retain value because they were for a show. You stated and I quote
"lots of phish fans are concerned with value, especially after all those posters took a fudge."

And I pointed out to you that most phish fans don't buy prints so they can cash in on them years from now, that they mostly buy them to remember the shows they were at. And BTW no single Phish poster has ever gone for 10k so I dont even know where you get that information from. Sets have sold for 10k but thats it.

Is the person concerned, probably, but your talking about 1 incident and using it as a basis for all Phish prints. IMO, anybody whos pays 10k for any print is an idiot....

The people who paid 7-800 for a pollock and could now only get 400 maybe, I betcha arent concerned because they bought the print for the right reasons, which is to remember a show they were at, and more than likely the print won't leave there possesion for a long time.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:48 pm

I don't see why phatty phish prints need to be brought into this wack Shep trend of reproduction. Phish prints aren't tanking, the Deer Creek Campbell 04 is steadily rising, so is the Great Woods and Camden, can't get any of those for under $140-$150. Cambell Gorge still fetches around $3-$400. What prints are you talking about? Even the mass produced Coventry Pollock still fetches $100 plus. I'd like to know which ones are "tanking" as you say. I'll take em.
Mapman
Art Expert

Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:29 am

11th hour is now Sold Out, if anyone cares....
followgiant
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:14 am

Actually sold out quicker than I thought it would.
admonkey
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:48 am

Per Studio Number One, this print had an edition size of 400.
admonkey
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:51 am

phishbeatles wrote:A few years ago he didnt release a print every week. And thats my point, hes flooding the market with crap that all looks the same. Which in turn is just going to bring down the value of these prints hes releasing every week.
Shepard released 50 prints in the year 2000. That might not be a print every week, but it's pretty damn close. How's the value of the prints from that year holding up?
walterfredo
Art Expert

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:01 pm

admonkey wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:A few years ago he didnt release a print every week. And thats my point, hes flooding the market with crap that all looks the same. Which in turn is just going to bring down the value of these prints hes releasing every week.
Shepard released 50 prints in the year 2000. That might not be a print every week, but it's pretty damn close. How's the value of the prints from that year holding up?
that comparison is a moot point....his prints in 2000 had some thought, originality and ispiration. These ones now have none of those things. I'm not a shep fan, but I just looked over this 2000 prints....they definitely have a lot going for them that maybe 1 out of every 15 to 20 do in 2007.
phishbeatles
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:36 pm

admonkey wrote:
Hows the print run on those? In case you didnt notice the majority of the ones he did in 2000 were print runs of 140 compared to the ones hes doing now which is usually double that. And like walterfredo pointed out, hes prints were alot more lets say unique then what they have become now.

But hey you know, do what you want, if you really enjoy his prints great, good for you, but if you are really buying them in hopes of cashing in on them years from now, I wouldnt hold your breathe.
admonkey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:23 am

admonkey wrote:
phishbeatles wrote:A few years ago he didnt release a print every week.
Shepard released 50 prints in the year 2000.
Just pointing out you're blowing wind out of your ass and don't know what you're talking about. Stating things AS facts don't MAKE them so.

Everything you write after that is suspect.

Sorry, but it's true.
Last edited by admonkey on Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
admonkey
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:24 am

walterfredo wrote:
admonkey wrote:
that comparison is a moot point....his prints in 2000 had some thought, originality and ispiration. These ones now have none of those things. I'm not a shep fan, ...
Really. I'm shocked.

I wasn't talking about the subjective (you were), I was talking about the measurable.
ryan_1969

Sat Aug 18, 2007 1:35 am

ldiddy wrote:I don't see why phatty phish prints need to be brought into this wack Shep trend of reproduction. Phish prints aren't tanking, the Deer Creek Campbell 04 is steadily rising, so is the Great Woods and Camden, can't get any of those for under $140-$150. Cambell Gorge still fetches around $3-$400. What prints are you talking about? Even the mass produced Coventry Pollock still fetches $100 plus. I'd like to know which ones are "tanking" as you say. I'll take em.
most of the phish stuff is only fetching half what it originally did. you've named a couple.... my point was that phish collectors always seemed to overly concered with value, especially the value of crap they don't even like. i find it odd.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:41 pm

Has anyone seen this week's print? I am curious as I bet $20 that it's red and black this week.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:44 pm

Doesn't appear there is one.
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:44 pm

freaksmeout wrote:Has anyone seen this week's print? I am curious as I bet $20 that it's red and black this week.
supposedly no release today
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:29 pm

Codeblue wrote:Doesn't appear there is one.
Can you rule the bet an official "Push?" We need an unbiased official here. Unlike those in the NBA.