Art of Musical Maintenance 10 13 Welker Witt

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Scratch
Art Expert

Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:03 pm

opens tomorrow. . Thurs

James Flames
James Flames is just some guy. He’s an illustrator and a printmaker who honed his skills in his hometown of Brooklyn, NY before moving to the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, NC, where he currently works and resides. His artwork has been featured in galleries from London to L.A., Chicago to NYC, Austin to Seattle — as well as on beer bottle labels, album covers, magazines, comic books and well, you get the idea. He also creates rock posters for some of the top touring bands out on the road today — posters which he screen prints by hand in his studio tucked away in the woods.

Jay Ryan
Jay Ryan has been making screenprinted posters in Chicago since 1995, first at Screwball Press, and then at his own print shop, The Bird Machine. Known for his humorous animal subjects and computer-free design techniques, Jay has worked for thousands of bands, including Shellac, Fugazi, the Flaming Lips, Andrew Bird, the Decemberists, the Melvins, Built to Spill, the Jesus Lizard and the Frames, as well as his own band, Dianogah. 'Animals and Objects In and Out of Water' is Jay's second book documenting his favorite posterwork, and will be released in November, 2009, by Akashic Books.

Jeff Wood
Jeff Wood of Drowning Creek Studios began creating gig posters in 1994 for a club in Myrtle Beach called The Headroom.  Now the studio works with large tour acts and festivals, as well as, mid-level and smaller acts.  Steeped in the old school tradition of late 60’s design infused with digital wizardy, Drowning Creek has forged a new path in screen printed rock art. Primarily known for his multicolor screen printed posters that are printed in the studio, he is also fond of working in full color and outputs the posters on an in-house 12 color large format Canon fine art printer.
John Howard

John's poster work springs from the music that it is about. It is his intention to illustrate the music: The way it sounds, where it comes from, and what it is about. If you are a fan of the music, he hopes the work surprises you and at the same time feels like a perfect fit.

John Vogl
John Vogl runs the Bungaloo, a small illustration and design outfit, all by his lonesome, from his sunny home in Denver, Colorado.  All of his work is illustrated by hand, with love, care, and tears. His prints are an exploration if thoughts, deep and shallow, deliberate and spontaneous. He tends to work within a muted palate, giving my work an undefined aged/vintage feel, that, somehow, feels fresh at the same time.

Justin Hampton
Justin Hampton creates high impact imagery and is renowned as one of the leaders in the modern rock poster scene earning him international attention. His bold line work and sublime color palette mixed with a vivid imagination are unmistakable. His work can be seen in various galleries in Europe, Asia and Australia as well as in the U.S.

Justin Helton
Justin Helton is a graphic designer/illustrator from Knoxville, TN. His work deals with hand drawn, computer generated drawings and bright illustrations. His most recent works include posters for My Morning Jacket, Trey Anastasio, and Black Moth Super Rainbow

Justin Santora
I am an artist and printer from the greater Chicagoland area. I have been making rock posters since 2008 and follow the example set by many of my favorite Chicago artists by preparing my screen prints entirely by hand.

Let's Go!
Heidi Elise Wirz is an: illustrator, printer, painter, and screen tech with Let’s Go! Screen Printing and Shebeast.  Heidi is a big fan of: heavy music, drawing monster warrior goddesses, and printing them by hand.  It is her hope to continue to make prints for bands that kick ass, and to continue to hone her craft. She studied drawing/painting and printmaking at Academy of Art University in San Francisco, and lives in Portland, OR with her rad family.

Lil Tuffy
Lil Tuffy is best known for his minimal style which incorporates negative space. He creates limited edition, hand-screened posters for such bands as the Black Lips and Pavement, as well as many others. He also created the CBGB's 30th Anniversary poster. Tuffy's poster for the Noise Pop music festival appeared in the 2006 Lindsay Lohan film Just My Luck. Lil Tuffy has curated the Noise Pop Festival poster show since 2004. He worked with Firehouse Kustom Rock Art from 2002–2005 and has exhibited his work all over the world, in the US, Canada, Mexico, Germany, France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Serbia, and the UK. His posters have appeared in many publications: The Art of Modern Rock and its companion "Mini #2", "Panda Meat Vol. 1", "Swag 2", "Rock Paper Show", and "Gig Posters Vol. 1". He appears at most Flatstock poster shows at music festivals such as Bumbershoot, Pitchfork, and South by Southwest.

Marq Spusta
Marq Spusta was born in 1977 in Madison, Wisconsin. He was drawing prolifically within moments of leaving the womb. Marq continued developing his art along side graphic design while attending the UW-Stout. Marq has been living and working on the West Coast for nearly a decade, creating concert posters, album covers and all kinds of prints.  His variety of subjects and projects are related in the same mind-spring that his illustrative and cartoonish nature can muster.  His variety of projects ranges from designs of concert posters (Dinosaur Jr., Widespread Panic, Soundgarden, Further) to exhibiting intricate paintings, prints and beer bottle packaging.  His “world” of characters is reminiscent of a fresh and original memory of Alice In Wonderland meets Where The Wild Things Are, doused with an arty hot-sauce formula that is the signature of the cartoonish intricacy that makes it a Marq Spusta.
Scratch
Art Expert

Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:37 pm

opens tonight ..

few for the show

Mirjam Dijkema
Mirjam Dijkema (1984) got her BA at Academie Minerva in Groningen where she studied Graphic Design and Illustration. After that she studied Art History at the University of Groningen. Currently she is self-employed and works as a poster designer and screen printer in Vera - club for the International Pop Underground. Since 2012 Mirjam is hired at Minerva School of the Arts where she teaches theory of the arts and graphic design. In the summer of 2012 Mirjam opened The Impossible Machine ; a webshop and artistic platform run by herself and the wonderful designer Kunny van der Ploeg. Mirjams work has been and is exhibited all over the world, and she gave numerous lectures about the gig poster and screen printing in general.

Nate Duval
Nate lives in Longmeadow, MA. He is 29 years old, designs, illustrates and handprints posters for rock show across the country.  He lives by the mantra, "make a lot of stuff and see what sticks"

Powerslide Design
Powerslide Design Co. is the brainchild of Seattle-based graphic designer Mike Klay. A musician and an outdoorsman, his collection of manually screen-printed posters and tees evokes the beauty of nature and the energy of music.

T-Bone & Aljax
We Are T-Bone & Aljaxx, Tony & Allen Jackson. This is a collection of our gig poster work from the past 4 years.  We love art and design in all forms, from the master painters to the backs of cereal boxes, it’s something we’ve studied and entertained ourselves with since as far back as we can remember. We are heavily influenced by art and advertising that takes us on a visual journey, and more importantly, tells a story.  We aim to do just that, take the viewer to a new place where the band presented is playing as its soundtrack. Each new poster is a transformation of our own styles to fit or explain to the viewer how we perceive the music we are representing. The music guides us through the process, the colors, the subject matter, even the weight of the line work are all dedications to the art we hear. 

Todd Slater
Rock concert poster artist Todd Slater is as prolific as he is piercingly inventive. In less than a decade since graduating from art school, and now operating out of a converted garage studio on the outskirts of Austin, Texas, he has created hundreds of dazzling posters featuring the music industry’s hottest acts—including The Black Keys, Jack White, Primus, and Muse to mention just a few. Todd draws his inspiration directly from each artist’s music, translating the sounds into gut instincts for graphics, and he has an acute sense for the vibes that drive color selection and design schemes.

Tyler Stout
Tyler Stout has done posters for awhile, he lives in Brush Prairie Washington.

Uncle Charlie
Uncle Charlie was born 1969 in Houston Texas. He produces bright and bold graphic design posters for the music industry. He first applied his love of design during early high school years designing flyers for Dresden 45, a punk band he had with his chums. He has been creating art for music since the mid 80's and he currently designs posters for all kinds of events focusing mostly on music. He also continues to work now as a full time package designer designing packages for the food industry at a small design firm in Houston, Texas.

Zoltron
Zoltron is an acclaimed poster artist, an enigmatic street artist and self-proclaimed teenage heart throb. Zoltron is the founder of the notorious silkscreen sticker printing company, Sticker Robot. He rarely attends art shows, because he is usually catching up on Brady Bunch re-runs.
fredo
Art God

Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:57 pm

This show probably deserves its own thread in the events section.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Scratch
Art Expert

Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:28 pm

fredo wrote:This show probably deserves its own thread in the events section.
Probly a better idea.. :)
downtown
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:32 pm

woa!

10 foot banner for the show

fredo
Art God

Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:37 pm

Sweet!
Badass poster by the by.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:00 pm

Just about now, I WISH I lived in Portland...
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
fredo
Art God

Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:10 pm

<<crickets>>
Scratch
Art Expert

Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:10 pm

Sorry.. I have another huge show at my other gallery.. and sites almosts done.. but I have to have time to sit in front of my computer to make sure I dont over sell anything.. I just yavent had a full afternoon availavle to do that.. hopefully after the weekend..
fredo
Art God

Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:17 pm

Sweet. And no sweat- mainly I just like to see the selection available at this, the best geepee show of the year.
Scratch
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:00 pm

most everything is online now. . i'll add more later. . go here
http://thegoodfoot.com/gallery/exhibit/116/

David Welkers AMM10 poster is here
http://thegoodfoot.com/gallery/exhibit/ ... rea/11464/

few for the show

downtown
Art Expert

Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:46 pm

Never saw that Lucero poster before ? Who's the artist ?
Scratch
Art Expert

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:19 pm

downtown wrote:Never saw that Lucero poster before ? Who's the artist ?
Craig Horky

few for the show

Scratch
Art Expert

Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:36 pm

few for the show

Scratch
Art Expert