Ender's Game 13 Ansin

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:53 pm

talkingdeads wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:Anywho, back to EG, isn't the author a major homophobe?
Either way, nice print!

Wait? What? No longer iso if that is true.
He has been very outspoken on his opposition to gay marriage and what he calls the 'homosexual activist agenda.'

This print is pretty cool though, I am a big fan of the composition. I agree with others that I would love to see Ansin tackle some better properties, old or new.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
JaxTeller
Art Enthusiast

Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:31 am

Ctg9095 wrote:Why does Mondo always have Ansin create good prints for meh movies? Man of Steel, Elysium, now Ender's Game... anyone want a PB? :pint:
Depends on your point of view. I think MOS & Elysium are fantastic, to each his own.
milphey
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:01 am

I dig the art. I'm actually reading the book for the first time now .. odd that the author has such a bigoted point of view because I find his book to have a lot of gay overtones. That said, I also mostly enjoyed Elysium and Man of Steel, both flawed but enjoyable.
Ctg9095
Art Expert

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:05 pm

I didn't hate MoS or Elysium, I just think the prints for both were better than the movies themselves. I have a feeling that this will be the same deal.
mindtrick33
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:51 pm

silo wrote:I'd love to see him break out of his new layout - the fragmented image thing he's doing now. His older stuff is way better.
I agree.
Good luck on future drops
dmswsp
Art Connoisseur

Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Yamar wrote:Yes, Orson Scott Card is a bit frustrating in that his personal beliefs go counter to the point, behaviour, and qualities that many of his heroes/heroines in his books exhibit. I can understand people staying away from his books (and now the film) if you so choose - that's your option. But I'll be going - the love I have for the story isn't something that I attach to a love/care about the author's personal beliefs. I'm sure that I could find something that I don't care for in plenty of other actors, writers, artists, etc. that I collect or appreciate as well, it's just that OSC is very outspoken about his religion and beliefs (and thus his position on homosexuality) when it comes to doing promo circuits, book tours, etc.

I'll probably be trying for this one... been a while since I've planned to take a shot at a Mondo print...

Orson Scott Card actually lives here in Greensboro NC. He writes in a weekly fishrag here. He has likened Obama to Hitler, is very outspoken about his religion being the only right way and yes he is a homophobe. I have actually met him and he gave me a signed copy of his latest Ender book. In a sick twist of fate, the facist NC govt just appointed him to the PBS board. It furthers the regression of NC policy.
desch
Art Expert

Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 am

Pretty cool print and I'll reserve judgement on the movie till I see it.

But yeah, Orson does sound like a real douche.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/1 ... 62891.html
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
jonkino
Art Connoisseur

Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 am

Daggermouth wrote:Finally a great looking poster from mondo. I mean Ansins prints are allways beautiful . Seriously though mondo was pushing out some really sub par stuff for the last couple months. But much like everyone is saying Ansin is just too good for movies like this. Regardless if everyone loves the book, if a movie bombs it won't be doing this print any favors. They need to put him on classic or cult movies already.
AGREED ! I want to see Ansin do more cult / classic movies. Would be nice to see him do some classic Hollywood movies from the silver screen days, like Cassablanca.
silo
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am

Going off this rapidly. It's better when Mondo notify the day before so I don't have time to think. I guess that's why Mondo does it.
Pineapple007
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:28 am

Really dig the print and do like his composition, however I still miss his old line work. An artist must evolve though & Ansin is doing a fantastic job with his evolution. Just wish it was for more classics.

ISO Ansin godfather
"Get up, you son of a bitch! 'Cause Micky loves ya."
Image Order of the Monarch #21
Image Image
applehead
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:52 am

i had to buy the book. gonna try to finish it before seeing the movie. i'm not a reader but ive heard so many great things about this book, that i'm gonna give it a try. cant wait to see this al the alamo in littleton
tnt737373
Art Enthusiast

Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:41 pm

Pineapple007 wrote:Really dig the print and do like his composition, however I still miss his old line work. An artist must evolve though & Ansin is doing a fantastic job with his evolution. Just wish it was for more classics.

ISO Ansin godfather
:) A Godfather print would be incredible from Ansin. Didn't think about that. :shock: As said before he could capture the tone of other Terry Gilliam's films (like Fear and Loathing / 12 Monkeys) perfectly too.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spankman
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:14 pm

jonkino wrote:
Daggermouth wrote:Finally a great looking poster from mondo. I mean Ansins prints are allways beautiful . Seriously though mondo was pushing out some really sub par stuff for the last couple months. But much like everyone is saying Ansin is just too good for movies like this. Regardless if everyone loves the book, if a movie bombs it won't be doing this print any favors. They need to put him on classic or cult movies already.
AGREED ! I want to see Ansin do more cult / classic movies. Would be nice to see him do some classic Hollywood movies from the silver screen days, like Cassablanca.
This! Why is mondo wasting Ansin's awesomeness on this?
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
jkw3000
EB Team

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:16 pm

Well, he did a pretty good print earlier this year for some movie called Taxi Driver...

Can't have nice things all the time and whatnot. ;)

Ansin I think is becoming my favorite of the regular Mondo artists, so torn between how great the variant looks versus how good/bad this movie could be (or whether the book being good is enough to justify it).
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Sniffer85
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:35 pm

Pineapple007 wrote:
ISO Ansin godfather
I'd give my right nut for an Ansin or Stout Godfather