Blues For Allah 75 Garris

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art Freak

Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:54 pm

I saw this on a 48" x 48" piece of satin over the holidays
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Dave51
New User

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 am

I have a 6ft X 6ft Blues for Allah published by Album Art Publishing in Los Angeles. I assume it is acrylllic paint on masonite and mounted on 2" X 3" frame and reinforced with 1 X 3's. It is sign by Garris but I assume this is a promotional piece as I bought it at Peaches Records in Hollywood CA in 1975. Anyone know what the story behind this painting might be. It's such a stunnning and vibrant piece.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:23 am

Dave51 wrote:I have a 6ft X 6ft Blues for Allah published by Album Art Publishing in Los Angeles. I assume it is acrylllic paint on masonite and mounted on 2" X 3" frame and reinforced with 1 X 3's. It is sign by Garris but I assume this is a promotional piece as I bought it at Peaches Records in Hollywood CA in 1975. Anyone know what the story behind this painting might be. It's such a stunnning and vibrant piece.
I'm pretty sure the Dead had one hanging in their rehearsal space in San Raphael. Perhaps theirs was an original? Please post pictures if you have any, it would be cool to see it.
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
Dave51
New User

Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Thanks for your interest. I'll take a picture and post it ASAP. I can't imagine too many of these out there; I'd love to know its history.
spreadheadtommy
New User

Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:17 pm

I have this poster and it's just signed. Its framed so I can't get exact measurements but roughly 21 x 21. Anyone have more info on what I might have?
automator
Nobody

Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:48 pm

New image Blues For Allah 74 Garris

padelimike
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:14 pm

I wonder what I have. Guess it's some kind of early knockoff.
It's in a frame, 20x24 and I got it in '83, at which point the person who gave it to me said they had had it since the 70s.
That checked out as likely true when I dusted the frame.
The image is cropped on the sides but it's not a trimmed print.
It's on thin poster stock. Not signed or numbered.
Glad I didn't pay anything for it I guess.
Only into it for the effort expended to have moved it 3 times - in '88, '93 and '06.