Kurt Russell/John Carpenter Triptych 13 Weston

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kyler4444
Art Expert

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:01 pm

Kramerica wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:These aren't in the same league as his GBU.
Not even close.
I beg to differ. His line art is just as impressive in this set as the TGTBTU print. He didn't nail Kurt's likeness on BTILC but the other two prints are spot on IMHO. These prints do have more of a comic book feel to them as they should so I can see how there is a difference in taste of one art style vs. the other as far as the colorway goes. These colors are colored similar to his Dredd comics, although I don't believe he colors his comic work but I could be mistaken, whereas TGTBTU has a more realistic and darker feel to it as it should.

ISO the Weston EFNY print if anyone has an extra. I've got a few extra BTILC's and The Thing's but no EFNY's so I'd like to complete an extra set.
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:56 pm

kyler4444 wrote:
Kramerica wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:These aren't in the same league as his GBU.
Not even close.
I beg to differ. His line art is just as impressive in this set as the TGTBTU print. He didn't nail Kurt's likeness on BTILC but the other two prints are spot on IMHO. These prints do have more of a comic book feel to them as they should so I can see how there is a difference in taste of one art style vs. the other as far as the colorway goes. These colors are colored similar to his Dredd comics, although I don't believe he colors his comic work but I could be mistaken, whereas TGTBTU has a more realistic and darker feel to it as it should.

ISO the Weston EFNY print if anyone has an extra. I've got a few extra BTILC's and The Thing's but no EFNY's so I'd like to complete an extra set.
EFNY is the best and has closest likeness from a graphic novel standpoint. I grabbed one of those.

I can't help but see Kris Kristofferson on the Thing print... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jul 24, 2014 4:58 pm

kyler4444 wrote:I see the prices on this set going up as Chris gets more popular and finely tunes his craft. 8)

Yes, this is hype!
Equity for SDCC trades K? :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
kyler4444
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2015 10:49 am

rubberneck wrote:
kyler4444 wrote:I see the prices on this set going up as Chris gets more popular and finely tunes his craft. 8)

Yes, this is hype!
Equity for SDCC trades K? :wink:
Late reply but I guess I was wrong. :(
ISO: Stout - The Thing Image