The Korova Milk Bar 13 Englert

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:55 pm

Just buy one off ebay. It's not like there is going to be any real secondary market for these.
Skeptik
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:03 pm

I didn't know Santa died in 2000! Good on him. That's a solid run.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:14 pm

Skeptik wrote:I bought this print, happily! Super excited to add to my collection, should have been my first englert! My favorite one! A couple of hours after I got my conformation I recieced a retraction! They oversold the print and somehow I am the odd man out! I can buy it on eBay for 200 dollars but not recieve my order! Garbage. I will never buy from 1988 ever again! I'm sure you guys have all gone through this, as I am still farely new to posters, I have not. I literally want to cry! This is how true collectors get treated while flippers grab prints! They were still for sale a solid half hour after I bought this print! Yet I am the odd man out?!? Absolute garbage! I'm boycotting englert and 1988 from now on! Not that they care, with all the flippers willing to buy and sell.......I'm out! My money and I will find another artist/ shop that actually cares about their customers. Nice print though, congrats to whoever got mine! Cheers :pint:
Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately the longer you stick around purchasing prints, the more oversell refunds you're bound to get. It sucks, but it happens to everyone from time to time. Hopefully the secondary market yields your print for you at or very near cost in the future!
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:23 pm

Skeptik wrote:I bought this print, happily! Super excited to add to my collection, should have been my first englert! My favorite one! A couple of hours after I got my conformation I recieced a retraction! They oversold the print and somehow I am the odd man out! I can buy it on eBay for 200 dollars but not recieve my order! Garbage. I will never buy from 1988 ever again! I'm sure you guys have all gone through this, as I am still farely new to posters, I have not. I literally want to cry! This is how true collectors get treated while flippers grab prints! They were still for sale a solid half hour after I bought this print! Yet I am the odd man out?!? Absolute garbage! I'm boycotting englert and 1988 from now on! Not that they care, with all the flippers willing to buy and sell.......I'm out! My money and I will find another artist/ shop that actually cares about their customers. Nice print though, congrats to whoever got mine! Cheers :pint:
Stop sounding like such a whiny little bitch. These things are going to be flooding ebay and the sales thread here soon enough; just wait for all the married guys and others to realise that this is not the kind of thing their significant others want them to have and you'll probably be able to get one for around cost or less.
Last edited by dinkydoggy on Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skeptik
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:31 pm

For 1, I am a whiney little b. that's how I do. And I do hope that I can snap one up eventually, at or near cost. I am sorry to complain to everyone. I am used to not getting stuff on drops, I just really thought I had this one. I really was stoked to hang it. Whatever, I guess. They did just lose a potential customer, but obviously they don't care. So neither should I. Cheers
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:41 pm

Nothing wrong with being cheesed. I think you'll have no problem picking this one up later at cost though.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Skeptik wrote:For 1, I am a whiney little b. that's how I do. And I do hope that I can snap one up eventually, at or near cost. I am sorry to complain to everyone. I am used to not getting stuff on drops, I just really thought I had this one. I really was stoked to hang it. Whatever, I guess. They did just lose a potential customer, but obviously they don't care. So neither should I. Cheers
Hats of to you for being able to mock yourself. :clap:
But you're not alone; read the other threads and you'll see that others were refunded as well. So G1988 didn't single you out, their system just messed up and oversold a bunch of these. Don't forget that there are 200 of these so all you have to do is wait a few weeks, and there will probably be a glut of them on the market.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 6:49 pm

Skeptik wrote:For 1, I am a whiney little b. that's how I do. And I do hope that I can snap one up eventually, at or near cost. I am sorry to complain to everyone. I am used to not getting stuff on drops, I just really thought I had this one. I really was stoked to hang it. Whatever, I guess. They did just lose a potential customer, but obviously they don't care. So neither should I. Cheers
Oversell issues aren't strictly related to them. Plenty of other websites need to issue refunds as well.

It happens...

Here's how this game is probably gonna work.

People buy up prints really fast due to the belief that this may flip. A bunch throw them up on eBay and nobody buys them. A bunch get A.D.D. and lose interest in the flavor of last week, the following week. A bunch realize they have wives and gfs that wont allow them to hang pictures with statues and coffee tables of naked women.

Considering many other Englert Kubricks are /100 and getting sold at cost, leads me to believe that this one /200, will follow the same route.
rattyraiz
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:01 pm

go peep the oversell melt down on Banksy board for the Whatson print :)

Happens ALL the time so I am used to it....what I DO NOT understand is why these sites do not simply get better cart eCommerce systems? They are NOT expensive and very drymounting easy to implement.

Also a small note to G88. Can I have access to your site backend to make a 2.3 second change that does not set shipping to local pickup as default? Thanks :)

Congrats to those that scored, fantastic print!
Thronk
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:05 pm

rattyraiz wrote:Also a small note to G88. Can I have access to your site backend to make a 2.3 second change that does not set shipping to local pickup as default? Thanks :)
Ditto :!:
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:07 pm

rattyraiz wrote:go peep the oversell melt down on Banksy board for the Whatson print :)

Happens ALL the time so I am used to it....what I DO NOT understand is why these sites do not simply get better cart eCommerce systems? They are NOT expensive and very drymounting easy to implement.

Also a small note to G88. Can I have access to your site backend to make a 2.3 second change that does not set shipping to local pickup as default? Thanks :)

Congrats to those that scored, fantastic print!
Almost got me as well. Had to backup from the paypal website because i caught it just as I hit the button to advance to paypal.
alittle
Art Freak

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:12 pm

When faced with a situation like that, just check out anyways. You can always pay the difference later.
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:18 pm

rattyraiz wrote:what I DO NOT understand is why these sites do not simply get better cart eCommerce systems? They are NOT expensive and very drymounting easy to implement.
Their store is 10X better now than it was a couple of years ago. At one time during popular drops, you'd cart a print and it would take...like...15mins or longer for your order to get processed. I remember we totally crashed the servers during a Crazy 4 Cult drop...total burn due to (rumor) 100K + people hitting the site. They had to postpone the drop for the next day or something...can't remember, exactly. It was not long after that that they upgraded to the current store.

I'm sure others will remember the good 'ole days at G88's site.
gdeveau
Art Enthusiast

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:44 pm

Who are all these wives and girlfriends who don't enjoy a movie about the adventures of a young man whose principal interests are rape, ultra-violence and Beethoven?
bkboy77
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 9:51 pm

all butt hurt about missing the drop today or how this poster will be in the HUT goes here... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=121339

I like this one but seems like David O'Daniel already made the perfect poster for this movie.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.