The Korova Milk Bar 13 Englert

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
evilpresence
Art Expert

Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:12 pm

alittle wrote:When faced with a situation like that, just check out anyways. You can always pay the difference later.
Pro tip.
WhoLikesRingo
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 12:06 am

bkboy77 wrote:all butt hurt about missing the drop today or how this poster will be in the HUT goes here... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=121339

I like this one but seems like David O'Daniel already made the perfect poster for this movie.
I agree that Daniel's is perfect, but this is truly dark. I know everyone says every time this is one Englert's best pieces, but I haven't really liked one of his since They All Float and Alien (SDCC), but this is a homerun looking piece and I love the use of black going on in this.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:32 am

gdeveau wrote:Who are all these wives and girlfriends who don't enjoy a movie about the adventures of a young man whose principal interests are rape, ultra-violence and Beethoven?
Not mine. I have a water hookup on my front porch and my wife proposes we put a penis fountain there, haha. Pretty sure Im safe with this print. If not, its still going up anyways!
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:42 am

WhoLikesRingo wrote:
bkboy77 wrote:all butt hurt about missing the drop today or how this poster will be in the HUT goes here... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=121339

I like this one but seems like David O'Daniel already made the perfect poster for this movie.
I agree that Daniel's is perfect, but this is truly dark. I know everyone says every time this is one Englert's best pieces, but I haven't really liked one of his since They All Float and Alien (SDCC), but this is a homerun looking piece and I love the use of black going on in this.
Never seen the David O'Daniel but that really doesn't matter because I believe I just purchased the perfect Clockwork print today ;)

Seriously though, couldn't be happier and you're right, this one is definitely a home run!

EDIT: Just saw it and let's just say Im even happier with getting the Englert today!
furnituremusic
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:56 am

I have the O'Daniel and it is awesome. I like the Rhys Cooper foil variant as well. Englert's CO scene looks fine too...It is different from the other Kubrick's and most of the other prints he has designed in that it is an interior space and not a landscape!
bkboy77
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:27 am

Hopefully people did not get me wrong when I expressed my opinion regarding what is perfect or not. I looked at the jpegs of the print closer and it is truly a masterpiece to itself and being a first indoor Englert piece.... would be great for those who collect his work.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
furnituremusic
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:59 am

bkboy77 wrote:Hopefully people did not get me wrong when I expressed my opinion regarding what is perfect or not. I looked at the jpegs of the print closer and it is truly a masterpiece to itself and being a first indoor Englert piece.... would be great for those who collect his work.
Not at all... I actually agree with you that the O'Daniel is the perfect CO Print. I love O'Daniel's work but I was impressed that Englert did an expansive Kubrick series.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Sun Aug 25, 2013 9:33 am

bkboy77 wrote:Hopefully people did not get me wrong when I expressed my opinion regarding what is perfect or not. I looked at the jpegs of the print closer and it is truly a masterpiece to itself and being a first indoor Englert piece.... would be great for those who collect his work.
The 2 are totally different so Im sure opinions would vary as well.

His Dr. Strangelove is also indoors.
furnituremusic
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:44 am

Timbrh2001 wrote:

Yeah I forgot about Mark's Strangelove piece, but even that one feels like a landscape. The War Room feels like a football stadium (exterior). Whereas the Korova Milk Bar scene feels claustrophobic and very interior.
PorkChopExpress
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:18 am

furnituremusic wrote:
Timbrh2001 wrote:

Yeah I forgot about Mark's Strangelove piece, but even that one feels like a landscape. The War Room feels like a football stadium (exterior). Whereas the Korova Milk Bar scene feels claustrophobic and very interior.
I believe the Aliens print is also an interior scene (The Egg Chamber), but I also agree that the Clockwork Orange print is the first one to truly feel enclosed. I hope this becomes a trend, because Korova Milk Bar is TITS (pun intended)! More interior stuff Mark!
"The Highlander was a documentary, and the events happened in real time."
Kevin42
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:18 am

I snagged on of these at 11:54, so stoked. I have 7 of the 10 Kubrick prints now. Getting these all framed is going to be a pretty penny. I dont know if I should get them all framed together in one huge frame or do them all seperate. Hmmmm...
Hi there,
Vytis33
Art Expert

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 am

Kevin42 wrote: I have 7 of the 10 Kubrick prints now. Getting these all framed is going to be a pretty penny. I dont know if I should get them all framed together in one huge frame or do them all seperate. Hmmmm...
Do you live in an airplane hangar?
alittle
Art Freak

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:26 am

That would be one massive sheet of glass.
Kevin42
Art Enthusiast

Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:32 am

Vytis33 wrote:
Kevin42 wrote: I have 7 of the 10 Kubrick prints now. Getting these all framed is going to be a pretty penny. I dont know if I should get them all framed together in one huge frame or do them all seperate. Hmmmm...
I have a lot of wall space where i live, and i don't like the look of blank spots on the wall.
Hi there,
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:21 pm

Kevin42 wrote:
Vytis33 wrote:
I have a lot of wall space where i live, and i don't like the look of blank spots on the wall.
You could just buy separate frames for each and clamp them together at the edges. I'm sure doing 7 - 12x36" prints all in one frame, would be so cost prohibitive that you'll probably want to go the individual frame route anyways. Unless you're made of money, then... Haha.