EB-07 Screaming Hand 04 Phillips

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:02 pm

I have missed you, brew. Welcome back to posting, or at least posting in threads I read. Philips is the awesome.
sideshowbob
EB Team

Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:05 pm

KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 14, 2019 9:29 pm

So this print popped up for me on the default welcome page a few days ago but the site was acting funky and I couldn't post anything to this thread. Hopefully the new servers allow to post in older threads. I had no Idea that there are so many Jim Phillips prints in the data base. Anyway, I thought it was fascinating that this print was part of an exclusive EB release that was printed back in the day.

BUT I'm not sure that members are aware that in 2016 a very similar (almost identical) spec'd print was released in an edition of 2000 celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Screaming Hand design. I know this because 2 years ago I purchased two of those prints from a skate shop that had mistakenly priced them at $15 each.

I'm positive that the original EB print inspired Santa Cruz to reprint the Screaming Hand, in a much, much larger edition. In addition to a slew of other artists taking a shot at interpreting the Screaming Hand in a traveling art show with accompanying prints as well.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux