EB-07 Screaming Hand 04 Phillips

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:00 am

This topic is dedicated to: EB-07 Screaming Hand 04 Phillips

morst
EB Team

Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:07 pm

the number 7 is represented by the fingers!?! :shock:
jojobadass
Art Freak

Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:17 am

morst wrote:the number 7 is represented by the fingers!?! :shock:
that's a stretch!
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:15 am

its literally represented as EB7 in the lower right hand portion of the print, below the image you silly!

Here are a few more images of an A/P and a couple of make ready prints, one only black ink, the other a 2 color black and blue (no red) on a really cool stock that already had some guitars printed on it, highly styled possibly flaming guitars, gives an appearance of a watermark.

Regular #'d print on left, 1 color make ready on right:

2-color print on "guitar" paper on left, A/P on right:

A/P 6/6

A/P Signature side:

2-color on "guitar" paper, almost a watermark appearance:

2-color signature, flaming guitar underprint:

1-color:

1-color "dirty" appearance from "ink dust" smudging:

Jeremy
marshhouse
Art Expert

Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:29 am

How many of those flaming guitar and no colors were made?
Bacon is love.
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:19 am

ya know I don't really know for sure, probably not too many, they were the make ready prints, so I assume very few, just to dial in the screen process to come up with a high quality final product, not sure if Thomas kept any or sent all make ready prints to me? (I had gotten Jim Philips on board for the EB print, so Thomas was kind to toss these my way).

The black ink only print shows lots of ink smudging, the 2 color is really taking shape, but what makes it cool is that Jim had used some previously inked up stock, not sure what that underprint was, but it has these highly stylized and almost flaming looking guitars printed on the stock, so the overlay is kind of cool.

Again, I doubt there are many, and a lot of times these make ready prints are trashed anyways right? I mean one has smudges, the other is on stock already printed upon..etc..

I love em all though, each one is unique and has something to offer in and of itself. More of a curiosity than anything else I believe.

Jeremy
Bakedbeens
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:37 pm

I think it's my favorite of the EB series.
morst
EB Team

Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:55 pm

[quote="hitmewithposters"]its literally represented as EB7 in the lower right hand portion of the print, below the image you silly!/quote]

D'OH.

http://www.expressobeans.com/images.php?id=19246

I guess I should have known that, since I added that photo. . . :oops:
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:54 am

By the way, I'm contemplating getting rid of the A/P print, I know one person who is interested in it, but communication has been slow, not sure what kind of interest there would be for it however, so it may end up on ebay soon to let the market dictate what its "worth" to someone.
pi3rce42
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:15 pm

Does anyone remember this pic from the Santa Cruz skateboard heydayz of the 80's? Always brings back memories when I see it...

Had to dig up a link
http://www.jimphillips.com/skate/archiv ... kschnd.gif
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things...
jojobadass
Art Freak

Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:31 pm

pi3rce42 wrote:Does anyone remember this pic from the Santa Cruz skateboard heydayz of the 80's? Always brings back memories when I see it...

Had to dig up a link
http://www.jimphillips.com/skate/archiv ... kschnd.gif
Boy, Jim worked hard on that eb print.....lol
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:30 am

worked hard? not sure of the point, I bet he certainly had some time and serious effort invested into getting his image into a poster format and screened.

The key was it is to some an iconic image, he's a classic artist, the image is well known in some circles and what was important was the image had never been done in that type of format before. It also coincided nicely with the release of his book, so it could be used for promo purposes for that as well.

Many many artists that we love rehash images all the time, especially if its their signature image that folks associate with them.

and the bottom line is he helped out EB by being a part of the series, he was happy to do so, was very kind and gracious about it, and frankly I love that poster, it does leap out at you and is very nice quality.

I dig it!

Jeremy
pi3rce42
Art Connoisseur

Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:43 pm

hitmewithposters wrote:
The key was it is to some an iconic image, he's a classic artist, the image is well known in some circles and what was important was the image had never been done in that type of format before. It also coincided nicely with the release of his book, so it could be used for promo purposes for that as well.
I agree, the image is what I remembered the most, and completely forgot about the 'speedwheels' text that was on the original sticker that everyone had on their boards back in the day. On an interesting side note, there were over 8 million of those stickers sold...

Oh what I would do to get the OG sketch...
http://www.jimphillips.com:16080/skate/handskch.gif
don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things...
pjtaper
Art Freak

Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:50 am

could someone please PM me and let me know how to get in on the expresso beans art series?

Thank you!
marshhouse
Art Expert

Tue Aug 15, 2006 11:14 am

pjtaper wrote:could someone please PM me and let me know how to get in on the expresso beans art series?

Thank you!
No trick to it. Just keep your eyes open for announcements. I think a couple are still available in the store.
Bacon is love.