Secret of NIMH 13 Lone

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:56 am

This topic is dedicated to: Secret of NIMH 13 Lone

hellosir
Art Freak

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:35 am

One of my favorite childhood movies
Poster looks great
greenhorn1
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 am

I was never as big a fan of the movie as most people seem to be but for those that like it you really couldn't ask for a better print. This is incredibly well done.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:47 am

hellosir wrote:One of my favorite childhood movies
Poster looks great
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
recycler
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:56 am

greenhorn1 wrote:I was never as big a fan of the movie as most people seem to be but for those that like it you really couldn't ask for a better print. This is incredibly well done.
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:57 am

hellosir wrote:One of my favorite childhood movies
Poster looks great
bkboy77
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:20 am

Mark did a great job with this poster. Glad more galleries are working with him. Guy is so talented.
fung430 wrote:Expressobeans knows everything.
mrkyuss
Art God

Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:31 am

I have never seen that movie.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
tehhippy
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:05 am

Some comments from Mark, Adam and WIP shots. Copied from Odd City thread.

RottenAtom wrote:
borntobewildtregger wrote:I have to give credit to the odd city team especially Adam over there who was my second pair of eyeballs on this project. Both of us geeked out about certain parts of the movie and what should be included in the piece and I always know that if he was telling me to change something it was from a design point of view and for the benefit of the peice overall. that's something when you are an artist and you are staring at a picture for 3 days straight, I mean, like ONE CORNER of a picture for 3 days straight, sometimes you need someone to help you with the bigger picture, and he knew what he was doing. so thank you Adam, best art director (well, the ONLY) art director I've worked with yet.
My pleasure Mark :pint:

I've always loved the film and was thrilled to help out. Since we're both big Nimh fans, Mark and I really wanted to do it justice. Anytime an artist makes a poster based on an animated property, there's a delicate balance to remain true to the original art and still inject their own style. We wanted many of the characters represented, and just as importantly wanted to nail the feel of the movie. Electricity is a theme and is represented. One of our favorite scenes is the epic Justin/Jenner duel and we wanted that front and center, as well as Mrs. Brisby and her iconic amulet. Mark spent a lot of time on the expressions and the detail and it should impress in person.

Here's some sketches and progress shots:

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image
Sneakysnake
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:43 am

The owl in the top left corner looks VERY similar to Uncle Dukey in Rock-A-Doodle. Hm, Neat.
thisisjosh
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:07 pm

Sneakysnake wrote:The owl in the top left corner looks VERY similar to Uncle Dukey in Rock-A-Doodle. Hm, Neat.

..soooort of, although I know what you mean. Anyway, want this.
ircollins
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:05 pm

I've never seen the movie but this print is absolutely awesome. Mark did such a great job.
Image Image
Sneakysnake
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:54 pm

thisisjosh wrote:
Sneakysnake wrote:The owl in the top left corner looks VERY similar to Uncle Dukey in Rock-A-Doodle. Hm, Neat.

..soooort of, although I know what you mean. Anyway, want this.
It's been awhile since I've seen the movie but when you put them side by side the owl in the print looks much more sinister. :shock:
earlgreytoast
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:02 pm

:shock:
judge_arse.JPG
southerngarden
Art Expert

Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:45 pm

this movie scared the fudge outta me when i was younger, but i loved it! the animation was amazing for the time and the story is fantastic!...surprised so many people never saw it. i probably shoulda bought one....oh well, maybe the lack of interest in the movie will keep the aftermarket prices down and ill pick one up down the line.

Mark did a fantastic job on this print, it looks amazing! :clap: