White Stripes Glace Bay 07 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Scheckywhite
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:00 am

Mooney wrote:says the aluminium run was 66. pretty small run if true.
RJ needed to hold some copies for when he starts selling sets online.
C-Real
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2007 8:34 am

Yeah... incredible !
Many Rob prints are great, but I never saw them on sale on his site...
:?
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:20 am

C-Real wrote:Yeah... incredible !
Many Rob prints are great, but I never saw them on sale on his site...
:?
Back in the day it was glorious!! :D
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:49 am

kyle wrote:best rob jones yet, imo.

i like this.
agreed.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 9:53 am

do you think that they have prints for OTHER SHOWS available for sale during the tour?

Since they're just on tour, I would think that there's a trailer with all the posters and different merch. Maybe they are not at the table, but if you talk to the merch guy, and wait until after the show, I wonder if you can go back to the trailer and buy some of the posters.

I would assume that either all of the designs are done and printed ahead of time, and so they have the future posters ready, or maybe new posters as they get printed get delivered to the promoter a day or so before the show...

But I'm hanging onto the hope that they keep the posters while on this tour.

So if someone were to go to an upcoming show and pull this off, I'd buy one!
rmjguttermouth
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:20 am

considering the white stripes play shows for 4,000 - 15,000 depending on the venue/city and the poster runs are usually 250, I would assume that the posters sell out at each show.
BonnarooLawyer
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:27 am

I was at the show , i picked up 1 paper poster and 1 aluminum poster. Neither are for sale. It was a feeding frenzy at the show for posters. The show was amazing, they played well over 2 hrs, there was champagne served to the crowd, and Jack was in the crowd taking pictures with family and friends.

Somehow, there was a small piece of paint chipped off on my aluminum poster. It's not a big deal because it's my copy and i'm not selling it. I'm wondering if anybody else out there in possession of the aluminum poster had similar problems.

Rob Jones told me that this was his and the printers first aluminum print. Aluminum scratches easily regardless. Jones really came through with this poster. I have his 2005 Keyspan poster with the Tin man as well. I was at that show.

As for an extra copy of this poster, my buddy was at the show with me and he has an extra paper print. He will likely sell the print for $300.00 but it may end up being put up for bid on eBay because of the obvious high demand for this print.
Vedderman23
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:34 am

BonnarooLawyer wrote:As for an extra copy of this poster, my buddy was at the show with me and he has an extra paper print. He will likely sell the print for $300.00 but it may end up being put up for bid on eBay because of the obvious high demand for this print.
Well, obviously. :roll:
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:37 am

BonnarooLawyer wrote:
Rob Jones told me that this was his and the printers first aluminum print. Aluminum scratches easily regardless. Jones really came through with this poster. I have his 2005 Keyspan poster with the Tin man as well. I was at that show.
Since aluminum is not porous like paper is, the ink sits on top of the aluminum and thus making it hard for the ink to stick onto the substrate. I think you might have to use a special aluminum that is pre-treated with a porous varnish for it to stick better, or use a UV ink that sets & dries instantly.

Was rob at the show then?
rjwhite19
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:42 am

i think most aluminums had small scrtaches and flaws in them.....when i was at the merch table a guy kept asking the girl to go back and look for one without scratches but evryone came backed slightly flawed. There were 3 of us who bought them and all of ours have slight flaws; wouldn't show up in a scan but you can see where the paint came off.
BonnarooLawyer
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:43 am

Yes, that's exactly what makes it a sensitive print. I'm pretty sure Rob wasn't at the show; however, Mike Gordon from Phish was and my buddy and I shook hands with him.
jodeci78 wrote:
BonnarooLawyer wrote:
Since aluminum is not porous like paper is, the ink sits on top of the aluminum and thus making it hard for the ink to stick onto the substrate. I think you might have to use a special aluminum that is pre-treated with a porous varnish for it to stick better, or use a UV ink that sets & dries instantly.

Was rob at the show then?
BonnarooLawyer
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:49 am

Yeah so it's really not a big deal considering that a flawless aluminum print is unlikely due to factors like shipping etc and other factors mentioned in previous posts. Regardless, it will be harder to find a seller of the Aluminum print with such a small run.
rjwhite19 wrote:i think most aluminums had small scrtaches and flaws in them.....when i was at the merch table a guy kept asking the girl to go back and look for one without scratches but evryone came backed slightly flawed. There were 3 of us who bought them and all of ours have slight flaws; wouldn't show up in a scan but you can see where the paint came off.
BonnarooLawyer
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:53 am

One last thing, you should have seen me dealing with transporting the aluminum print, I had a poster tube handy for the paper prints. I had to carefully carry the aluminum back to our hotel, then to the airport and onto the plane back to Newark Airport here in NJ. Thankfully they let me take it on the plane and the steward safely placed it in a closet at the front of the plane because I couldn't check it, store it at my feet etc. I'm sure other owners of the aluminum print have stories about transporting the print.

BonnarooLawyer wrote:Yeah so it's really not a big deal considering that a flawless aluminum print is unlikely due to factors like shipping etc and other factors mentioned in previous posts. Regardless, it will be harder to find a seller of the Aluminum print with such a small run.
rjwhite19 wrote:i think most aluminums had small scrtaches and flaws in them.....when i was at the merch table a guy kept asking the girl to go back and look for one without scratches but evryone came backed slightly flawed. There were 3 of us who bought them and all of ours have slight flaws; wouldn't show up in a scan but you can see where the paint came off.
jodeci78
Art Expert

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:13 am

talking about this poster makes me very sad.
BonnarooLawyer
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:41 am