White Stripes Glace Bay 07 Jones

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
millard
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:17 pm

The auction that is about to end is mislisted on this site:

170302344541 VG $200.00 2009-02-19

This poster has thumbtack holes on the actual print area and has been on tacked to a ceiling for 1.5 years.

It probably shouldn't be included in the valuations.

Also, it it #179

Can a Mod fix this?

I have attached the image from the ebay auction. Here is the auction description:

I have for sale a Rob Jones Poster from the Glace Bay, Nova Scotia show. The White Stripes 10th anneversary. This is the Paper version and is in great condition. It has been on my Ceiling since the show ended in a smoke free home. The poster is number 179 out of 231.
Last edited by millard on Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
johnr1311
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Thats awesome!
dangerboy wrote:i think he thinks we think more about what he thinks than we actually think of what he thinks
millard
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:21 pm

johnr1311 wrote:Thats awesome!
I pm'd the ebay seller to find out what else he has tacked to his ceiling. He said he had a few early Emeks and a Horkey.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:33 pm

I like how s/he nicely framed and hung what appears to be an Iron Maiden print (migth be worth some money, Idk), but s/he thumb-tacked a very valuable RJ WS print to the ceiling.

That being said, while in college I used wall putty to hang my '98 PJ posters and transported them during moves rolled up in a garbage can.

Edit: Added pic. $8 at allposters.com
mlinderer
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:44 pm

When I asked that ebay seller if it was hung with thumbtacks (before I saw the picture), they said "yep, one in each corner" like there was absolutely nothing wrong with that. I wonder if the person that bids knows it has the thumbtack holes, because it definately doesn't explicitly say that on the auction listing.
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:59 pm

mlinderer wrote: I wonder if the person that bids knows it has the thumbtack holes, because it definately doesn't explicitly say that on the auction listing.
I think it's pretty obvious from the pic and the description.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
sabotage
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:27 pm

anyone who thumbtacks a Glace Bay to their ceiling I'm sure is very competent in shipping. Bid with confidence!
thebends9
Art Expert

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Can a mod fix this one as well...

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=647

It had significant damage on Jack's face and shouldn't be counted as well
millard
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Are we supposed to PM a mod to get changes made here?
pewter14
EB Team

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:50 pm

millard wrote:Are we supposed to PM a mod to get changes made here?
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 15&t=19849
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
millard
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:53 pm

pewter14 wrote:
millard wrote:Are we supposed to PM a mod to get changes made here?
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 15&t=19849
Thanks
slujkr
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:03 pm

I'll let you guys know, I bought it...the seller was upfront with me and first contacted me thru EB. He says the thumbtacks are only in the white area and the print otherwise is fine. I hope to frame it and he says the image area is fine....if you collect any vintage posters you learn to live with tack holes if you have to...........roll the dice, pay with credit card and dispute it if there's a problem.......Peace
millard
Art Enthusiast

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:12 pm

slujkr wrote:I'll let you guys know, I bought it...the seller was upfront with me and first contacted me thru EB. He says the thumbtacks are only in the white area and the print otherwise is fine. I hope to frame it and he says the image area is fine....if you collect any vintage posters you learn to live with tack holes if you have to...........roll the dice, pay with credit card and dispute it if there's a problem.......Peace
Looking at the picture - the top left tack appears to puncture the print area.

Also, this isn't a vintage poster yet.
KNEEL13
EB Team

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Picky, aren't we? :)
IamFrank007
Art Connoisseur

Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:26 pm

millard wrote:
slujkr wrote:I'll let you guys know, I bought it...the seller was upfront with me and first contacted me thru EB. He says the thumbtacks are only in the white area and the print otherwise is fine. I hope to frame it and he says the image area is fine....if you collect any vintage posters you learn to live with tack holes if you have to...........roll the dice, pay with credit card and dispute it if there's a problem.......Peace
Looking at the picture - the top left tack appears to puncture the print area.

Also, this isn't a vintage poster yet.
If the buyer is happy???? What's the problem???? It might bring down the average price????? Are we the only 2 guys who buy a print to keep it and hang up proudly?????? Drymount the F^&$ERS who buy only to make a buck...... I say hang it up and be proud you own this SPECIAL print :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
" I love Jack White, like a little brother"