10,000 Lakes Festival 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
kyle
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:28 pm

Flimby wrote:EB Weekly Award Winner 7/11/07
that didn't take long :lol:
no kidding. one day. thats a new record.
MattStrine
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:30 pm

That's awesome! :lol:

4"x24" Yazoo mailing tubes will be available for $2.00 ea.
s_k_y
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:32 pm

this print is just simply gorgeous.

fantastic image, great colors, and the text doesn't affect it at all IMO.
MattStrine
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:39 pm

Please refrain from sending EMEK paypals. :roll:
(cough)... rabid fans. :wink:
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:47 pm

MattStrine wrote:That's awesome! :lol:

4"x24" Yazoo mailing tubes will be available for $2.00 ea.
dirt-yazoo-mills-flipping-hippies! :wink:
ldiddy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:43 pm

Matt - I was very pleased with the way things went last year. I would suggest you doing the same format you did for the Pollocks. There is no reason to change because as you saw, people were trying to budge after I had been chillin for close to six hours. Then you broke out the list and that was GOLDEN!!! Please do the same this year, no reason to change. That being said, are there a certain amount being sold each day like last year (minus the matching number sets that were sold the first day) BTW, I was the guy that gave you props at the Street Team appreciation party - hope to see you again this year!
aandrew
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:52 pm

Everything the same except... whoever is in charge, make sure that its posted what the plan is.

I was there early wed morning around 11am. There wasn't an actual "line" yet, and I asked the woman at the tent they were being sold at if I could start the line.

She told me that there wasn't going to be a line and that I needed to come back later. After coming back several times and being told the same thing, I headed into the concert bowl to watch some music.

A few hours later I came back and there was a line formed and some guy was putting together a list. I told him my story and he "did me a favor" by sliding my name onto the list. I was 49th out of 50. No biggie, I got a set... but I was told one thing, and then shown another...

Just better organization from the start would help... but otherwise, it worked out pretty well.
artoholic
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:04 pm

:drool:
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
phanatic420
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:45 pm

last year was nothing short of chaotic concerning the Pollocks (no offense Matt). Try this:

Start a list
Take roll occasionally
If someone has left the line and misses the roll call, cross their name off the list.

And I was of course just kidding about buying all 400, although I will do my best to grab some extras for those I have already pm'd about this.
mcnail
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:53 pm

phanatic420 wrote:last year was nothing short of chaotic concerning the Pollocks (no offense Matt). Try this:

Start a list
Take roll occasionally
If someone has left the line and misses the roll call, cross their name off the list.

And I was of course just kidding about buying all 400, although I will do my best to grab some extras for those I have already pm'd about this.
I think he said 1 per person earlier.
mcnail
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:57 pm

Lists? Why not just do it like every other concert that sells sought after posters? They go on sale right when doors open, make your way to the merch area.

Wouldn't the easiest way to sell the Emek's just be to start selling them when the festival opens and have them be first come, first served? It could be the first stop people make coming into the fest and big ass lines probably wouldn't form. It would also be a nice thing for 10klf, encouraging people to come at the beginning and experience the entire festival.

As far as the Pollock printing/onsale, post a time when he'll be doing it, and let them line up. I think the important thing is to just make sure a time is clearly stated so that people know how early to line up or not line up.

Just my two cents.
ldiddy
Art Expert

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:08 pm

Anyone saying that last year was bad was not waiting in line. If you are there, then you put your name on the list. It's a nice way to do things and it kept everyone in check, I can't count the number of fools thinking that they could just bounce in front ten minutes before they went on sale, not to mention it might be storming out - the only people who didn't get the Pollocks last year were the ones that showed up too late, if you haven't been there it's pretty hectic just to say - Wait in line when the gates open - this is a much better way of doing things, there's like 15,000 people wondering around, who's to say some wook can't just squeeze in line right when they go on sale? It's a bad idea to change, nothing was wrong w/ last year. More organization yes, but to just ditch the format and have chaos ensue is reminisent of Hampton Phish Pollock sale and I think we all know how that one turned out - hectic. MY 2 cents.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:10 pm

.....and they say this poster only costs $40. Hah!
phanatic420
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 pm

it was my understanding that lots of people had no idea there was a list and were just waiting in line (and I use the term "line" in the loosest sense of the word)
phanatic420
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:39 pm

mcnail wrote:
phanatic420 wrote:last year was nothing short of chaotic concerning the Pollocks (no offense Matt). Try this:

Start a list
Take roll occasionally

I think he said 1 per person earlier.
I am a polygamist and will be bringing all 7 of my wives.