Goldfinger RR 07 Slater

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9945
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25809
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
SurfingJeff
Art Expert
Posts: 2263
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:46 pm
Location: Manhattan Beach, CA
Contact:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:29 pm

rubberneck wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
Totally agreed. While it doesn't get the same recognition as the Stout/Ansin/Moss stuff, this definitely belongs in the Mondo pantheon.
T.H.C.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9945
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:32 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
Totally agreed. While it doesn't get the same recognition as the Stout/Ansin/Moss stuff, this definitely belongs in the Mondo pantheon.
I would definitely include Stouts's Lebowski and IG in that pantheon, but I'm a fan of Quentin and the Cohen's, so maybe it's just me :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
User avatar
jlabbate
Art Freak
Posts: 15996
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:44 pm
Location: The BIG Apple
Contact:

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 pm

rubberneck wrote:Just joined the club! :pint:
congrats :clap: ..we've gotta teach you the secret Goldfinger handshake :pint:
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14710
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm

rubberneck wrote:Just joined the club! :pint:
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Image
User avatar
RottenAtom
Art Freak
Posts: 14710
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:51 am
Location: Houston, TX

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:43 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
Totally agreed. While it doesn't get the same recognition as the Stout/Ansin/Moss stuff, this definitely belongs in the Mondo pantheon.
I would definitely include Stouts's Lebowski and IG in that pantheon, but I'm a fan of Quentin and the Cohen's, so maybe it's just me :lol:
I agree on Lebowski -it's far and away my favorite Stout. Inglorious is cool but I don't consider it 'top shelf'.

Goldfinger definitely ranks among best. It's one classy piece of art.
Image
User avatar
Cbjornson
Art Expert
Posts: 1672
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Location: NoDak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
Totally agreed. While it doesn't get the same recognition as the Stout/Ansin/Moss stuff, this definitely belongs in the Mondo pantheon.
I would definitely include Stouts's Lebowski and IG in that pantheon, but I'm a fan of Quentin and the Cohen's, so maybe it's just me :lol:
I agree on Lebowski -it's far and away my favorite Stout. Inglorious is cool but I don't consider it 'top shelf'.

Goldfinger definitely ranks among best. It's one classy piece of art.
If you're talking strictly Alamo/Mondo stuff, Stout's Lebowski can't be included. That was for a gallery show that had nothing to do with Mondo.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
User avatar
ianpotter
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: In the UK, OK.

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:27 am

Someone is going to get a bargain (not mine btw).

eBay 360500380216
kansasbbq
Art Freak
Posts: 18439
Joined: Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:46 pm
Location: AUSTIN, tx

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 am

jlabbate wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Just joined the club! :pint:
congrats :clap: ..we've gotta teach you the secret Goldfinger handshake :pint:
No one showed me the secret handshake when I joined. :twisted:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
Posts: 7056
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:22 am

ianpotter wrote:Someone is going to get a bargain (not mine btw).

eBay 360500380216


Well, not anymore. Danks a lot.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15337
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am

talkingdeads wrote:
ianpotter wrote:Someone is going to get a bargain (not mine btw).

eBay 360500380216
Well, not anymore. Danks a lot.
What he said ...
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert
Posts: 2148
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:12 am
Location: Orange County

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:27 am

So were all going for it ehh ?
User avatar
talkingdeads
Art Expert
Posts: 7056
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:54 pm
Location: it's subjective

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am

Im already out. So, no fight from me.
User avatar
Lomier66
Art Expert
Posts: 2433
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:42 am
Location: Wherever I can prise rent from the local Hebrews

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:52 am

Only 92 views on that! :shock:

Someone doesn’t know how to exploit art forums to widen the net. :lol:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
Post Reply