Goldfinger RR 07 Slater

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:22 pm

Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
rubberneck
Art God

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:27 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:29 pm

rubberneck wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Definitely what I would consider an 'iconic' print and one of Slater's best!!!
Absolutely. I was always curious but never actively hunting this until I saw Rottenatoms print in the flesh. It's a stunner. :shock:

This is one of those 'classic' Alamo/Mondo releases up there with Stout's The Thing/BTILC, Mosses ED/SW, Struzan's Frank and Ansin's Bride/Phantom, imo...
Totally agreed. While it doesn't get the same recognition as the Stout/Ansin/Moss stuff, this definitely belongs in the Mondo pantheon.
T.H.C.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:32 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

Totally agreed. While it doesn't get the same recognition as the Stout/Ansin/Moss stuff, this definitely belongs in the Mondo pantheon.
I would definitely include Stouts's Lebowski and IG in that pantheon, but I'm a fan of Quentin and the Cohen's, so maybe it's just me :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
jlabbate
Art Freak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:44 pm

rubberneck wrote:Just joined the club! :pint:
congrats :clap: ..we've gotta teach you the secret Goldfinger handshake :pint:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:09 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap:
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:43 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
rubberneck wrote:

I would definitely include Stouts's Lebowski and IG in that pantheon, but I'm a fan of Quentin and the Cohen's, so maybe it's just me :lol:
I agree on Lebowski -it's far and away my favorite Stout. Inglorious is cool but I don't consider it 'top shelf'.

Goldfinger definitely ranks among best. It's one classy piece of art.
Cbjornson
Art Expert

Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:54 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
SurfingJeff wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:

I agree on Lebowski -it's far and away my favorite Stout. Inglorious is cool but I don't consider it 'top shelf'.

Goldfinger definitely ranks among best. It's one classy piece of art.
If you're talking strictly Alamo/Mondo stuff, Stout's Lebowski can't be included. That was for a gallery show that had nothing to do with Mondo.
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
ianpotter
Art Connoisseur

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:27 am

Someone is going to get a bargain (not mine btw).

eBay 360500380216
kansasbbq
Art Freak

Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:44 am

jlabbate wrote:
congrats :clap: ..we've gotta teach you the secret Goldfinger handshake :pint:
No one showed me the secret handshake when I joined. :twisted:
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:22 am

ianpotter wrote:Someone is going to get a bargain (not mine btw).

eBay 360500380216

Well, not anymore. Danks a lot.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am

talkingdeads wrote:
ianpotter wrote:Someone is going to get a bargain (not mine btw).

eBay 360500380216
Well, not anymore. Danks a lot.
What he said ...
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
MooreSaxPlease
Art Expert

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:27 am

So were all going for it ehh ?
talkingdeads
Art Expert

Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:31 am

Im already out. So, no fight from me.
Lomier66