Phish Chicago 13 Masthay

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Phish Chicago 13 Masthay

attackonthebass
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:31 pm

I dunno, but something about 35 dollar lot art bothers me. Yes I know it's A.J., it's A.J.

I don't make the rules, but unless your print is MASSIVE it shouldn't be over $20 bones.

also, I can't recall what it is. but this print reminds me of something else. I can't put my finger on it, it maybe another one of Aj's pieces
Common sense, is not that common
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:48 pm

I would venture to bet that AJ puts more time and effort into his art than 95% of those on lot, so more power to him for charging more, IMO

Great print showcasing the city
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
Cheese318
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:07 pm

attackonthebass wrote:I dunno, but something about 35 dollar lot art bothers me. Yes I know it's A.J., it's A.J.

I don't make the rules, but unless your print is MASSIVE it shouldn't be over $20 bones.

also, I can't recall what it is. but this print reminds me of something else. I can't put my finger on it, it maybe another one of Aj's pieces
I think your wrong. He has a professional studio now. It's not like he is doing this in his basement, and unfortunately maybe by choice or by the band he has not got to do the official show poster yet. He has done official prints for other bands and has art prints for gallery shows. It's not like he is doing just phish anymore and for him to concentrate on making gig posters where he obviously could be getting paid for other projects just give the man credit for pushing himself to get to the level of artist he has become. If you don't like his work that's your opinion but to compare his work to some of the "fan" art that is out there is just way off. He is a pro in my book. Some posters are better than others but that is the same with every artist.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:12 pm

Amazing skills, as usual this will blow away the official show poster..
macc5
EB Team

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:41 pm

chalkdust wrote:Amazing skills, as usual this will blow away the official show poster..
jamel-d
Art Freak

Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:45 pm

I only have a couple of AJ's triptychs, but I must say, some of the nicest prints in my collection.
HARRYHOOD213
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:05 pm

His work is outstanding and no where near "Lot art" anymore. He IS the LINO CUT MASTER. Think about how he creates these prints. Amazing skills. I believe he crossed the threshold from "Lot Artist" to full time artist and he is getting bigger every day. Besides Millward, his Phish prints destroyed all the official ones and $20 is probably barely his cost. His work is right up there with the best of them. No one else can do what he does.
OAFY
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:36 pm

"Besides Millward, his Phish prints destroyed all the official ones"

agreed.
Image Image
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:38 pm

he should just quit making phish posters to spite them
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
HARRYHOOD213
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:52 pm

He makes money off Phish Posters, why stop? That's what got him to where he is today. They will NEVER hire him, their loss.
DreadiebettieFlips

Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:30 am

HARRYHOOD213 wrote:He makes money off Phish Posters, why stop? That's what got him to where he is today. They will NEVER hire him, their loss.

Exactly their loss. He does amazing work. I even saw a basic but incredible vintage IT print the other day on eBay. His work has progressed into some of the best work on lot/in the show! I would pay $35 over $50 for some of the prints Phish has done for their shows ie Rochester this year. It looks like a toilet bowl full of bees. AJ keeps bringing the heat. And the blue variant of MSG is insane from this year! :clap: