The Dark Tower 13 Struzan

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
T1000
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Thronk wrote:The fact that it's been in the store for almost two hours and is still available is a pretty good indication of it's popularity. :shock:
It might be not due its popularity, it might be because of 275 bucks...;)
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:26 pm

Thronk wrote:The fact that it's been in the store for almost two hours and is still available is a pretty good indication of it's flipability.
Timbrh2001
Art Expert

Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:29 pm

T1000 wrote:
Thronk wrote:The fact that it's been in the store for almost two hours and is still available is a pretty good indication of it's popularity. :shock:
It might be not due its popularity, it might be because of 275 bucks...;)
Basically this.

It would have been long gone at $150
hulings
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:39 am

DonPiano wrote:Couldn't agree more about the Whelan stuff. Seriously people, save your money and go and buy a print off his store...

Image is a much much better image. And in my opinion, a lot more iconic than the Struzan one.

dude, you just ruined my bank account for the next few years...Dark Tower, Wheel of Time & this? http://www.michaelwhelan.com/shop/repro ... ons/kings/

:hanging:
jimbobiii
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:00 am

jkw3000 wrote:
tnt737373 wrote:I thought Mondo pried themselves on not selling screen prints at a ridiculously high price, why is this Dark Tower print with a fairly large edition almost $300? Just because it's Struzan? Did he demand a higher cut or something?
The number of inks. It's a lot.
eh, certainly its more the Struzan factor. though a lot went into building this print.

it's really remarkable that it's a screenprint
DonPiano
Art Expert

Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:15 am

hulings wrote:
DonPiano wrote:Couldn't agree more about the Whelan stuff. Seriously people, save your money and go and buy a print off his store...

Image is a much much better image. And in my opinion, a lot more iconic than the Struzan one.

dude, you just ruined my bank account for the next few years...Dark Tower, Wheel of Time & this? http://www.michaelwhelan.com/shop/repro ... ons/kings/

:hanging:
haha, Michael Whelan's a god in my opinion. I love his work the most in the Dark Tower series. And his other works are brilliant as well.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
postersrwc77posters
Art Connoisseur

Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:57 am

Drew is what got me into collecting movie posters from the start. I realize he stopped because movie posters suck these days. I really love his Frankenstein print from a couple of years ago. Now he has a fresh start with Mondo and what does he give us.... The same stuff he made before. Drew has a really great chance to shine again here by making new material. Lets go Drew put a cold one in one hand and a brush in the other and kick some aaaaasssssss and get back to old schooling it man 8) 8)
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Why bother? He's still making money rehashing the old fudge.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.