Sonic Youth Torino 07 Malleus

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:54 pm

A matter of semantics. I'll give it to you for the right price.
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:04 pm

I'm thinking more along the lines of "murdering you in your sleep" and "giving myself access to your valuables."

Edit: typo!
Last edited by ColdSoreSuperstar on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
not dead
jamel-d
Art Freak

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:21 pm

Just leave the 'family jewels' to my wife.
tranito
Art Expert

Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:23 pm

kristian wrote:Reading the discussion here just fuels my wish to eventually pick up my first malleus. Im eying that 'six organs' print.
Excellent choice. You will fall in love. Do it while it is still available for cheap. Right now, the best Malleus print / lowest price ratio... no doubt. You'd might even find it better than this one side by side or let's say as good or close to it. 6x cheaper.

About the Sonic Youth, the only thing mysterious to me about this print is why people are going so crazy over its illustration. :?: I found the printing to be top-notch though. I also like the perspective in this one (btw Malleus play with perspective in many of their prints, from a lot of different views... to me it's far from being specific to this one... I'd even say it's part of the Malleus signature...) The centered main subject is really where I'm not really seduce. The lower half of her body is negative space, there's a lack of details when it comes down to make the ghost/spectre feel like it's made of snow and that it comes out of the snow storm. Good concept, but I feel the design could have been done better. On the other hand, the overall mood and vibe work very well.
ricv64
Art Expert

Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:11 pm

atmosphere
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
clem99
EB Team

Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:51 am

stop talking this poster up, i havent got a copy yet, good analysis dean by the way
art is the only justification for pain :)
kristian
Art Enthusiast

Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:11 pm

tranito wrote:
kristian wrote:Reading the discussion here just fuels my wish to eventually pick up my first malleus. Im eying that 'six organs' print.
Excellent choice. You will fall in love. Do it while it is still available for cheap. Right now, the best Malleus print / lowest price ratio... no doubt. You'd might even find it better than this one side by side or let's say as good or close to it. 6x cheaper.

About the Sonic Youth, the only thing mysterious to me about this print is why people are going so crazy over its illustration. :?: I found the printing to be top-notch though. I also like the perspective in this one (btw Malleus play with perspective in many of their prints, from a lot of different views... to me it's far from being specific to this one... I'd even say it's part of the Malleus signature...) The centered main subject is really where I'm not really seduce. The lower half of her body is negative space, there's a lack of details when it comes down to make the ghost/spectre feel like it's made of snow and that it comes out of the snow storm. Good concept, but I feel the design could have been done better. On the other hand, the overall mood and vibe work very well.
Nice post!

Yeah, Six Organs looks really cool and its now on its way to my door :D

Still very curious about this one... Its such a cold image, yet the candle give it warmth..
downtown
Art Expert

Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:13 pm

This is a wonderful image.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Feb 09, 2024 7:46 pm

No comments for 15 years.
Jesus.. the world is going to hell. :evil:
haven
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:26 pm

A really special piece of work. One of my favorites.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Feb 09, 2024 9:32 pm

Hey wasn't this image the one for January on the malleus calendar I just hung up? I could be misremembering but it was nice of them to throw in the calendar with my tarot sub (just opened it today!)
turnJBup
Art Freak

Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:28 pm

Yes! Correct. I think it’s the image for December.
I entered the calendar in the database about a week ago.
Should pop up soon?