These Sunsets Are To Die For 07 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:30 pm

coxgt wrote:
Codeblue wrote:I have an idea, let's discuss flipping.
I guess that sour diesel finally wore off eh. :lol:
pjtaper
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:36 am

just hit the skunk... flip away... I'm framing mine.. unless the right offer comes along, and I'm not talking $$
sasquatch
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:16 am

pjtaper wrote:just hit the skunk... flip away... I'm framing mine.. unless the right offer comes along, and I'm not talking $$
schitzo. :crazy:
kyle
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:52 am

guyforget wrote:Its hilarious when people who have been paying attention to Shepard Fairey for 6 months start critiquing his works and saying that hes repetitive. Where were they when everything he put out was Andre? Most of these people that spout off at the mouth continuously dont remember past the Tuesday @ 12 PST thing, the old website, or anything else from over 6 months ago. Its all hot air over here sometimes.
i asked a question.

what makes it great art ?

i didn't say it wasn't great, i asked why it was.

i wanted to hear from other people here.

only one person actually said why they liked it.

what's wrong with critiquing art in the art comments thread ?

and you're right, 6 months ago fairey was unknown to me.

does that make it a crime to have an opinion ?

you people crack me up.

i am not afraid to say how i feel about it.

when i read what i typed yesterday, the only thing that was a mistake to say was "almost anything in the store would blow away 90% of the fudge obey peddles."

i don't agree with what i said there. that was hot air. the rest was fairly reasonable i thought. i don't feel like his art is fudge, and i don't feel like he peddles it at all, he does very well as an artist obviously. and some of the stuff in the store i visited wasn't that great, so that entire sentence was worthless.

but the question posed wasn't worthless.

whats worthless is to come on here and urinate on other people for trying to stimulate thought and encourage discussion.

saying that i was spouting off at the mouth with hot air shows me that you didn't really read all of what i said. i was sharing my thoughts, about art and opinion, hoping that others would join in the debate, rather than stand on the sidelines and make crappy remarks and poke fun. i realize message boads are usually heavily spammed with jokes and trolls attacks. it would just be nice to be able to hear actual opinions about the art instead of attacking someone for having an opinion.

go ahead. own me someone. if that is all we have left, if that is what this place has amounted to, own me. the internet is so damn fun. i love you guys. i knew i left myself wide open, and i am doing it again. i do it because i learn from it. i enjoy hearing what everyone has to say, even the attacks on me or the clever one liners. i laughed at "sour grapes". i laughed at "yawn....whatever". i am not being as serious as i might sound. i just think we can do better.
:hanging:
artoholic
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:20 am

I like it because it is so different from anything else that I have seen Fairey do. Keep in mind that I have only been collecting his work for less than 6 months. There have been an awful lot of portraits in the past 6 months, so for me this seems refreshing. I also like the 50's vintage feel of this piece.

Happy 4th of July folks :cheers:
"Selling my stories to the violent and perverted, all eyes are on me and I don't deserve it
Nothing to do, except I guess to play blues, sleep in my car, I’m yesterdays news"

~ Richard Terfry aka Buck 65

http://www.myspace.com/bikeforthree
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:49 am

Kyle -

1. Your posts are too long. :wink:

2. My point was general, not directed at you or anyone specific. There are more than a few people here that like to post their uninformed opinions that I would classify as "spouting off at the mouth." Your initial post was more thoughtful than most, and my posts were not directed at you personally.

3. Nobody commented on the OG (or anything else from the amazing show he has at Levine) when it was posted; leaving me to believe that most of these people are only paying attention to the prints. Wonder why? Sure, none of us are exactly in the market for the $40K OG, but if we were solely interested in "critiquing the art" then why didnt anyone start this discussion when the OG was posted?

Again - its just general commentary, Im not trying to specifically bust your balls, Kyle.

If you havent seen the show check it out at http://jonathanlevinegallery.com/preview/shepardfairey
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
C-Real
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:18 pm

I discovered Fairey in january. A friend of mine offered me "Supply and Demand" Book for my birthday.
So I checked on EB :D
What I like in Fairey's works ? Hum a lot of things included that all his works only use 3 colors, the details on the clothes (portraits themes)...

And this print is really good !! Yes it is unusual, and it makes me think of an old publicity from the 50's-60's :)

I still prefer "War by Numbers"...

OH... The Fairey/WK Interact exibition in Paris was great for sure ! :D
kyle
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:48 pm

guyforget wrote:Kyle -

:iagree: i apologize for that.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:56 pm

C-Real wrote: I still prefer "War by Numbers"...
I tried getting this from his NYC show but got shut out there, too. I like the gold variation. I'm still looking. But I won't pay those ridiculous ebay prices.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:58 pm

kyle wrote:

:iagree: i apologize for that.
You have nothing to apologize for. How else can one express oneself without rambling? So go on, ramble all you want. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
funkin
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 04, 2007 1:36 pm

pjtaper wrote:just hit the skunk... flip away... I'm framing mine.. unless the right offer comes along, and I'm not talking $$
i personally haven't seen a "blowjob worthy" poster out there yet, but good luck to you.
freaksmeout
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:28 pm

2. My point was general, not directed at you or anyone specific. There are more than a few people here that like to post their uninformed opinions that I would classify as "spouting off at the mouth." Your initial post was more thoughtful than most, and my posts were not directed at you personally.

3. Nobody commented on the OG (or anything else from the amazing show he has at Levine) when it was posted; leaving me to believe that most of these people are only paying attention to the prints. Wonder why? Sure, none of us are exactly in the market for the $40K OG, but if we were solely interested in "critiquing the art" then why didnt anyone start this discussion when the OG was posted?

Again - its just general commentary, Im not trying to specifically bust your balls, Kyle.

If you havent seen the show check it out at http://jonathanlevinegallery.com/preview/shepardfairey
No surprise, this show appears to have sold very well. I love that 12" x 12" album cover series he did. Had not seen all of those before.
drummer7795
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:39 pm

Nobody's gonna be flippin those 11' x 16's, that's for sure :shock: .
Wish I could've made the show and clothesline tackle a couple splashers.
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.
jamel-d
Art Freak

Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:56 pm

drummer7795 wrote:Nobody's gonna be flippin those 11' x 16's, that's for sure :shock: .
They already are.
http://cgi.ebay.com/E-PLURIBUS-VENOM-PR ... dZViewItem
drummer7795
Art Expert

Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:04 pm

jamel-d wrote:
drummer7795 wrote:Nobody's gonna be flippin those 11' x 16's, that's for sure :shock: .
They already are.
http://cgi.ebay.com/E-PLURIBUS-VENOM-PR ... dZViewItem
I meant these
http://jonathanlevinegallery.com/?metho ... rtistidx=1

Feet, not inches :wink:
FKozik wrote:see you in hell.
mistersmith wrote:If you didn't want Horkey to tear you up you shouldn't have worn that short skirt.